A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

How to get from Santiago back to Paris?

Zeton walks

Camino(s) past & future
Autumn 2020
I'm a newbie and will do Frances in September and October. I've nailed down my travel from the US to SJPP via Paris and Biarritz but I'm having difficulty with the logistics of getting back to Paris from Santiago for my return home. Knowing there's a slick-trick and would be so thankful for help.

mmmmartin

Camino(s) past & future
Santander-SdC bici '14
Plata bici '17
1/2 Plata bici '18
Frances a pie '18
(Porto a pie '19)
Fly. Bus is 24 hours non stop. Train similar. Is €3 on the bus from centre of Santiago to the airport, takes 20 minutes. Loads of flights to Paris.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Yes, when returning home, flying out of Santiago is simple. Flights to most places. I’ve used Vueling and Iberia before. Both good and check luggage on both.
In April I’m still undecided myself though at the end ; whether to try the train to Madrid. Staying there 2 days.

No question about flying to Paris though. Unless you wanted to do lots of stops and stays along the way. It’s a long way on either road or rail.

Buen camino
Annie

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Just thought to mention this too.
Try using the free app Rome2rio
It will give you alternatives, types of transport etc; and rough pricing, rough times taken , even timetables if you drill down. It’s a great app for anywhere and everywhere. Locally , internationally etc.

Depending where in USA you live ... you can even fly out of Porto in Portugal to some USA destinations . You can reach Porto from Santiago quite easily and quickly by bus.

Buen camino
Annie

Zeton walks

Camino(s) past & future
Autumn 2020
Fly. Bus is 24 hours non stop. Train similar. Is €3 on the bus from centre of Santiago to the airport, takes 20 minutes. Loads of flights to Paris.
Thanks so very much for your time and help. I'm totally over-the-edge excited already and I have months to wait.

Zeton walks

Camino(s) past & future
Autumn 2020
Thanks so very much for your time and help. I'm totally over-the-edge excited already and I have months to wait.

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
Fly, the airport is close to Santiago, and its a cheap and short flight.

Last edited:

Donjek

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPdP - Fisterra
Renfe train from Santiago to Irun/Hendaye or Barcelona.

SNCF train from Hendaye or Barcelona to Paris.

Journey time is approximately the same either route.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
If you don't have your flights already look at booking a "multi city" itinerary. Fly into Paris and home from Porto or Madrid. I found flying home from Porto especially easy. There are many buses every day from Santiago to Porto, and it only takes about 4 hours. The Alsa bus even stops at the airport!

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
I'm a newbie and will do Frances in September and October. I've nailed down my travel from the US to SJPP via Paris and Biarritz but I'm having difficulty with the logistics of getting back to Paris from Santiago for my return home. Knowing there's a slick-trick and would be so thankful for help.
Veuling or EasyJet

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock