• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get to Ferrol from London?

Brian J Galbraith

Time of past OR future Camino
I am doing my first Camino aged 78 and would welcome any advice. I am doing the English route from Forrel. Any suggestions as how to get there from London. I read some reviews about Air Europe and Vueling which were awful.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am doing my first Camino aged 78 and would welcome any advice. I am doing the English route from Forrel. Any suggestions as how to get there from London. I read some reviews about Air Europe and Vueling which were awful.

Hi and welcome here on this forum.

Vueling is quite ok when it comes to prices and service ( much better than Ryanair ).
You can fly London via Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela and then a bus to Ferrol.

Another option: fly to Vigo, bus to Ferrol. Or, not that you asked, Dublin to Santiago and bus to Ferrol... and fair play, wishing you buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have a look on Skyscanner for flights, Ryanair, Vueling and EasyJet all fly direct to Santiago de Compostela from London airports then it’s a bus to Ferrol

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Brian as I have done this myself ..you get easyjet from Gatwick to Santiago de Compostela , always get national express from Victoria if not the train ..once you get to Santiago airport there be a bus to take you to the bus station where there be a direct bus to Ferrol and the first alberque is just over an hour away ..
Alternatively you could fly vueling from Heathrow to La Corna then a local bus across to Ferrol ..
Hope this helps

JCat has nailed it. The civilised route is via Madrid, ideally with an overnight or two, then take the train. If time is not pressing I’d take the train to A Corruña, have a splendid evening, visit Sir John Moore’s grave and then get a ‘bus to Ferrol. They’re frequent and start earlier than any respectable chap should be out of bed.

I see you live in Northern Ireland . . .

A friend is flying out from Dublin to Santiago on 6th April, returning 13th April for just €7.99 each way.

You can catch a bus right outside of the terminal and go to the bus and train station in Santiago. I'd go by train to Ferrol - much more room than the bus and the scenery is great.

1648754109794.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Brian as I have done this myself ..you get easyjet from Gatwick to Santiago de Compostela , always get national express from Victoria if not the train ..once you get to Santiago airport there be a bus to take you to the bus station where there be a direct bus to Ferrol and the first alberque is just over an hour away ..
Alternatively you could fly vueling from Heathrow to La Corna then a local bus across to Ferrol ..
Hope this helps
Vueling does not fly from Heathrow to A Coruña. As I live a bus ride from Heathrow, I’d have taken that option, rather than cross London and head south to Gatwick!

Vueling does not fly from Heathrow to A Coruña. As I live a bus ride from Heathrow, I’d have taken that option, rather than cross London and head south to Gatwick!
Then I am sorry for you ..Gatwick or Stansted it is then but don't be disheartened it's park of the camino ,
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi @Brian J Galbraith. Congratulations on planning your first Camino. The Ingles is a lovely route.

Vueling direct flight from Gatwick to A Coruna then one of the very regular buses to Ferrol is probably the easiest option from London. If you have the time to stay in A Coruna it is a beautiful and interesting city and a day or two is worthwhile. Alternatively, fly from Gatwick direct to Santiago and then bus either direct to Ferrol or take the train or bus to A Coruna (again you can take advantage of a day or two in the city) and transfer by bus to Ferrol.

I am flying out to Galicia in October into A Coruna and back from Santiago, both direct flights and at reasonable cost. I have used Vueling on many occasions to A Coruna (usually out of Heathrow but the direct flight has now switched to Gatwick) and never had a problem with them. A Coruna is also a great airport to arrive at as it is pretty small so transfer from the plane to the bus into the city is quick and painless.

Good luck with your planning.

Hi @Brian J Galbraith. Congratulations on planning your first Camino. The Ingles is a lovely route.

Vueling direct flight from Gatwick to A Coruna then one of the very regular buses to Ferrol is probably the easiest option from London. If you have the time to stay in A Coruna it is a beautiful and interesting city and a day or two is worthwhile. Alternatively, fly from Gatwick direct to Santiago and then bus either direct to Ferrol or take the train or bus to A Coruna (again you can take advantage of a day or two in the city) and transfer by bus to Ferrol.

I am flying out to Galicia in October into A Coruna and back from Santiago, both direct flights and at reasonable cost. I have used Vueling on many occasions to A Coruna (usually out of Heathrow but the direct flight has now switched to Gatwick) and never had a problem with them. A Coruna is also a great airport to arrive at as it is pretty small so transfer from the plane to the bus into the city is quick and painless.

Good luck with your planning.
Many thanks Miguel.gp for your helpful suggestions.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back