• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to upload pictures from my iphone to the forum

peregrina2000

Staff member
As someone for whom every little change in technology is a real challenge, I'm now dealing with the aftermath of having left my camera at home this year and taken all my pictures with my phone. I know how to get the pictures from my camera to my computer to the forum, but I can't figure out how to do the same thing with my phone. I have plugged my phone into the computer and find that it takes all my pictures and puts them on google plus, which I hate and can't figure out. I would like to get them into my pictures folder on my computer, but that it way beyond my pay grade.

Can anyone help?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Laurie - also a bit of a tech luddite - so first question - what type of phone - apple/nokia; what type of computer - apple-Mac/Windows? If you have all Apple/Mac/iPhone it should be very straight forward - the system does it (via iTunes I think). If you have a Windows computer (like I have) again via iTunes the system just downloads the pictures (into the Picture folders). I have had problems with the iPad but I am told there should be a link again via iTunes.
(Now I am perfectly happy for any techie to correct me - its just that this is what I know/understand/used). Cheers

Hi Laurie
Apple Support has a great page of information that contains all you need to know about transferring photos for all combinations of computers.

Take a look and if you're still having problems providing the info as per @Saint Mike II post above would help.

Good luck!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @peregrina2000 - I'll preface this by mentioning I use an iPhone/Macbook Pro laptop/ipad combo. If you use any Mac computer this will work. If you use a PC computer it will be a different process.

For my importing from my iphone to all devices: In my iPhone settings I select: 'Settings > icloud > photos' and then insure I have 'icloud photo library' turned on. This will upload all photos I take with my iphone to my 'Photos' app on my laptop and in my online account at iCloud.com/photos. Apple does make things a little convoluted with the 'Photos' app to actually get to your photos but if you just right click on the 'Photos' app in a Finder window you can choose 'Show Package Contents > Masters' and that will show all the photos in Finder. You can use the photos then to post on the forum or however else you'd like to use them. Hope this helps!

As someone for whom every little change in technology is a real challenge, I'm now dealing with the aftermath of having left my camera at home this year and taken all my pictures with my phone. I know how to get the pictures from my camera to my computer to the forum, but I can't figure out how to do the same thing with my phone. I have plugged my phone into the computer and find that it takes all my pictures and puts them on google plus, which I hate and can't figure out. I would like to get them into my pictures folder on my computer, but that it way beyond my pay grade.

Can anyone help?
Hi, Laurie,

I took photos with my old Canon but also with my Android phone. I opened Dropbox account (no fee for 2Gb) and set it to upload photos from phone to Dropbox only when in WiFi zone. When I returned home all of my phone photos were in the cloud already. All I had to do is download them to my computer.

Wish you stressless learning :D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.