• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Humor in times of covid (Round 4)

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Clearly Canada and/or Waterloo was way out in front of NZ in this area although it was probably possible to do some sort of Maths and Computer Science degree in NZ at that time but the Computer Science part would have been much more focused on improving algorithms such as sorting and searching.

My computing training during the early 70's was more directed at business computing and data structures. University degrees in these areas came in much later and in some NZ universities there was even competition between the Computer Science faction who would typically reside within the School of Mathematics and the Business Computing faction who often were within the School of Business.

Eventually both factions came closer together although there is still some tension between the two.

My comment about the the Vietnam war demonstrations while at Uni should have given my age (era) away although, perhaps, some older people were also demonstrating 😁.
Gee, Doug! In my opinion this post belongs on the "Lost in translation" thread cuz I don't know what language you are speaking, but it's not German.😂

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Clearly Canada and/or Waterloo was way out in front of NZ in this area although it was probably possible to do some sort of Maths and Computer Science degree in NZ at that time but the Computer Science part would have been much more focused on improving algorithms such as sorting and searching.

My computing training during the early 70's was more directed at business computing and data structures. University degrees in these areas came in much later and in some NZ universities there was even competition between the Computer Science faction who would typically reside within the School of Mathematics and the Business Computing faction who often were within the School of Business.

Eventually both factions came closer together although there is still some tension between the two.

My comment about the the Vietnam war demonstrations while at Uni should have given my age (era) away although, perhaps, some older people were also demonstrating 😁.
@Doughnut NZ
A memory from those early days: I was studying English and French at Waterloo Lutheran University when one of the young men at our seminary went down the road to the University of Wateloo to see this new computer, the same IBM model which was being used for the NASA space program. For some reason, this monster computer was placed on the top of a daiz with numerous steps up to approach it. He took a look at the setup, and genuflected.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details

Sosthenes

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese 2020
I can’t understand why people are doing the Camino I the middle of a pandemic???
QUOTE="peregrina2000, post: 852897, member: 537"]
Since Round 3 is getting long and hard for some to load, time to close it and open Round 4.

Haven’t heard any complaints so I guess this thread is going well. And I have to admit that though I don’t regularly read this thread, the last couple of cartoons on Round 3 did make me chuckle. 🤭

Buen camino, Laurie
[/QUOTE]

Iriebabel

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Del Norte & part of Lebaniego 2019
Love it, Iriebabel! Hilarious! 😂

Chrissy,
Humor is all I have these days. 🤪
I am off crutches last week (since mid June 🙄...not complaining) 🤔 but still have Physio often, still in (better) pain than before ...if that is a good thing 🤷🏽‍♀️. I am improving slowly, growing sideways from limited foot use and trying despirately to avoid COVID and election madness...yeah yeah I am doing well 😄😄 doing well indeed 😉😅

Last edited:

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Chrissy,
Humor is all I have these days. 🤪
I am off crutches last week (since mid June 🙄...not complaining) 🤔 but still have Physio often, still in (better) pain than before ...if that is a good thing 🤷🏽‍♀️. I am improving slowly, growing sideways from limited foot use and trying despirately to avoid COVID and election madness...yeah yeah I am doing well 😄😄 doing well indeed 😉😅
Humour is pretty much all we have at the moment....keep smiling @Iriebabel

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thank you! This thread is awesome..it is the perfect immunity injection just before Physio 😃
I absolutely love humor. I am so happy the mods have let us keep up this silliness!
Thanks for the little update on your foot issues. Impovements are good...even in small doses aa time.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hi Chrissy.
My play on words was purely phonetic but I do have an odd sense of humour according to my wife.
"Oh caiman!"
I was only able to laugh after I looked up caiman! I definately have a sense of humor, too...just ask some of the folks on this forum. Ha! That said, it occasionally has gotten me in just a wee bit of trouble.😃

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Smelling and tasting work perfectly. For other bodily functions except bathroom, I stick to my bed.
I would like to comment, but would possibly get in a wee bit of trouble. However, I just may try out that covid test since it worked well for you...it sure sounds better than a giant Q-tip test.

