A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Humor in times of Covid-19 (round 2)

2020 Camino Guides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I add this for no other reason than it brought a smile to my face.....

Adorable! I smiled too! 😃
I did notice however, that the toddler's diapers appear to be filled to the "brim"...possibly there is the same shortage going on as with toilet paper.😛

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
After 1 month of quarantine, and counting...

Post quarantine.jpg

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
I met a lady in the grocery store today who was gleefully shopping. Seriously, she was grinning from ear to ear and nearly dancing in the aisles.

... She had to leave the kids at home.

Camino(s) past & future
CF July 2018
VDLP April 2019
I wake from this awful dream that the planet is on lockdown and so I crank up some Spanish radio on the iPad while making a (Bad) cafe solo, as the coffee beans perculate I am reminded that I don’t understand 99% of this beautiful language but it takes me back to each morning on camino. I miss the yellow arrows and the storks and taking wrong turns in big cities. I close my eyes, listen to the birds chirp and picture the sun begin to rise in a big, blue Spanish sky and if I really think hard enough I can even feel the ache in my left shoulder from carrying too much stuff in my backpack (next time I’m definitely packing less). Oh how I miss those nights where you manage 3 hours sleep in a creaky top bunk interrupted by snoring, bag rustling and toilet doors slamming and you promise your bladder you won’t drink too much vino tinto again so you can sleep without needing to use the bathroom every two hours. Stay safe everyone. BC 🙏☀

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Quarantine diaries: She will never stop talking/shouting at me, no matter what...

Never stops talking.png

Last edited:

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
in Planning stage: Frances (SJPdP --> SdC) & Finisterre "2021" ... (GOD WILLING!)
A month ago your cat was outside prowling around at night...not self isolated indoors reading books...not the same! 😆
Heavens to Betsy! Letting me cat outside? 🤯
What are you thinking?
There are HUMANS out there....

No, seriously, both of them are inside kitties and need not to prowl.
4 squares a day and some snacks as well
Don't even have to work 😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Heavens to Betsy! Letting me cat outside? 🤯
What are you thinking?
There are HUMANS out there....

No, seriously, both of them are inside kitties and need not to prowl.
4 squares a day and some snacks as well
Don't even have to work 😁
When I was a girl, my cat, Tinker, went out every night prowling. He sometimes was gone for several days and came home with battered ears from fighting. His was the life of "the young and restless".😆

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
in Planning stage: Frances (SJPdP --> SdC) & Finisterre "2021" ... (GOD WILLING!)
I'm "Sybil"...a little of this and a little of that.
UH....
if a little of this and a little of that....there is no Sybil
Choices (as presented) are:
Seakeet, Seatoo, Seaburra, Seampie, Seabowird, Seafairren & Seapoowl​

Sorry but @C clearly didn't make the list :rolleyes: :D

Jill81

Camino(s) past & future
Frances ’14,’19
Portuguese ‘15
Via Francigena ’16
Kumano Kodo, Japan 2017
VdlP 2018 to be cont’d
Isolation is clearly essential in limiting the reach of COVID-19, and slowing the rate of infection. Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down. Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad.

I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing.

The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over. The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ... yes, you guessed it ... pull myself together.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
My recliner has recently been nagging me. After nearly three weeks of isolation and me just sitting watching youtube travel videos, it keeps telling me to get up off my butt and do something.

Last edited:

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Isolation is clearly essential in limiting the reach of COVID-19, and slowing the rate of infection. Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down. Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad.

I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing.

The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over. The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ... yes, you guessed it ... pull myself together.
And my hairbrush is telling me to comb down... Or...
Well, I tried :( ...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
With so much time on my hands decided to start Spanish, French and Italian.
Now the wine rack is empty.

Twelve weeks arewethereyetarewetherearewethereyetarewethereyet?
And breath.
Twelve weeks, thirteen, fourteen...will we ever get there, and where are we going?
I never realized a "box" of wine could come in so handy as in self isolation...4 in 1. 😉

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Postponed (2020)
This is a segue from "Where did you walk locally". I was in a small churchyard in a village called Winchelsea. Buried there is a Anglo/Irish comedian who has the following inscription on this tombstone. "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite "
2020-04-11 11.37.05.jpg

A rough translation from the [Irish] Gaeilge is "I told you I was ill"

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
This is a segue from "Where did you walk locally". I was in a small churchyard in a village called Winchelsea. Buried there is a Anglo/Irish comedian who has the following inscription on this tombstone. "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite "
View attachment 72985

A rough translation from the [Irish] Gaeilge is "I told you I was ill"
Spike Milligan would have appreciated this current tragi-comedy more than most. His understanding of human frailty and the capricious fates, loneliness, desperation and joy were catholic and profound:
“I must go down to the beach again
To the lonely sea and the sky.
I left my shoes and socks there.
I wonder if they’re dry.”

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A few puns sent to me by a friend...

*Pilot announcement to passengers on the aircraft: "This is your pilot speaking. I'm working from home today."

*Now would probably be a good time to pave the roads.

*Just read that tonight's Powerball is up to 275 rolls of Angel Soft Toilet Paper.

*Many parents are about to discover the teacher was not the problem!

*Three hours into homeschooling and 1 is suspended for skipping class and the other one has already been expelled.

*Homeschool day 2: Wondering how I can get this kid transferred out of my class.

*I wonder if God got so mad about all of our fighting down here that He sent us to our rooms?

*Don't know why my fishing buddy is worried about the coronavirus. He never catches anything.

*The truth is, it's not so boring at home. But it's interesting that one bag of rice has 7,456 grains and another one has 7,489.

*We are about 3 weeks away from knowing everyone's true hair color.

*I've eaten 22 times and taken 13 naps, and it's still today!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
When isolated, you may sometimes feel that your mental abilities are starting to evaporate. I recently rediscovered this challenging amusement that many years ago I used to love. It will entertain you for hours and keep the brain fit.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Another contribution by a young friend, the mother of 4 - a slight twist on the joke by @Camino Chrissy.

One week into home schooling and the teacher has been sacked for incompetence and drinking on the job.

Edited to add: Reminds me of my mother talking about correspondence schooling of my older brothers, during the war years living on a remote sheep property. She found it very hard, especially trying to keep them inside when there was so much more fun to be had mustering sheep and riding horses! They both survived OK and went on to university and professional careers. I'm sure this generation will do fine.

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
:D

You think it’s bad now? In 20 years our country will be run by people homeschooled by day drinkers…
;)

Do not call the police on suspicious people in your neighborhood! Those are your neighbors without makeup and hair extensions!
:oops:

Since we can’t eat out, now’s the perfect time to eat better, get fit, and stay healthy. We’re quarantined! Who are we trying to impress? We have snacks, we have sweatpants – I say we use them!
👍

Day 7 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”
🐶

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
Ringo Never, Pete Forever..... WAIT! :oops:

so.... @Camino Chrissy - without hitting Google - What is Paul McCartney's middle name? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 91 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 362 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock