• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to share content on Zoom

peregrina2000

Staff member
I was lucky that @C clearly was able to share some photos on our recent Mozárabe zooms, but I will be doing the Invierno zooms without her and could use some help.

I have watched Zoom’s little video but it doesn’t get me very far.

What I would like to do is have some pictures that I could pop in one at a time and then go back to the conversation. I don’t want to leave the shared photos up for too long because we can’t see all the faces of the participants when the shared content is up.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I could cull some Invierno photos from my phone (or ipad) and then get them into some format where I could access them off and on during this Invierno zoom?

My regular-tech-helpers may have been missing my continual questions about my gps, so this will give them new avenues to educate me. ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My regular-tech-helpers may have been missing my continual questions about my gps, so this will give them new avenues to educate me. ;)
Send me a PM with a pointer to your thread if you don't get GPS help from the forum.

I don't have a Zoom account so I haven't tried this but I think it should work on a laptop. Create a bunch of tabs in a browser with each one displaying a photo. Pick a tab and then have Zoom show it for a bit and then not. Move to the next tab to be ready to show it quickly when needed.

Something like this should work with a slideshow program/app but it will be more trouble because you will have to advance through the pictures you don't want to show while Zoom is going on. With the browser you can get each picture ready before the session begins.

Drop your photos in a Powerpoint Slide Show (one photo per slide).
Open the slideshow on your laptop before starting the Zoom chat.
Click 'share screen' and the viewers will see the Powerpoint.

You can toggle 'share screen' on and off during the Zoom call.

Hope that helps!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Drop your photos in a Powerpoint Slide Show (one photo per slide).
Open the slideshow on your laptop before starting the Zoom chat.
Click 'share screen' and the viewers will see the Powerpoint.

You can toggle 'share screen' on and off during the Zoom call.

Hope that helps!
You lost me at "drop your photos in a powerpoint slide show." :eek:

But here is one additional complication with what you say, perhaps. My photos are on my ipad, not on my computer. So can I create a pp slide show on the ipad? I prefer to do Zooms on my ipad, but I suppose I could try to figure out how to send some pictures to my computer and then make a pp? But if this is too complicated, I´ll just leave out the pictures.

I started typing out some stuff to assist and it was getting a bit complicated.

I can do a Zoom call with you to help with figuring out everything. 😀

Or I can host the photos and share my laptop screen during the Invierno chat. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My photos are on my ipad
On the iPad, to share a photo in Zoom:
  1. Tap on Share Content
  2. Tap on Photos
  3. Tap on the photo you want to share
  4. Tap on Done
  5. To end sharing the photo, tap on Stop Share
You can select more than one photo at a time. Tap the small circle on the top right of a photo. A number (1, 2, 3, etc) will appear in the small circle. Tap Done to finish the selection. While sharing, swipe from one photo to the next.

I would create an album called Invierno photos for Zoom and assign the photos you want to share to it. Then: Share Content (green icon in top bar) -> Photos (in drop down menu) -> Photos (at the top on the left) -> Invierno photos for Zoom (in drop down menu). This is quick and easy and avoids searching a photo in the whole photo collection.

On an iPad, I‘d prefer this method to the screen sharing method (the first option in the drop down menu for content sharing). It also has the advantage that you see the shared photo and yourself and the participants at the same time, something you don't get in the general screen sharing mode.

I've tested this with three participants while hosting the meeting on my iPad.

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, I mentioned using a browser, not because it is the best way to show the pictures, but because
1) all the systems and platforms have at least one on them
2) all work pretty much alike
3) everyone has used them
4) and all that keeps the instructions simple.

Just so everyone knows, I mentioned using a browser, not because it is the best way to show the pictures, but because
1) all the systems and platforms have at least one on them
2) all work pretty much alike
3) everyone has used them
4) and all that keeps the instructions simple.
I thought your suggestion was a very original idea 😊. However, and imho, using a browser or using Keynote which is the iPad's equivalent of Powerpoint are cumbersome methods for sharing photos in a Zoom meeting on an iPad. Unlike versions of Zoom for other devices, the iPad Zoom app has a specific option for Photos sharing. It is in addition to the option for general screen sharing that all Zoom versions have.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was lucky that @C clearly was able to share some photos on our recent Mozárabe zooms,
Btw @C clearly. Loved those pics of yours That one of the castle at (Hueneja?) with almonds in bloom .. wow and the gorgeous bed of wild spring flowers with pilgrims resting .. wow. Exactly where ?
As mentioned in post above / it would be nice to toggle over to the map pic (great map too) and have the mouse floating around the area being discussed. I missed a couple of comments (rather ., my ears did 😂) but I was too embarrassed to interrupt and ask again ..

