• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am in Paris, but my pack is not..

FrPeter

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, PR - 2016; CF 2018; CP 2019; VDLP (to Caceres) 2019
Arrived this afternoon in Paris, but my pack is no where to be found. Airline don't know where it is yet... I was checking in yesterday and they put the luggages on the side saying their conveor belt was not working. Now I am here with no gear...
I am in Lourdes for couple of nights.. But if the pack doesn't turn up.. I don't know what to do... Lost...
Any advice? If it does not turn out.. I will have to gather something to begin the journey... But where do I get all the stuff..?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Take a big breath - and again - and another one . And exhale slowly. Most likely the airline will locate it very soon and will reunite you with it. Make sure you fill out the relevant papers they will hand to you. In the unlikely case that it is permanently lost, you will get a refund of sorts. The only time my luggage was lost I was reunited with it 24h later. So don't panic, keep calm and carry on your Camino and trust in that the Camino will provide. Buen Camino and compassionate hugs, SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Arrived this afternoon in Paris, but my pack is no where to be found. Airline don't know where it is yet... I was checking in yesterday and they put the luggages on the side saying their conveor belt was not working. Now I am here with no gear...
I am in Lourdes for couple of nights.. But if the pack doesn't turn up.. I don't know what to do... Lost...
Any advice? If it does not turn out.. I will have to gather something to begin the journey... But where do I get all the stuff..?
@FrPeter
I can reasonably say, "I know how you feel." I went to New Zealand a couple of years ago, but my luggage did not follow for a couple of days, by which time I was no longer in Auckland, since I had paid bookings that I needed to follow. I didn't get it back until a month later on my five weeks holiday. If you have booked ahead or are very short of time, you may need to start moving. Let the forum know where your next stop is and someone will know or be able to help you find a good outdoor gear store close by. Speak to all the hospitaleros and other managers wherever you stay. Pilgrims are always leaving things behind and you may pick up some things as you go. Let the airline know where you will be each night, so they can deliver your pack when they locate it. Then you can just leave behind whatever you have been given for other pilgrims. Be sure to keep all bills, as the airline will reimburse you. Let us know how it goes. I will not be checking any luggage as I head for Oloron Ste Marie to begin my next camino in a couple of weeks, carry-on only. Buen camino.

My luggage got lost in US Virginia last year. I was delivered to my hotel 24 hours later. Same happened once in Madrid. I got it 12 hours later.
So take a deep breath and hopefully your gear will be delivered very soon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have heard this story once before seems Paris is the place where one does not receive their back pack..hopefully soon they will find it.

So your Camino begins...

It's easy to say from a distance but try not to worry. The Airline will do its best to reunite you. Apart from ensuring that you have a lost luggage form from them, have you let them know that you are missing an irreplaceable mass kit for the pilgrimage you are undertaking? Also ensure that they have all your contact numbers and details.

I don't know your financial situation but if necessary and you're starting from SJPdP there's a wonderful pilgrims shop with everything you need to set out on the Camino. Keep all your receipts for the Airline claim. If you have travel insurance many pay out on emergency purchases to replace lost luggage so keep and/or photograph your receipts.

In the meantime, try to find the joy in your journey. I was mugged and robbed one evening in Paris a few years back but the following day, wandering around the streets from embassy to police station etc, the sun was out and it was still a glorious day.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes.. Other things can be replaced as I go, but my mass kit can't be... Well at least not for the camino..

I wouldn't be so sure about that one either - Surely St.James can provide a priest with a pilgrims mass kit ;-) Just speak to your fellow priests along the way and see if you can borrow one. It might not be 'yours' but it will serve! Buen Camino, SY

Sorry that you have to start your Camino with the added stress of a missing pack.

Many of us here have strongly advised carrying your pack on board...for this very reason.
If you need to check something because it won't get through security (do you need it?)...just check that and not take a chance on the whole pack. You spend a lot of time and money to get your kit together.

Good luck with getting reunited with the pack. It is easy for us to say not to stress and worry...but I know it is a very tough place to be right now. Blessings....

sorry to hear about your situation. In March of this year my pack was lost due to a late arrival of one plane, and a transfer to another airline for the connection. I arrived in Madrid with no pack. I spent an unplanned day in Madrid which was wonderful including time in the Prado museum. The net day I went back to the airport and my pack was there. I believe this is most often the situation with overseas connections for lost luggage. Give the airline 24 hours before you panic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am so sorry to hear this, FrPeter. That must be so frustrating!!! Can you stay in Paris another day? Most luggage turn up 24 hours later. If not, I am sure, you can replace most of your trekking gear in St. Jean. In the albergue in Roncesvalles there is a big table with all kind of free stuff, which pilgrims leave behind after having dragged it over the Pyrenees. And speak to the volunteers in the Pilgrim Office in St. Jean and the priests in Roncesvalles – they are so kind and will do everything to help you. Also your fellow pilgrims will for sure have something they can share with you, as most of us tend to pack more than we need. A Buen Camino to you!!!! Please let us know how you are doing!

