• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How too edit the videos into a story?

aname4me

aname4me
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, (2021)
OK..... I leave mid-Sept for my second Camino Frances.
I bought a new camera.
I want to take some (many) videos....

Question?

What should I use to edit the videos into a story.
(Something to cut out the crap I shouldn't have shot.)

Free download would be nice, but...

Spending a few $ for a useful program is acceptable.

What are the suggestions?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
OK..... I leave mid-Sept for my second Camino Frances.
I bought a new camera.
I want to take some (many) videos....
Question?
What should I use to edit the videos into a story.
(Something to cut out the crap I shouldn't have shot.)
Free download would be nice, but...
Spending a few $ for a useful program is acceptable.
What are the suggestions?
Depends what camera/system you use, most nowadays have editing. RTFM (Read The ***ing Manual :D)
If (presumably-) you have a computer back home, don't bother to edit on the way; keep the uncut material on memory cards or send it to a cloud and edit everything after returning. More fun and much easier on a computer.

If you have a Mac - iMovie comes free (did on mine anyway).
I'm not sure how it compares with other software, but I use it to make slideshows. It works.

Regards,
Biff

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Depends what camera/system you use, most nowadays have editing. RTFM (Read The ***ing Manual :D)

I will be taking two: a Sony Compact Camera and a Nokia Phone (with a very nice camera).
Sony comes with a program called – PlayMemories
It seems a bit - limited
or may be that is pronounced - simple to use
1zgu5ao.png

Will this be enough of a program?

If you have a Mac - iMovie comes free (did on mine anyway).
I'm not sure how it compares with other software, but I use it to make slideshows. It works.
Regards,
Biff
I will be taking two: a Sony Compact Camera and a Nokia Phone (with a very nice camera).
Sony comes with a program called – PlayMemories, It seems a bit - limited or may be that is pronounced - simple to use
Will this be enough of a program?

Agree with Biff, iPhone > Mac with iMovie in combination with iCloud for 'on the way storage' works best for me too. Everything works and interacts together perfectly.

To aname4me: 'simple to use' is what its supposed to be, can't expect much more in a tiny camera. But why do you take along two devices (Sony AND Nokia) plus their respective power-adapters, dead extra weight if you ask me. Before leaving, I tested out my Nikon (Coolpix F300) vs my iPhone 5 (later 6) and neither gave any noticeable difference, so I left the extra weight (the Nikon) at home.
(Check it out on www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ftly0e4b4, the sharpness of my original suffered because of the youtube compression, though)
Instead, you might want to consider a tiny tripod such as http://www.kenu.com/products/stance weighing next to nothing but improving your videos by several factors.
Keep your camino light and simple....and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
PANO..... Thanks for the reply

I took my Nokia 808 phone on my 2013 Camino.
Took great, clear pictures as it has a 41megapixel camera (plus it's a phone with WiFi and GPS) , but sadly it has no zoom or fancy camera features.
My new Sony HX50V Camera is very light and has a 30X zoom lens. I am looking forward to playing with it next month, on our second Camino.
It is also mountable (is that a word?) on a StickPic (see.. thestickpic.com) for those Selfie Videos.
Both of these electronic toys use the same USB Micro (end) charger.

As for a tripod, I have a very small (4”), cheap, aluminum traditional tripod. I use a thick elastic-band around the base of all the legs, and slide it onto the tip of my upsides-down trekking pole. Works great.

So my question is.... What have other people use to make their videos (in Windows).
I am hoping to play with the Software before I leave, to learn how to take videos in the best way.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
A recommendation from our experience. Ignore whatever audio you get from your camera. I probably won't be what you want in the end to tell the story. Mute the audio once you get home and dub in a soundtrack. You can use the exact words you used on the actual video if you wish but the sound will be far superior. When shooting your video on Camino focus on the visual - you can annotate later.

BTW,

The software we used was FINAL CUT PRO - an apple product. I hope that helps.
If your interested, navigate to

The camera we used was the Sony DSC RX100M2. The pictures were fantastic and the camera lightweight. The video was acceptable. Unless you have weight to spare, or your camera has no image stablization I'd leave the tripod at home.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You could also have a look at this wiki and maybe this wiki, and maybe try out some of the software listed. It's FREE!!

Regards,
Biff

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back