• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

How to get transport fromTerradillos to Madrid

tom kehoe

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2012, Oct 2013
I will be arriving in Terradillos de los Templarios on 10th October and need to get to Madrid on 11th October. Terradillos is between Burgos and Leon and I realise that I may need to get a taxi or bus to nearest train station. I would appreciate some advice on this matter. Tom

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Tom,
I think our resident expert is still out of town (Rebekah lives in Moratinos just a few kms away). My best guess is that you would need to get into Sahagun, about 12 kms away, and from there you'll find transportation to Madrid. You can call (or have the albergue call) a taxi in Sahagun, I'm guessing the fare would be under 15 euros.

From Sahagun there are five trains a day on RENFE's website. The bus company, alsa.es, shows two buses a day from Sahagun to Madrid. One at noon, one at 5 pm, both take about 4 hours. I don't know if you're heading straight to the airport or where your final destination is, but public transportation in Madrid is easy to navigate. Let us know.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Tom,
I think our resident expert is still out of town (Rebekah lives in Moratinos just a few kms away). My best guess is that you would need to get into Sahagun, about 12 kms away, and from there you'll find transportation to Madrid. You can call (or have the albergue call) a taxi in Sahagun, I'm guessing the fare would be under 15 euros.

From Sahagun there are five trains a day on RENFE's website. The bus company, alsa.es, shows two buses a day from Sahagun to Madrid. One at noon, one at 5 pm, both take about 4 hours. I don't know if you're heading straight to the airport or where your final destination is, but public transportation in Madrid is easy to navigate. Let us know.

Buen camino, Laurie
Laurie, thank you for the prompt response which is most helpful . I will now end this years Camino in Sahagun which will give me more options. I intend to spend two nights in Madrid before returning to Ireland. Thanks again, tom

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Tom, walk another couple of km. from Terradillos and you can stay with us at The Peaceable. We can get you to SahagĂşn for the morning train, you will be in Madrid just after noon.

Rebekah, thank you, I have just picked up your response on my iPhone. I will take up your offer of accommodation in The Peaceable. Will be in contact when I get on my laptop. Looking forward to my 2013 Camino, thanks again, TomTom

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Rebekah, thank you, I have just picked up your response on my iPhone. I will take up your offer of accommodation in The Peaceable. Will be in contact when I get on my laptop. Looking forward to my 2013 Camino, thanks again, TomTom
Rebekah, I had intended to walk as far as Terradillos on Thursday 1 0th Oct...all going well! I will now walk to Moratinos and stay at The Peaceable, I just hope that I will not prevent a larger group staying with you that night as I note that there is other accom. available in the village. Again, thank you for advice and help and look forward to staying with you prior to my journey to Madrid. Moratinos will be my starting point in 2014. Tom

Tom, walk another couple of km. from Terradillos and you can stay with us at The Peaceable. We can get you to SahagĂşn for the morning train, you will be in Madrid just after noon.
Rebekah, I just received news last night that I have to put back my Camino 2013 by one week due to work commitments. I have just changed my flight and hotel bookings and your invitation to stay in The Peaceable is outstanding now. Would it be possible to stay exactly one week later which would be the 17th October instead? I look forward to hearing from you and please accept my apologies, Tom

Back