• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get my husband to Finesterre to meet me?

Katherine Radeka

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2023)
Camino Portuguese (2024)
My wonderful husband is going to meet me in Finesterre, where I've found a lovely place for us to stay for a few days to reconnect.

I'm trying to figure out how to get him from the airport in Santiago to Finesterre. The place we're staying doesn't have parking. The easiest way for him would be to rent a car (as a bonus, we'd have the car until we went back to Santiago) if we can solve the parking issue. We're both comfortable driving in Italy and I can't imagine it would be much worse in that part of Spain.

I'm open to other options. I'd like for him to be able to get there on his own so that if I'm a bit delayed, he can still meet me there.

I think he'd be OK on a tour bus or shuttle that goes directly, but not on a city bus that makes a lot of stops.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is a large bus station in Santiago itself that has daily and inexpensive buses that go to Finisterre. He could take a taxi from the airport to Santiago and take a bus to Finisterre.
cheers

My wonderful husband is going to meet me in Finesterre, where I've found a lovely place for us to stay for a few days to reconnect.

I'm trying to figure out how to get him from the airport in Santiago to Finesterre. The place we're staying doesn't have parking. The easiest way for him would be to rent a car (as a bonus, we'd have the car until we went back to Santiago) if we can solve the parking issue. We're both comfortable driving in Italy and I can't imagine it would be much worse in that part of Spain.

I'm open to other options. I'd like for him to be able to get there on his own so that if I'm a bit delayed, he can still meet me there.

I think he'd be OK on a tour bus or shuttle that goes directly, but not on a city bus that makes a lot of stops.
Hi, Katherine,

Why would you need a rented car? Do you have some special places to visit in mind?
If not, then he can take a bus from the airport to Santiago and then to Fisterra (Finisterre). Simple.
And you won't need parking lot. You may walk to Muxia together for example with stay in Lires...

Have a ball :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the responses. I think the taxi and then bus option is probably the best one for him.

Hi Katherine,
If he does rent a car, there's a convenient parking lot right by the fishing port in the Finisterre village. It's free (at least it *has* been free in all of our previous visits through the years - but anything can change!) and close to the restaurants, hotels, and shops of the village. Then you can either walk or drive out to the lighthouse area, which also has parking. From Santiago it takes about an hour to drive to Finisterre.

Buen Camino!
Faith

Two years ago I drove with my own car to Cabo Fisterre. A very pleasant drive ,and beautiful landscape. No problems. Except for the hectic Santiago infrastructure it is an easy drive. The Spaniards do not drive that aggresive like e.g. the Portuguese.
At cabo Fisterre is lot of parkingspace . I drove over 8000 kms with my car and caravan through France ,Spain(Galicia and the nothern region ) and Portugal. Very relaxed.so rent a car and drive to Fisterre I should advice.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Katherine,
If he does rent a car, there's a convenient parking lot right by the fishing port in the Finisterre village. It's free (at least it *has* been free in all of our previous visits through the years - but anything can change!) and close to the restaurants, hotels, and shops of the village. Then you can either walk or drive out to the lighthouse area, which also has parking. From Santiago it takes about an hour to drive to Finisterre.

Buen Camino!
Faith
I almost drove to the lighthouse. No problem. Lots of parking
Hi, Katherine,

Why would you need a rented car? Do you have some special places to visit in mind?
If not, then he can take a bus from the airport to Santiago and then to Fisterra (Finisterre). Simple.
And you won't need parking lot. You may walk to Muxia together for example with stay in Lires...

Have a ball :)
you can make a roundtour. That part of Galicia is beautifull. In the area are medieval places like Noia, a bit furthercat the seaside Muros. We camped in the area during a fortnight. Very interesting. Nice beaches . Bom caminho
space there.

I think the taxi and then bus option is probably the best one for him.
The Santiago-Finesterre bus schedule for today has two buses taking 2 hours and 40 minutes and 2 buses taking 3 hours.
http://www.monbus.es/en/rutas-puntos-de-venta

Bus service from the airport to the bus station:
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/ingles/seccion3a.php

Last edited:
Two years ago I drove with my own car to Cabo Fisterre. A very pleasant drive ,and beautiful landscape. No problems. Except for the hectic Santiago infrastructure it is an easy drive. The Spaniards do not drive that aggresive like e.g. the Portuguese.
At cabo Fisterre is lot of parkingspace . I drove over 8000 kms with my car and caravan through France ,Spain(Galicia and the nothern region ) and Portugal. Very relaxed.so rent a car and drive to Fisterre I should advice.

I emailed the person who owns the place where we'll stay, and he told me that there were two free parking lots where we could leave the car that are nearby.

So based on that, and the comments from @Albertinho I think we'll rent a car. That will also facilitate picking up the luggage I'll ship from SJPP to Santiago.

He's not a walker, so that's probably the only way I'll see Muxia on this trip.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My husband is not a walker either, but he met me in Santiago last May, we then took a bus to Muxia, stayed two nights in private lodging, walked 10 miles to Lires for one night, then walked on to Finesterre for 2 nights. I liked that he got a "taste" of what I'd been doing on my three Caminos, although he didn't catch the "bug". ;)

Hi Katherine....in Oct 2013, my husband met me in Santiago when I got done with my pilgrimage. I "picked him up" from the Santiago airport using the local bus. It was easy enough and the bus was right there waiting after he picked up his luggage and we're ready to get back. Going to Finisterre on the bus is also an easy and comfortable ride - not even crowded. I suggest using the bus both ways and he can relax both ways.

One way he will relax
One way he won't

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back