@peregrina2000 you are such a champion !
Putting 100% effort into this to give us info.
Thankyou

Unlike versions of Zoom for other devices, the iPad Zoom app has a specific option for Photos sharing. It is in addition to the option for general screen sharing that all Zoom versions have.
General screen sharing method on iPad if you want to share photos.
  • In the Zoom app: Tap Share Content. Tap Screen. Tap Start Broadcast. Wait for countdown 3-2-1 until Screen Broadcast is active and the red button is pulsing. Switch to Photos app.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For more convenience: Create an album in the Photos app that is installed on every iPad, every iPhone and every MacOS. Assign all the photos you wish to share in the Zoom meeting to the album. Open the album and tap on Slideshow.

Using Slideshow in the Photos app is equivalent to selecting the photos, exporting them, sending them to another computer, importing them into Powerpoint, and running Powerpoint.

Last edited:
Well, I got frustrated yesterday and decided that I could put six different pictures in my virtual background and just step away from the screen when I wanted to show them. But I will spend some more time today with some of these other very helpful suggestions. But at least there will be a few pictures in the Invierno Zooms! And others of course can bring their own as well.

Thank you for asking how to, Laurie! I tried watching YouTube videos to learn more and I got so lost, I think I fell into a ravine.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I tried watching YouTube videos to learn more and I got so lost, I think I fell into a ravine.
I looked for a suitable YouTube video for what is explained earlier in message #7, namely the easiest way to share a single photo in a Zoom meeting on an iPad or iPhone which is basically this: tap here, tap here, tap on the photo, tap here.

My search on YouTube was hopeless and I gave up in frustration. They waffle on and on before they come to the point. They try to explain everything instead of just that one thing. Or give shortened advice for all situations. Or for all devices. Or: "And, look, now you share the screen of your iPad" and all you see are all the pretty icons of all your apps and that's were their explanation ends. Sharing your (home) screen is NOT the purpose of screen sharing, actually. 😂

I am sooo tempted to produce my first "How to" YouTube video. :cool:

Last edited:
On the iPad, to share a photo in Zoom:
  1. Tap on Share Content
  2. Tap on Photos
  3. Tap on the photo you want to share
  4. Tap on Done
  5. To end sharing the photo, tap on Stop Share
You can select more than one photo at a time. Tap the small circle on the top right of a photo. A number (1, 2, 3, etc) will appear in the small circle. Tap Done to finish the selection. While sharing, swipe from one photo to the next.

I would create an album called Invierno photos for Zoom and assign the photos you want to share to it. Then: Share Content (green icon in top bar) -> Photos (in drop down menu) -> Photos (at the top on the left) -> Invierno photos for Zoom (in drop down menu). This is quick and easy and avoids searching a photo in the whole photo collection.

On an iPad, I‘d prefer this method to the screen sharing method (the first option in the drop down menu for content sharing). It also has the advantage that you see the shared photo and yourself and the participants at the same time, something you don't get in the general screen sharing mode.

I've tested this with three participants while hosting the meeting on my iPad.

I have to give @Kathar1na a huge virtual hug of thanks for this idea. It was oh so easy, in large part because it just built on features I already knew and understood. I was able to transfer photos from my camera roll as well as photos from my google archive (formerly Picasa). It was great, and I have successfully tried it on a zoom, so I am confident it works! Looking forward to next week’s Invierno zooms. Now I have to remember not to act like the proverbial child in a candy store by posting hundreds of pictures. :p

And just to add one note of caution, at least for people like me. I thought I was really smart to be able to transfer some pictures from the old picasa archive on google to my phone, and then put them into my album for use during the Invierno Zoom meeting. But then I decided I didn’t need the pictures in my phone’s camera roll since I had them in my special Invierno album and I deleted them. Over the last few hours, as I’ve gone back and forth between doing other things and working on this, I kept finding that pictures I thought I had put into the album were not there.

I guess it is a sign of great progress that I was able to figure out that when I deleted the pictures from my camera roll on my phone, they also got deleted from the album I created. Now that I have put my favorite chestnut tree picture into that album about four times, I am finally confident that it will stay there! Note to self — any Invierno picture for the zoom meeting must stay on your phone’s camera roll till the end of the meeting, or it will disappear from the album.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.