A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

I´ve made it to Azofra

And I even have a bed! The camino is quite crowded. I stayed at the church in Logrono because the main albergue was full. Ventosa was full at 1, but let folks sleep on the floor but even after that, she still had to turn folks away. Best rule of thumb is to stay wherever you are at noon to 1 pm. Otherwise, you´re staying on the floor or out in the open. Thankfully, Azofra has about 100 places, so that should help the situation a bit.

The weather is fine though, so at least the walking part is going well.

Kelly on the Camino Frances

Advertisment

Minkey

Depends where you stay I guess. I walked from Carrion to Sahagun and got there at 1530 and got a bed. Walked from Sahagun to Mansilla and got there at 1600 but still got a bed....... It´s quite busy, yeah... But bearable. I´m in Triacastela now... And I am particularly tired! It´s starting to get to me physically now.

Anyway... Good luck and buen camino! :)

Sometimes if your section of the pilgrimage is busy it might be worth dropping back behind the pilgrims on your section, and you may find that you are then in among a quieter group. When working in Rabanal earlier this year there were nights when every bed in the village was taken and pilgrims were sleeping on the floor (outside wasn't an option because of the weather). We opened up Refugio Gaucelmo each day at 2.30 and were full within the hour. Then suddenly the numbers dropped and we had beds available at 5pm. Hope all goes well and the weather remains favourable.
Buen Camino,
Brendan

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%