• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how to get there

yossiron

i am starting the camino from Puy to St Jean this Friday. already did the french camino.
flying to Geneva.
What is the best and cheapest way to get back to Geneva at he end of the camino-from St Jean?
thanks
Yossi :? :?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
According to the RailEurope.com site, your routing would be:
SJPP - Bayonne - Paris (change stations) - Lyon - Geneva for something over USD 210.

According to the French rail site SNCF.com, your routing would be:
SJPP - Bayonne - Paris (change stations) - Geneva for EUR 110- EUR 160 depending on specific dates.

I did not check air routing out of Bayonne or Toulouse.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Apart from the trains, try looking at the cheap airline companies for cheap flights. They will be reducing their summer coverage at the end of September, but it is still worth checking perhaps going from Biarritz into the UK, or CDG Paris and then back out to Lyon or Geneva, or train to Bordeaux then fly somewhere. Easyjet also fly to Geneva from Toulouse. You could combine the train with a flight. Ryanair or more difficult to work out without looking at the Route Map because they use smaller airports and I don't think they fly to Geneva, but they do fly into Italy - Turin, etc. The search engines with the big travel companies do not add these cheap companies in - presumably because they do not receive any payment or commission. So log onto Easyjet for example, see where they go and what combinations you can work on, ditto with Ryanair. There are other companies as well but as I am English I only use the ones that go back and forth into the UK.
Goodluck, Buen Camino, Bonne Camino. I hear the Le Puy route is lovely so can't wait to give it a try myself. Ange

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back