Camino(s) past & future
I would like to comment, but would possibly get in a wee bit of trouble. However, I just may try out that covid test since it worked well for you...it sure sounds better than a giant Q-tip test.
It works with red wine (preferably Rioja) too, but increase intake to 6-8 glasses of testing, IMHO.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I'm exchanging my hiking poles for cudgels to attack that beast...I'm prepared to do anything to get past him.
This guy used he largest cudgel of all to get past this bad boy.
(Photo used with permission.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-061623~2.png
    Screenshot_20201014-061623~2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 61

Jomas

Camino(s) past & future
VF many times. Monaco-Lindau '15. Assisi-Pietralcina '17. CF '18.
🤔
to tell the truth it should be the same "individual", in a slightly shabby state when there is only the audio to communicate and in a very elegant state when there is also the video connection .... or "the beautician "does magic in case of style or maybe you're right .....🤭😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
🤔
to tell the truth it should be the same "individual", in a slightly shabby state when there is only the audio to communicate and in a very elegant state when there is also the video connection .... or "the beautician "does magic in case of style or maybe you're right .....🤭😁
I know it was referring to the same individual. I had fun taking it another direction though as there is also some truth in that.😁

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
🤔
Or the left side is without the "beauty" filter, and the right side is with it.

TerryB

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Norte/Primitivo (April/May) 2009: Norte/Primitivo (parts) (April/May) 2010: Inglés (May) 2011: Primitivo (April/May) 2012: Norte / Camino de La Reina (April/May) 2013: Camino del Mar / Inglés (May/June) 2015
This is very U.K. - rule of 6!Mag 7.jpg

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
A Tarte aux pommes à la mode is in France an Apple Tart served with a dollop of ice cream -- but US readers might be surprised if they order Tripes à la mode ...
And just to confuse the issue further, tarte aux pommes à la mode is the French version of the American dish apple pie with ice cream - it's not an authentic French dish at all. Tripes à la mode, on the other hand, very much is. It's a speciality of Caen, in Normandy. Try it. I dare you.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
And just to confuse the issue further, tarte aux pommes à la mode is the French version of the American dish apple pie with ice cream - it's not an authentic French dish at all. Tripes à la mode, on the other hand, very much is. It's a speciality of Caen, in Normandy. Try it. I dare you.
Tripe is not prepared in France only à la mode of Caen -- the phrase "à la mode de" only means "in the fashion of < place >" ; sometimes implicitly.

Bœuf à la mode does not involve ice cream. Nor tripe. Nor Caen.

The name of the dish Tagliatelle alla Bolognese technically means Tagliatèles à la mode de Bologne. I have seen such descriptions on French menus ...

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
And just to confuse the issue further, tarte aux pommes à la mode is the French version of the American dish apple pie with ice cream - it's not an authentic French dish at all.
I can tell you've never tasted a proper Tarte Tatin ... :cool: ... though it's best served with a dollop of cream, rather than ice cream.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
On the Le Puy route I recall two standout apple desserts that were wonderful...here's a photo of the homemade one in Figeac. Is this the same, Jabba?
Screenshot_20201020-150917~2.png

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
I can tell you've never tasted a proper Tarte Tatin ... :cool: ... though it's best served with a dollop of cream, rather than ice cream.
I first tasted tarte tatin in Paris in 1968, when De Gaulle was in power, and have enjoyed it on many subsequent visits, with and without cream. On the whole, however, I prefer tarte à la normande.

I didn't mean to imply that Caen had a monopoly on tripes: it's a bit like aligot - every town and village in Quercy claims it is THE authentic home of that dish.

Remind me - just how far off-topic are we?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Just making sandwiches huh!

I first tasted tarte tatin in Paris in 1968, when De Gaulle was in power, and have enjoyed it on many subsequent visits, with and without cream. On the whole, however, I prefer tarte à la normande.

I didn't mean to imply that Caen had a monopoly on tripes: it's a bit like aligot - every town and village in Quercy claims it is THE authentic home of that dish.

Remind me - just how far off-topic are we?

What’s the topic?

Advertisement

Booking.com