So sorry to hear this. As others have said, stay in Paris for 24 hours if you can. After that, all you can do is give the airline your address in Lourdes and make your way there. I'm sure that the loss of your mass kit is particularly distressing for you - but surely Lourdes is a good place to borrow a replacement kit?

Oh my, the Camino just pushed you into the deep end right off the bat, Father!
It doesn't help much I know, you have me heartfelt sympathies--I've had this happen several times in various places. It can be anxiety-producing, to be sure, but the airlines usually come through in a day or so. So hopefully you can pause your journey there in Lourdes to wait for it.
Alas, your Mass kit...I hope you are reunited with that very soon!

In the worst case scenario, camino gear can be gotten at SJPP here:
http://directioncompostelle.com
directioncompostelle@orange.fr
Or perhaps Lourdes has a decathlon?

I am sure the hardest part is the wait. As many others My wife & I lost our bags for 16 hrs they finally found them, but we had gone shopping thinking the worse. Patience... It will work out no matter what, even if you have to replace your kit.
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for all your support. There is a flight coming in from Toronto tonight, arriving tomorrow afternoon in Paris.. So hopefully it is there. I am in Lourdes, just arrived an hour ago. They said they will deliver if it shows up.
In case that it doesn't. I may have to change the plan from Norte to Frances.. With nothing it seems it is going to be easier to at least be able to start the walk with something at St. Jean and obviously more support. Only thing is though, a friend is supposed to be joining me in Oviedo on 19th to walk the primitivo. Wonder if I can get there by then through camino Frances.

Saying a prayer for you , Father!
Wonder if I can get there by then through camino Frances.
Sure! Get yourself to Leon and walk the San Salvador up and over the mountains. Count on an extra 5 days. (Or bus if you are tight on time). There are threads here as to the details...not easy but it looks stunning.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think we are all hoping it catches up with you.
If you started your Norte in San Sabastian you would be able to put together a basic kit for walking.
SS is beautiful and is really just one day from Irun and would keep you on schedule.

Or...you could find a monks robe and an alms cup and have a medieval experience.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your support. There is a flight coming in from Toronto tonight, arriving tomorrow afternoon in Paris.. So hopefully it is there. I am in Lourdes, just arrived an hour ago. They said they will deliver if it shows up.
In case that it doesn't. I may have to change the plan from Norte to Frances.. With nothing it seems it is going to be easier to at least be able to start the walk with something at St. Jean and obviously more support. Only thing is though, a friend is supposed to be joining me in Oviedo on 19th to walk the primitivo. Wonder if I can get there by then through camino Frances.

First, there is plenty of support along the del Norte. Bayonne has an outdoors equipment shop if your stuff doesn't turn up, and a short walk takes you to the coast, and then over the border at Hendaie to Irun. Unless you are intending to say private masses along the way, clergy will welcome you to assist-- just bring your celebret, so a mass kit is not absolutely necessary.

I agree with a lot of the advice on this thread. I sincerely hope that all will work out for you. I had a similar situation(mass kit apart) last week when I arrived for a week on the Camino del Norte and did not get my rucksack until the Tuesday so was kitless for two days. I had a wonderful time, received lots of kindness in Portugalete, walked the way and found that the disruption and the ability to react positively to it greatly enhanced my week. Hopefully it won't be St Jude you have to pray to as you go through this and you will be up and running in no time.

God guides us and airlines sometimes try to upset His and our plans... Still, they can't make Him disappear. He is with you, right? You'll be traveling light like Jesus' disciples. I pray your pack turns up.

Well, no good news so far. They still have no idea. There is a flight arriving soon so that's my only hope for now.
If pack doesn't turn out for a while I will go gather some stuff, found a sporting good store in Lourdes, and start the camino.. No I am not doing monk robe thing.. Haha..
Reason I was thinking to switch to camino Frances is because mass is more available each day.. I promised many that I will offer mass for them along the way.. The mass kit was for the day that there was no mass to be found in town.
I need some help.. Can anyone or put together reasonable etapas for Frances from St. Jean to Leon? I will leave tomorrow and I need to get to Leon by 18th. Then take bus to Oviedo, meet my friend and walk down primitivo to Santiago. Internet is so slow here at hotel and hard plan with a phone... So help will be greatly appreciated. Plus side all this is that my new pack will be much lighter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
there was at one time a suggestion that you should bring their backpack with them on board. Plus have a smaller bag with sharps and liquids in the other that would be check and with all other luggage. I did this for years then decide not since never had problems...guess was lucky. good luck with your backpack will say a prayer to St. Anthony for you to find it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Falcon. Very detailed as well.
Well, I guess after all this I was meant to walk the French route.. There was quite a bit of debate in my heart about that before deciding norte. Maybe another time.
Finally got to brush my teeth as well. Getting few things from pharmacy. Now off to some clothes shopping as it looks like bag won't be found before I leave. If they find it they said they will email and ask where... So with Falcon's stages I should be able to tell them where. Thanks again. Hopefully I can spend some time at the shrine this evening.

