Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Hoy ha llegado a Santiago, Robert, desde Leipzig. 3379 Km. Today he has arrived in Santiago, Robert, from Leipzig

gmag

Year of past OR future Camino
frances 1998, 2000, 2013
Robert, from Germany, was in our albergue days ago (3 dec.).
I just received this email, and I like to share it with other pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago.
His sympathy, his strength and his intelligence have given life to our hostel, and others, for a few hours.
El Camino still exists, survives and will be reborn as before, or better.

Almost 4000 km... In this period of darkness, it gives light to the Camino

20201220_114435.jpg
20201216_143309.jpg .

Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
“It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” Rumi
Thank you for sharing Roberts e-mail.
Congratulations to Robert for completing his long walk. It must have been a very hard walk but also very rewarding to reach Santiago.
Is Robert a member of the Forum, it would be great to hear his thoughts about his trip.

gmag

frances 1998, 2000, 2013
Thank you for sharing Roberts e-mail.
Congratulations to Robert for completing his long walk. It must have been a very hard walk but also very rewarding to reach Santiago.
Is Robert a member of the Forum, it would be great to hear his thoughts about his trip.

I think he is not a member yet.

Anhalter

2019 CF
In case he stumbles upon this thread:
Meine herzlichsten Glückwünsche für diese herausragende Leistung!

Seriously, that's a huuuuge achievement. Especially in crazy times like these.
I live around 100km from where he started and dream about doing the way from my doorstep one day, but thats gonna have to be a couple of years in the future.

Congrats again!

CF Sep/Oct 2015
C Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Sep/Oct 2017
VdlP, Muxia 2018
Robert, from Germany, was in our albergue days ago (3 dec.).
I just received this email, and I like to share it with other pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago.
His sympathy, his strength and his intelligence have given life to our hostel, and others, for a few hours.
El Camino still exists, survives and will be reborn as before, or better.

Almost 4000 km... In this period of darkness, it gives light to the Camino

View attachment 89658
View attachment 89657 .
Such a massive achievement. Congratulations to Robert. Giving hope for our future. So few can do this in these difficult times. There must be a very special story here. Please tell us about it sometime. Feliz Navidad Robert 😊

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

TrvlDad1

Covidyard Bob
2017 Frances from Saria
2018 Finnisterre & Ingles
2019 Portuguese from Valenca
2020 Assisi(cancel.)
Congratulations! About 2100 miles in 136 days (assuming no rest days). Quite an achievement.

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 59 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 206 15.1%
  • May