• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to travel from San Sebastian to St. Jean?

kat96

Hi,

First time doing the camino and starting to try and plan the logistics!
Can anyone advise the best route to get from San sebastian to st jean? I think it might be possible to do it in the train. But I have been unable to find what trains and the timetables...
Thanks in advance!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
San Sebastian to Irun:

00310 TRENHOTEL 06.36 06.59 23 min.
16001 MD 11.11 11.36 25 min.
04087 ALVIA 13.20 13.45 25 min.
18061 INTERCITY 16.01 16.25 24 min.
18063 INTERCITY 20.47 21.07 20 min.
00530 ALVIA 21.11 21.33 22 min.
04167 ALVIA 21.28 21.49 21 min.

Then bus or train Hendaye to Bayonne; then train to SJPdP.

Hendaye to Bayonne
06h59 07h28 07h43 08h45 09h34 12h15
A partir de 7.30 € 7.30 € 6.80 € 7.30 € 6.80 € 7.30 €
Durée 00h35 Direct 00h35 Direct 00h40 Direct 00h35 Direct 00h39 Direct 00h35 Direct

We too, are first time pilgrims and plan to try to fly into San Sebastian and then travel to St Jean in late March 2013. What web site would give us access to the train schedules on the Spanish side and the French side? Does one change trains at the Border when going from San Sebastian to Bayonne? We would also like to mail ourselves a package for when we arrive in Santiago, Is the Post office in San Sebastian close to the airport or train station? An other advice for us regarding getting from San Sebastian to St Jean? Is it doable in one day? Thanks in advance

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Indianasam said:
We too, are first time pilgrims and plan to try to fly into San Sebastian and then travel to St Jean in late March 2013. What web site would give us access to the train schedules on the Spanish side and the French side? Does one change trains at the Border when going from San Sebastian to Bayonne? We would also like to mail ourselves a package for when we arrive in Santiago, Is the Post office in San Sebastian close to the airport or train station? An other advice for us regarding getting from San Sebastian to St Jean? Is it doable in one day? Thanks in advance

Indianasam,

From San Sebastian in Spain you can take a small Eusko train to the Hendaye gare in France. See these web sites for more info >> http://www.hendaye-tourisme.fr/fr/page/eusko-tren-topo and >>http://www.euskotren.es/es/presentacioneuskotren. From Hendaye you take the local line 61 TER train to Bayonne and then another line 62 TER train to SJPdP. Google TER Acquitaine for more information. These connections are definitely possible in one day. However the schedules that you may find now are NOT NECESSARILY the same schedules fo next spring. For the post office Google San Sebastian correos and a marked map should appear showing them

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back