Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Humor in times of covid (Round 4)

cathietherese

Catherine Davis
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP - Finistere May/June 2012
Le-Puy-en-Velay to Cahors/ June 2019
Well, what can I say...the naughty boys always got it worse than the girls. 😁
Haha! So true, I got the strap occasionally for too much talking and then I had a kind nun before leaving primary school for two blissful years. Her punishment was to send talkative ones like me into a 'middle room' that had a high mantlepiece over a fireplace and one desk and chair, set in the middle of a sloping wooden floor. A set of encyclopedias was on top of the mantlepiece and a little kid could just reach them and [secretly] read them. Oh, the appeal of silent reading and access to books of knowledge that few parents from my school could afford to buy their children. I still feel enormous gratitude to that wise and kind woman.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
Good news for the older wine buff. An Agricultural Research station near me is using genetic modification to produce a grape with high diuretic content.

The wine produced is going to be called Pino More.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
I am bored out of my skull; - our newly rearranged flight to Spain in October will be very likely be cancelled again as numbers rise, and furthermore, I have been unable to walk locally for 4 weeks now due to a twisted ankle....
This has caused my consumption of coffee to rise dramatically,
and inactivity and idleness to set in and fill my daily life and I must search new life questions,
like:
What gender is coffee in Spain, does anybody know ??

Will a Cortada be:

El Rey de Café or

La Reina de Caffeina ???

Last edited:

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
I am bored out of my skull; - our newly rearranged flight to Spain in October will be very likely be cancelled again as numbers rise, and furthermore, I have been unable to walk locally for 4 weeks now due to a twisted ankle....
This has caused my consumption of coffee to rise dramatically,
and inactivity and idleness to set in and fill my daily life and I must search new life questions,
like:
What gender is coffee in Spain, does anybody know ??

Will a Cortada be:

El Rey de Café or

La Reina de Caffeina ???
As far as I know the noun cafe (coffee) is masculine in gender....its a man drink :p🤣

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I never would have thought I would see the day when I would be able to walk into a bank and take money out....wearing a mask.
Goes along with post #186...so which masked guy were you..the good guy or the bad guy! 🤣

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Here is a COVOD-19 joke which is too good not to share. A few minutes ago I received a recorded phone message from my pharmacy advising me that if I am sick I am not to pick up my prescriptions.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
Edit: perhaps a denier is a measure of thickness
You are correct but other measures are available such as a Vernier.

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Cut it out! You're making a mess o' these potamia.
I have no idea...shall I google to catch the pun?...
Just googled...still don't get it, but I'm stubborn and wanna understand.
To the ancient Greeks the land in Iraq between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers was known as Mesopotamia from [land] meso (between) and potamia (rivers). Now it should be hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣😂
(Where's the sarcasm emoji?)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
To the ancient Greeks the land in Iraq between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers was known as Mesopotamia from [land] meso (between) and potamia (rivers). Now it should be hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣😂
(Where's the sarcasm emoji?)
Yes, hilarious now. You are most always full of dry humor encased in a bit of sarcasm, Rick...love it! (Still don't know how you come up with this stuff.)🙄

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
How do I come up with these things?
Well, Rick, I think your brain is multi functual. You have a great grasp on most things techy/computers and offer help time and again to those who need it on the forum. You also have a great sense of humor...dry as it can be, and you often make me chuckle with your wit!

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock