• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get your certificate on ACoruña Camino Ingles Route?

EdnaD

Time of past OR future Camino
Planned Ferrolano to Santiago 1 August 2022
Hello. My daughter and I are first time Camino pilgrims and would like to achieve the 100kms required for the certificate. Any suggestions for how we can safely adjust our route : A Coruña - Bruma - Sigüeiro - Santiago to include at least an additional 27km. Thanks for your suggestions in advance. Hope to complete many routes in the coming years. Tomorrow we start our pilgrimage. Edna

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you’re starting tomorrow you may have left it a little late. My understanding is that doing the distance in your home country with a couple of sellos (local post offices?) would be sufficient.

If you’ve not booked your accomodation you might take the frequent bus from Coruña to Ferrol and start from there?

Hello. My daughter and I are first time Camino pilgrims and would like to achieve the 100kms required for the certificate. Any suggestions for how we can safely adjust our route : A Coruña - Bruma - Sigüeiro - Santiago to include at least an additional 27km. Thanks for your suggestions in advance. Hope to complete many routes in the coming years. Tomorrow we start our pilgrimage. Edna
Can you not swap your start over to Ferrol? That way you'll definitely qualify otherwise . . . .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Any suggestions for how we can safely adjust our route : A Coruña - Bruma - Sigüeiro - Santiago to include at least an additional 27km.
I don't think it is acceptable to simply "adjust" your route to include extra km. You need to start at a point - e.g. Ferrol - that will then give you at least 100 km on a recognized route. The person at the Pilgrim Office will look up your starting point on a list of such routes, and see the official distance.

In your circumstances you'll need to walk from Ferrol. As others have said, Ferrol is an easy bus or train ride https://www.rome2rio.com/map/A-Coruña/Ferrol from A Coruna.

The Pilgrim Office's rule that you must have walked "at least 100km to Santiago" and "on a recognized route" excludes the possibility of requesting a Compostella if you have walked only from A Coruna even if you wobble about a bit on your way.

If you’re starting tomorrow you may have left it a little late. My understanding is that doing the distance in your home country with a couple of sellos (local post offices?) would be sufficient.

If you’ve not booked your accomodation you might take the frequent bus from Coruña to Ferrol and start from there?
Thanks for reply; I’m from South Africa, and took a flight from Madrid to Caruna. Initial plan was to start from Ferrol. We’ll take the bus to Ferrol tomorrow morning! Thanks for your help.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for reply; I’m from South Africa, and took a flight from Madrid to Caruna. Initial plan was to start from Ferrol. We’ll take the bus to Ferrol tomorrow morning! Thanks for your help.
Good choice - Buen Camino, it's a lovely walk.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Happy that your have switched to Ferrol-Santiago. A much better bet and you get to visit the lovely towns of Pontedeurme and Betanzos. As you are nearing the end of your stage into Hospital de Bruma be sure to stop at Cafe Avelina and ask to see the little church.

Happy that your have switched to Ferrol-Santiago. A much better bet and you get to visit the lovely towns of Pontedeurme and Betanzos. As you are nearing the end of your stage into Hospital de Bruma be sure to stop at Cafe Avelina and ask to see the little church.
‘We had a wonderful first day. Early rise; train to Ferrol, so pleased we decided Ferrol-Santiago. Making a note of Cafe Avelina, thanks. Buen Camino,,,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A little late for the op, but the short video I reference is of the Celtic Camino from Bray to St James' Church in Dublin. This is around 30/32 km and merits a certificate issued by the Camino Society Ireland that is recognised by the Pilgrim office in Santiago, in concert with the Ingles from A Corunna. As a matter of fact, next Saturday, the Society has organised a walk. Registration essential, and numbers are limited. However, a search for the website will bring up a detailed guide for anyone wishing to do the walk in your own time. The website gives opening times for the welcome centre in the Church in James' Street.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back