A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

COVID Humor in times of Covid (round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I got a few PMs about the round 2 thread, and have closed it. Too many images make it hard for some people to load. Here’s the link.

I also would like to ask for your cooperation in a couple of areas. First, please keep humor limited to covid-related topics. We have a “not so serious thread” for general humor and guffawing. Look here. And second, please remember that regular forum rules apply — please no political comments or jokes. I do not watch these threads, but I have gotten these comments from some members who do. Thanks.

Buen camino, Laurie

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I got a few PMs about the round 2 thread, and have closed it. Too many images make it hard for some people to load. Here’s the link.

I also would like to ask for your cooperation in a couple of areas. First, please keep humor limited to covid-related topics. We have a “not so serious thread” for general humor and guffawing. Look here. And second, please remember that regular forum rules apply — please no political comments or jokes. I do not watch these threads, but I have gotten these comments from some members who do. Thanks.

Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie, I love the covid-19 humor thread, but had noticed it was starting to deviate from the original intention. Thanks for making the effort to get it back on track.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
A good reason why I decide to stay "au naturale" with my hair color. 😉
I decided to let my white hair grow out before my first camino, as I could not imagine either carrying with me and applying my usual hair colouring product on camino or letting it grow out a couple of inches while I was away. So far, I have not seen such an item on anyone's packing list for the camino.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I decided to let my white hair grow out before my first camino, as I could not imagine either carrying with me and applying my usual hair colouring product on camino or letting it grow out a couple of inches while I was away. So far, I have not seen such an item on anyone's packing list for the camino.
A woman that I met last year bought a box of hair color in Spain and touched up one night when she splurged on a hotel room. 😊

mark connolly

Camino(s) past & future
sept 2016 CF
sept 2017 Lourdes to SJPDP via Piemonte
SJPDP to SDC via CF
2019 CF (God willing)

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
Last edited:

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...

Buen camino, Laurie
It's true that the amount & space of the fotos made it hard for my computer to load the page in the end.

Can we agree on posting smaller pictures, or "clickable" ones?

/BP

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
😄 Perhaps this should have been posted under the 'Humour in times of COVID' thread..hilarious!
If there's a loophole or a slant on interpretation, people will find it...very inventive. Not sure if it beats walking the dog by drone though... 🤭
👣 🌏
The photo was posted on that thread!

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
The photo was posted on that thread!
Not originally. At first it was posted on it's own & then some hours later it was transferred (either by OP @mark connolly or moderator?) to the COVID Humour thread. Obviously I replied (which I've now edited 😁) before that...as did @JillGat ! 😄
👣 🌏

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I don't know who would be able to access this on internet, as it originates in Ireland, but it is worth sharing. At least, I think so! Search for https://www.churchservices.tv/ and select 8am mass in Lurgan. choose the recorded mass. Fast forward to about 2 minutes from the end, as the priest is leaving the altar. See what happens.
For moderators, and all members, this is not proselytising. In fact it shows a lovely grounded human side to pastoral ministry. However if it is removed, I hope some people manage to catch it before that happens!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I also would like to ask for your cooperation in a couple of areas. First, please keep humor limited to covid-related topics.
Can we please also limit this thread to HUMOR? I appreciate the nice philosophical quotes, but they don't belong in a humor thread.

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
in Planning stage: Frances (SJPdP --> SdC) & Finisterre "2021" ... (GOD WILLING!)
Just when I thought I've heard (seen?) it all - here comes this report:
Police Are Searching for a Chicken Wanted for Terrorizing Bank Customers

The suspect was chasing people and trying to hop in their vehicles.

chick.png

We're all losing it (at least a little) in quarantine, but some are taking this new restrictive lifestyle harder than others. Case in point: an "aggressive chicken" that's terrorizing people at a bank in Walker, Louisiana.

The suspect in question, which has been described by police officials as reddish-tan, 18 inches tall, and weighing between 6 and 8 pounds, has been reportedly chasing down customers, harassing them at the ATM and drive-thru, and trying to hop into cars. Clearly, this is more than a case of failed social distancing.

The menace is wanting on charges of assault, attempted battery, attempted burglary, terrorizing, and ignoring an order of the Governor, the police department cheekily posted to its Facebook account Saturday. Maybe the guy's just starved for some social attention?
fb.png

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
This Covid song is guaranteed to get you up from the couch and dancing! Very funny and very clever!

The song is a rewording of the well-known song ‘Run to Paradise’ from 1987 by Aussie band The Choir Boys.

Cheers from Paradise -
Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock