• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How up to date is Camino Ninja app

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
I am almost positive that the Camino Ninja is active on the forum and if I could find him in Members I would of just sent a PM. I was checking on open albergues on the VDLP with a friend this morning. The first few days out of Sevilla the Camino Ninja app had red dots, which (I am pretty sure means the albergue is closed) on a few places that Gronze.Com shows as open. I know Gronze does a wonderful job of trying to keep up to date on opening/closing. Is Camino Ninja as or more up to date than Gronze? Can anyone answer this question?
I probably will not know until I start walking next week. At the moment I will default to Gronze. I have made a few reservations already to be safe. I will also always call ahead to double check.
I have never used the Camino Ninja app but it sure looks good and is a welcome addition. Just want to know which is more accurate in these times of Covid. Thanks
I am sending the Ninja an Email regarding this. If i get an answer I will post and let you all know.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just heard back from the Camino Ninja regarding my question of how up to date the app was on Albergue open/closed.
Here is his quick response. Thank you Camino Ninja.

I only keep track of open and closed albergues on Camino Francés and the Portuguese caminos this year.

Via de la Plata is a bit difficult. A volunteer in one of the albergues is working against the updates. He believes the albergues will inform you during the way. They might if you speak Spanish. But I know non Spanish speaking pilgrims don’t get any information sometimes. Just insist on getting information on the upcoming albergues when you check in.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just heard back from the Camino Ninja regarding my question of how up to date the app was on Albergue open/closed.
Here is his quick response. Thank you Camino Ninja.

I only keep track of open and closed albergues on Camino Francés and the Portuguese caminos this year.

Via de la Plata is a bit difficult. A volunteer in one of the albergues is working against the updates. He believes the albergues will inform you during the way. They might if you speak Spanish. But I know non Spanish speaking pilgrims don’t get any information sometimes. Just insist on getting information on the upcoming albergues when you check in.

I have the Wise Pilgrim app. It is nice that it has info on which places are open all year, as well as season opening times for all other.

However, this year is unprecedented, so I would call ahead each afternoon for the next day no matter what.

My Spanish school time in Alicante a few years ago is paying me back all the time... :cool:

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.