• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get from Santiago to Lugo/Sarria

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there, as a new member who intends to travel from Sarria to Compostela in April 2009 I thought the following link (in English!!) might prove to be of use to anyone wondering about bus access between Santiago and Sarria. You will need to go to Lugo and change for Sarria. This information is correct at 04/01/2009. Hope this is of some use.
Regards, Bribaby.

http://www.empresafreire.com/html/ingles/seccion3a.htm

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Fly: Ryanair (if they are back in Santiagi when you need to leave!)
Train: Hotel Tren is best - 10 hours to Madrid
Bus: Alsa.es

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Our question would be for travel backwards on the Primitivo from Lugo.
We can find buses from Santiago to Lugo but nothing listed onwards to Grandas de Salime. After our 2011 Camino we hope to go back to Santander via Lugo and Grandas. It is possible to get a bus from Grandas to Tineo, Oviedo etc.
Does anyone know if there is a bus linking Lugo with Fonsegrada and then Grandas itself please?
Terry and Valerie

ALSA goes from Santiago to Grandas de Salime. In the search box, type in Santiago and then Grandas Salime (leave out the 'de' ) at 8h30 arriving at 19h00 with an hour change at Oviedo.
SANTIAGO COMPOSTELA
A CORUÑA/LA CORUÑA
BETANZOS
GUITIRIZ
VILLALBA (LUGO)
RIBADEO
NAVIA
LUARCA
AVILES
OVIEDO TRANSB
OVIEDO (Connection)
GRADO
CABRUÑANA
CORNELLANA
VILLAZON
SALAS
LA PEÑA
LA ESPINA
EL PEDREGAL
EL CRUCERO
TINEO
SANTULLANO-Tineo-
GERA
SAN FACUNDO
SAN FELIX
ABLANEDA
TAMALLANES
POLA ALLANDE
LAGO
BERDUCEDO
EL SALTO
GRANDAS SALIME

Thanks Sil, but we want to go from Lugo to Grandas, then on to Oviedo. We had found the circuitous route you describe. Maybe it is the only way, in which case we will not have time to see both Lugo and Grandas on our way home.
Valerie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Following a PM to Ivar and his helpful reply we e-mailed the tourist board. They sent a very detailed reply.

There are buses from Santiago to Lugo, then a good bus service from Lugo to Fonsegrada. From there it is necessary to take a taxi to Grandas (23 km).

So we will be able to plan according to the time we have and hopefully see both Lugo and the castro near Grandas as well as Grandas itself.
The Alsa then runs from Grandas to Oviedo etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back