A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

How to post question/comment on the forum

C

Camino Chris

I´m still stumbling and tripping along :eek: , and occasionally I find my way. Hang in there, this is a fun and nice place to explore :).
Glad to hear I have some good company as I "stumble and trip along"! Will I ever become a pro at navigating the nooks and crannies of this website? I highly doubt it!

Advertisment

Mavitut

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles (2017)
[Updated January 8th 2015]

This question comes up once in a while, so here we go:

Step 0) Sign up (free) and log in.

Step 1)
Go to the forum homepage:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

Step 2) Scroll down and find the section where your question /comment belongs. (If it about the "Camino Frances" in that section, if it is about Equipment then in that section)

Step 3) Click the section in which your question /comment belongs

Step 4) Find the "Start a New Thread" button and click it.
(It is blue and located on the right side, almost at the top.
View attachment 15603

Step 5) Write your question/comment and then click the "Create Thread" button to post it on the forum.

Buen Camino!!
Ivar
Not sure how to contact you re apps. What is up with Camino places. It won't rotate in iPad. And logins don't work. Copied login from Camino Forum (so I knew it was correct) but no joy. Is this app dead?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Portugues 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Not sure how to contact you re apps. What is up with Camino places. It won't rotate in iPad. And logins don't work. Copied login from Camino Forum (so I knew it was correct) but no joy. Is this app dead?
The best person to help with problems regarding the Camino Places App would be @ivar ;-) Buen Camino, SY

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi there,

Yes, the Camino Places App is not working anymore... and I need to figure out if I should invest more time and money in getting it up and running again. With the new baby and everything else that is going on, I will not make any decision on this right now... but you can still use the Camino Places website:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-places/

Sorry! :)
Ivar

barb77

Camino(s) past & future
Chemin St,, Jacques(2010,2011,2013) Camino Santiago, partial(2015) Camino Portuguese(2017)

Step 1)
Go to the forum homepage:

Step 2) Scroll down and find the section where your question /comment belongs. (If it about the "Camino Frances" in that section, if it is about Equipment then in that section)

View attachment 15603

Step 5) Write your question/comment and then click the "Create Thread" button to post it on the forum.

Buen Camino!!
Ivar
How do I include a "what is this photo" from the Chemin St. Jacque and where the best location theme wise to post it?

Advertisment

rosbir

Camino(s) past & future
Jun/Jul (2018)

Step 1) Go to the forum homepage:

View attachment 15603

Buen Camino!!
Ivar
Hi Ivar, many thanks for the info, rosbir.

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Why is it that every time I open a post under 'New Posts,' read it, and then close it, the thread disappears from New Posts. Then I have to wait and hope that someone adds another post so that the thread reappears again. Is it because the post - and the thread - after it's been read, gets shunted to somewhere else, and if so, how do I find it again? Thank you.

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
The first few:
2012 ~ 2018
Why is it that every time I open a post under 'New Posts,' read it, and then close it, the thread disappears from New Posts. Then I have to wait and hope that someone adds another post so that the thread reappears again. Is it because the post - and the thread - after it's been read, gets shunted to somewhere else, and if so, how do I find it again? Thank you.
After you click on "new posts", at the top of the list of threads there is a filter "Show Only: Unread" Click that filter off and you'll see all the posts, including the ones you've already read. You have to turn it off every time though - there doesn't seem to be a way to turn the filter off permanently.

David Tallan

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Oporto (2018 - planned)
I expect that's because after you've read it the software no longer considers it "new" for you until someone adds to it again. I don't have that problem, but I'm not reading under "New Posts". I read the forums I'm interested in and can see all of the threads. Those that have new posts are bolded and those that don't aren't.

If you don't only want to see threads with new posts, "New Posts" is probably not the best way to read the forums.

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
The first few:
2012 ~ 2018
The New Posts option is great if (like me :)) you're interested in a current overview of the whole forum. I'm always considering what my next route will be and it's a good way to get insight as to what's currently happening along all routes of the camino.

Last edited:

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
If you don't only want to see threads with new posts, "New Posts" is probably not the best way to read the forums.
:D:D:D Now, why didn't I think of that!

Thank you all for your responses. I will take them all into consideration and do some experimenting. There are obviously a few areas that need improvement. :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June