• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get out of Tres Cantos

timr

Time of past OR future Camino
Several and counting...
In case something happens to me this afternoon!;) I want to get this down.
(I'll tell you what went wrong later!)
Go to Eurostar Hotel. It is tall like a small bullring, with a dome.
See footbridge
Cross footbridge.
See track to left, into 'bush' - not the tempting cycle track alongside dual carriage way. Take the track.
Thassorl. :);):D
If you want to know how to waste 5km I'll tell you in my 'Live from the Camino'.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, timr,

On the theory that misery loves company, let me assure you that I made a mistake at that point as well. I didn't sleep in Tres Cantos, but when I got to the point you describe I made a different mistake and took some wide livestock path for about a half hour. I think it mayt have been a sharper left than the Camino. Turns out that the Camino is right there in between.

Hope your day on the Madrid ends better than it started, though maybe in hindsight you will realize that it was just about getting your daily total kms up a bit, which can only be a good thing!

Buen camino, Laurie

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
See footbridge
Cross footbridge.
See track to left, into 'bush' - not the tempting cycle track alongside dual carriage way. Take the track.
If you want to know how to waste 5km I'll tell you in my 'Live from the Camino'.

I think you took the track that goes to Puente de la Marmota . Someone recommended to do this route and I did it last year, but nothing of interest appart from the bridge and a lot of cyclists.

I just went out the same way that I went in! No problem. Although I did overshoot the entrance to Tres Cantos the previous day, so I knew where I needed to go. I am about to walk through SahagĂşn tomorrow. If you are posting live and want to know what's in store - take a look at my blog
https://magwood.me/my-caminos/caminos-de-madrid-salvador-primitivo-fistera-2017/
Thanks Maggie I've been following you with interest. I'm for Cercedilla tomorrow and then the Real Sitio...
My problem at Tres Cantos is I didn't go in that way, so couldn't come out 'the same way '.:(

Hi, timr,

On the theory that misery loves company, let me assure you that I made a mistake at that point as well.
Hope your day on the Madrid ends better than it started, though maybe in hindsight you will realize that it was just about getting your daily total kms up a bit, which can only be a good thing!

Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks Laurie
I clocked up 33km while @JohnnieWalker says it should be 28. Something wrong.....and it's not him!
BUT despite final wrong turn after the Embalse - how easy it can be to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory - my day ended truly wonderfully. I'll write it up in the morning. Time to sleep.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
See footbridge
Cross footbridge.
Wow guys in 25 days I will arrive in Madrid and stay for two days there, and you are scaring me since I am doing the Camino de Madrid. What scares me more is I want to leave from Madrid which I hear is a bit complicated. Nevertheless am doing it and have a reservation at Hostal Tres Cantos. Any suggestions let me know. Thanks much.

Wow guys in 25 days I will arrive in Madrid and stay for two days there, and you are scaring me since I am doing the Camino de Madrid. What scares me more is I want to leave from Madrid which I hear is a bit complicated. Nevertheless am doing it and have a reservation at Hostal Tres Cantos. Any suggestions let me know. Thanks much.
Hi Nathanael. Don't be scared!! It's a breeze! Look at my 'live from the camino' in this subforum https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/?prefix_id=37 and see @Undermanager there too and Maggie https://magwood.me/my-caminos/caminos-de-madrid-salvador-primitivo-fistera-2017
I know we would all encourage you.
Walking out of Madrid was fine. Get a cheap (or free) street map. Coming to Tres Cantos keep on with city on your right until you reach Eurostar Hotel - unmistakable. Cross there and you have avoided my mistake.:)
We will look forward to hearing how you get on.

Hi Nathanael. Don't be scared!! It's a breeze! Look at my 'live from the camino' in this subforum https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/?prefix_id=37 and see @Undermanager there too and Maggie https://magwood.me/my-caminos/caminos-de-madrid-salvador-primitivo-fistera-2017
I know we would all encourage you.
Walking out of Madrid was fine. Get a cheap (or free) street map. Coming to Tres Cantos keep on with city on your right until you reach Eurostar Hotel - unmistakable. Cross there and you have avoided my mistake.:)
We will look forward to hearing how you get on.
Thanks for the info, I am staying at Hostal Tres Cantos have made a reservation there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
See footbridge
Cross footbridge.
Can you explain the problem here so I do not take the wrong path.

Can you explain the problem here so I do not take the wrong path.
I think when you are there you won't go far wrong. The correct path is clearly marked. The previous night, on your way in, you will have been walking on cycle track. Which continues. But you are going to take a clearly marked turn of about 45 degrees away from tarred cycle path and downhill on a broad roughish sandy road.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back