• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get from SCQ

Alberte

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (July, 2017)
Hi all!

How often does intercity buses go from SCQ airport to the bus station in Santiago? I can't find a time table, and I don't know if an hour and 20 minutes will be enough to reach the bus at the station and catch my bus!
Arriving at noon, so there must be a lot of buses? And is it necessary to book a ticket in advance?

Please help!! Leaving next monday and SO SO SO excited!! And thanks!!

/Alberte

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's exactly what Google maps is meant for

Thanks for The GREAT Advice, and I sure did try to figure it out myself;). But I just can't find a time table over how long it will take in a bus. As I can see there is plenty of stops, and since I don't know how often they leave, it is not that easy for me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all!

How often does intercity buses go from SCQ airport to the bus station in Santiago? I can't find a time table, and I don't know if an hour and 20 minutes will be enough to reach the bus at the station and catch my bus!
Arriving at noon, so there must be a lot of buses? And is it necessary to book a ticket in advance?

Please help!! Leaving next monday and SO SO SO excited!! And thanks!!

/Alberte
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-de-Compostela-Airport-SCQ/Santiago-de-Compostela-Bus-Station

Bus ride is approx.20 minutes.

And timetable:
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/ingles/seccion3a.php

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Out of curiosity, and for those who may look for this information in the future, what did you google?

Because when I type Santiago Compostela aeropuerto, google automatically suggests a search with "autobus" at the end of the search words and the website for the AENA website pops up at the pop, and that site gives you the link to the bus company that offers the service.

On the left hand side of the page is a menu with "horarios". Click on that and you can do a search with drop down options.

Out of curiosity, and for those who may look for this information in the future, what did you google?

Because when I type Santiago Compostela aeropuerto, google automatically suggests a search with "autobus" at the end of the search words and the website for the AENA website pops up at the pop, and that site gives you the link to the bus company that offers the service.

On the left hand side of the page is a menu with "horarios". Click on that and you can do a search with drop down options.
If that was a question for me, I went directly to rome2rio web page and there obtained the link to Empresa Freire timetable. But I did thought about AENA web page at first :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If that was a question for me, I went directly to rome2rio web page and there obtained the link to Empresa Freire timetable. But I did thought about AENA web page at first :)
No it was for the OP who says she looked but could not find the info. I google three words and voilà! I didn't even need to add "bus", google suggested it all on its very own. :) Plus airportd always have informationabout public transport to and from them; in this case with a large logo of a bus right on its home page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in Santiago now and as of 3 July there have been on and off bus driver strikes for a week or so in Santiago. You find out each morning if they are on strike and then have to choose a taxi. The schedule mounted at the airport says departures every 30 minutes last Saturday the 13h30 bus departed at 14h, there was no 13h30 bus.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The bus strike takes only place at Tuesdays and Wednesdays, other days are fine ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back