• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Humor in times of covid (Round 4)

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
A man walks into a covid responsible bar. Perfect he thinks...only me and the barman.
He orders a drink and sits down by himself at a table. While he is waiting he hears a voice
"Hey...I like your shoes".
Looking round he cant see anyone near him then he hears..
"Pstttt...I like your tie too"
When the barman arrives with his drink he mentions to the barman that he is hearing a voice and yet there is no one there. The barman replies ...
" Dont worry sir, that's the peanuts...they are complimentary"
😄😄😄 I am laughing because that is so corny!

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
A man walks into a covid responsible bar. Perfect he thinks...only me and the barman.
He orders a drink and sits down by himself at a table. While he is waiting he hears a voice
"Hey...I like your shoes".
Looking round he cant see anyone near him then he hears..
"Pstttt...I like your tie too"
When the barman arrives with his drink he mentions to the barman that he is hearing a voice and yet there is no one there. The barman replies ...
" Dont worry sir, that's the peanuts...they are complimentary"
Oh good! Peanuts are not only covid free, but complimentary, and complimentary as well...it's a win win win. Now what is the address of that bar?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
I wouldn't be too sure of this, as you might hear the doorbell and get up to answer before you remembered. So long as you haven't concluded that pants are superfluous.

Based upon a few aforementioned posts we don’t want the pants super-fluid either.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That's how my brain feels these days - stuck at X, with no sense of where I am in the day, the week, the month...??? Just free-floating 'for no apparent reason.' The Camino Forum keeps me 'anchored' as much or more than anything else.
Me too, Marylynn! I cling to the forum and hope for better non-covid days ahead!

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details

Iriebabel

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Del Norte & part of Lebaniego 2019
My friend in Sweden sent me this one.
There are many uses for the face mask But this is a new one for me—the world has truly gone to hell in a hand basket but hey to each his own 😛

Moderators please feel free to delete if any policy is violated
04423BF2-59C9-4C45-B46E-15003F27F694.jpeg

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
There are many uses for the face mask But this is a new one for me—the world has truly gone to hell in a hand basket but hey to each his own 😛

View attachment 83266

Now, that’s a Slim Jim!

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Over the Covid months, I have developed a relationship with this little spider who lives in my bathroom. Every now and again he emerges from his hidey-hole below the door jamb - which doesn’t quite fit flush with the floor - and waits for me. When I come by, I slap my foot down on the floor next to him and he scurries back to his hidey-hole. Later, when he feels playful again, he emerges once more, waits for me and we play the game all over again. I don’t have a name for him; he’s just my “little spidey.”

IMG_1362.jpgIMG_1365.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Over the Covid months, I have developed a relationship with this little spider who lives in my bathroom. Every now and again he emerges from his hidey-hole below the door jamb - which doesn’t quite fit flush with the floor - and waits for me. When I come by, I slap my foot down on the floor next to him and he scurries back to his hidey-hole. Later, when he feels playful again, he emerges once more, waits for me and we play the game all over again. I don’t have a name for him; he’s just my “little spidey.”

View attachment 83512View attachment 83513
Awww, a pet spider...how cute! You could name him Covey. I think he runs away to keep his "distance".

André Walker

Never loosing my way: always standing on it
Camino(s) past & future
Holland-St.Jean, Frances, Del Norte, VdlP.

View attachment 83266
I really like these ‘multiple usage’ solutions: when going to the sauna you can use it as a face mask.

Or, when the situation calls for it, give it to someone who has forgotten his.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Meanwhile elsewhere :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
Meanwhile continuing elsewhere:

There’s a plane going down over the desert with only 3 parachutes on board. There are four people onboard, the smartest man in the world, the best doctor in the world, an old priest, and a young nerd. The doctor says, “People need me for my medical skills.” grabs the first parachute pack, and jumps. The smartest man in the world says, “People need me for my intelligence.” grabs a pack, and jumps. The old priest says, “I have lived a long and happy life. You take the last chute.” The nerd says, “Don’t worry. There are enough chutes for the both of us. The smartest man in the world just grabbed my backpack.”

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Meanwhile elsewhere :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Meanwhile somewhere in the (not so distant?) future a man walks into a brain store to purchase a new brain for implantation. As he scans the department for ‘exceptional brains’ where brains from the biggest scientists, philosophers, poets, etc. are displayed –all quite pricy of course- he spots one which is excessively expensive which had belonged to the former prime minister. He asks the store attendant, “Why is this particular brain so much more expensive than the others” and gets the reply: “Well, it is all unused” 😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Meanwhile somewhere in the (not so distant?) future a man walks into a brain store to purchase a new brain for implantation. As he scans the department for ‘exceptional brains’ where brains from the biggest scientists, philosophers, poets, etc. are displayed –all quite pricy of course- he spots one which is excessively expensive which had belonged to the former prime minister. He asks the store attendant, “Why is this particular brain so much more expensive than the others” and gets the reply: “Well, it is all unused” 😁
The prime minister of which country?🤔

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
A late bloomer maybe?
Yes, first time around I spent my time down at the pub, playing Poker or demonstrating against the Vietnam war and as a result I never graduated.

It probably also didn't help that at that time I thought I was going to be an Accountant but after finding myself falling asleep at my desk with boredom I discovered Computing and in those days there wasn't a Computing based degree.

My late bloomer stint is a whole other story that is probably best shared over a good Spanish Vino Tinto or even a good Ozzie Shiraz.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
My older brother studied Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Waterloo in the 1960's. How old are you?
Clearly Canada and/or Waterloo was way out in front of NZ in this area although it was probably possible to do some sort of Maths and Computer Science degree in NZ at that time but the Computer Science part would have been much more focused on improving algorithms such as sorting and searching.

My computing training during the early 70's was more directed at business computing and data structures. University degrees in these areas came in much later and in some NZ universities there was even competition between the Computer Science faction who would typically reside within the School of Mathematics and the Business Computing faction who often were within the School of Business.

Eventually both factions came closer together although there is still some tension between the two.

My comment about the the Vietnam war demonstrations while at Uni should have given my age (era) away although, perhaps, some older people were also demonstrating 😁.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Booking.com