• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Huesca albergue will be open next month

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
diariodelaltoaragon.es

With the opening of this shelter for walkers, completes a network of shelters in the county, located in Pertusa, Pueyo de Fañanás, Sarsa, Bolea and Ena. So far, in Huesca, pilgrims resorted to hostels in the city center and those who had more money in the backpack hostels like the Pedro I. Only in the latter place, according to data available to the association, last year there were 70 pilgrims.
In the past three years, the association has registered more than 5,000 pilgrims through the city. A figure that will rise to this new place to stay for free. Above all, be a place to stop people who made the French way. He said Aznar, is "supermasificado" and believes that many people will this stage of Huesca. "It makes many people, Aznar says," especially cyclists in summer. "
Centuries ago, Huesca occupied an important place in the Pilgrim's Way that comes from Catalonia. Between the eleventh and eighteenth centuries, the city had more than 20 hospitals for pilgrims.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is a route where the facilities are still in development and I was pleased to learn that Julio Aznar and the local group have got an albergue going. They are enthusiastic and have done splendid work on improving the signing of yellow arrows along the route and, unlike 2007, I did not get lost more than once in 2009. This is a tremendously scenic and historic route, although challenging, and is a jewel for the pilgrim who doesn't mind a bit of solitude and who has enough Spanish to manage.

It is important for information on the albergues to be posted on the web or otherwise made easily available-- neither the web, the Aragonese tourism office nor anybody at all, gave information in 2009 about albergues in Pertusa or Pueyo de Fañanás--indeed, it wasn't clear if there was any accommodation at all. As far as I know, everyone believes that the albergue in Ena has been closed for several years.

As well, perhaps they will do something about the loutish young priest at the Cathedral in Huesca who told me to buzz off.

Hola, Amigos Peregrinos y Hospitaleros... Este año pretendo caminar a partir del 13/14 de octubre y quiero iniciar en Huesca, subir hasta Sta. Cilia y el Monasterio retomar el Francés, fotografiar Unate, llegar a Burgos y desde allí hacer el Camino del Cid, saltar hasta Oviedo y bajar por el Primitivo, Santiago, Muxía y Fisterre... ojalá y el tiempo no se nos ponga en contra, iremos preparados para lluvia y heladas... si alguien tiene sugerencias, serán bienvenidas...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Can anyone clarify which camino this is? Is it the Cami Catalan from Montserrat? I can't figure out how it would be part of the Camino Aragones unless there is a prolongation that avoids the merge with the Frances in Pamplona. Thanks, Laurie

And to translate Marco antonio's post
Hello pilgrim and hospitalero friends. This year I want to start to walk from Huesca on October 13 or 14, go up to Santa Cilia and the Monastery and then get bak on the Frances, take pictures of Eunate, arrive in Burgos, and from there take the Camino del Cid. Then I will jump up to Oviedo and go on the Primitivo to Santiago and then Muxia and Fisterra. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, we will go prepared for rain and freezing temps. If anyone has suggestions, they would be welcome.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back