Dear Falcon, could you be able be make slight adjustment? I was checking train and I can't get to St. Jean before 12..unless there are other means. So looks like I may have to spend a night in St. Jean. Which will make departure 31st.
Sorry and thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bit more at peace now knowing that my pack won't be here, but having a game plan with your encouragement and help. Also credit car company saying I can spend up to 300 until tomorrow helps too.. I can go get some change of clothe.

Buen Camino, Fr. Peter! I'm also petitioning St. Anthony to get that pack to you quickly. All the best in however it turns out.

Hi: I had a similar situation in Seville when I was starting out on the first section of the VdlP a few years ago. I purchased new clothes, toiletries, etc., and my bag caught up to me after 3-4 days. The airline (Lufthansa) paid 50% of what I had spent to replace my stuff.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I had some equipment misplaced by airlines also. Was not in the Luggage section , was sent to ". "Special Items " area in airport terminal.
Could be a long shot , but backpack could have sent to that area. Ask airlines if they have looked in Special item office.

Hi, again, Fr. Peter. For whatever it's worth, I walked SJPP to Burgos last October and stayed in each of the end points except one (Zubiri) that are on Falcon's list. We attended Mass every night (including the tiny little village of San Juan) but one.
So it looks like the possibility of you concelebrating Mass for your first 2 weeks is pretty high.
The one exception was when we continued on to Larrosoaña rather than stop in Zubiri. If I recall correctly, I saw a sign on the church in Zubiri for Mass that evening.
Hopefully, all this will be moot by the time you read this and you'll already be reunited with your pack and Mass kit. If not, though, with luck and grace you will still be celebrating Mass for all those intentions you carry with you.
Buen Camino!

Well got to the store in Lourdes and got a smaller backpack with few clothing items. Will need to get few more things, but I will do that tomorrow in St. Jean. If my pack catches up, though they have not found it yet, then I can leave all these somewhere on camino who may encounter such problem.
Whoever is leaving St. Jean on 31 will see you there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@FrPeter
Sooo sorry to hear of your missing pack! I am currently in Santiago now, is there anything I can do to help? I hv some spare euros left (enough for a good replacement pack).... shall I leave it in Pilgrim House or wt Ivar tomorrow for you? I dont know where Ivar is but I know Pilgrim House as I went there this evening but was closed so will go there tomorrow.... Please let me know and I am happy for you to hv the spare money.... will also say a prayer for you.

Ginette

You may not be aware, there is a pilgrim hostel in Lourdes ( overlooks the shrine ) , wonderful people... Maybe have some spare kit there for you, or, at least be able to guide you round ..Accueil Jacquaire “La Ruche” : 21 rue Pau, Lourdes | Tel: 05 62 97 9821| jl.doux@club-internet.fr , Jean Louis will no doubt be able to assist !
I've also seen many 'mass kits' for sale in all the shops surrounding the shrine

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You may not be aware, there is a pilgrim hostel in Lourdes ( overlooks the shrine ) , wonderful people... Maybe have some spare kit there for you, or, at least be able to guide you round ..Accueil Jacquaire “La Ruche” : 21 rue Pau, Lourdes | Tel: 05 62 97 9821| jl.doux@club-internet.fr , Jean Louis will no doubt be able to assist !
I've also seen many 'mass kits' for sale in all the shops surrounding the shrine

I didn't know that. Wish i had known earlier.. Maybe at least I could have gotten stamp on passport. Fortunately two passports are safe. Also the shops are all closed now and train is early in the morning. I went one earlier but all I saw was rosaries and statues.. Didn't even enter my mind to ask...
I was just so distracted whole day, but I went to candlelight procession this evening and it was beautiful and I was assured that the Mother will watch my way with love.

@FrPeter
Sooo sorry to hear of your missing pack! I am currently in Santiago now, is there anything I can do to help? I hv some spare euros left (enough for a good replacement pack).... shall I leave it in Pilgrim House or wt Ivar tomorrow for you? I dont know where Ivar is but I know Pilgrim House as I went there this evening but was closed so will go there tomorrow.... Please let me know and I am happy for you to hv the spare money.... will also say a prayer for you.

Ginette

Thank you Ginette for your generous heart. I should be fine, but if you left something then I will leave it with Ivar to help someone who might be more in need.
God Bless

@FrPeter

I met wt Ivar this morning and he said he would contact you.... I do hope your pack has turned up. If not, please do use the small token. If you do not need it, then please gift it to a childrens charity or those who are in terminal care...

Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@FrPeter

I met wt Ivar this morning and he said he would contact you.... I do hope your pack has turned up. If not, please do use the small token. If you do not need it, then please gift it to a childrens charity or those who are in terminal care...

Buen Camino

Thank you very much for your generosity. I am truly overwhelmed by generosity and concern of this community.
I did receive notification that my bag is found in Barcelona. So hopefully be reunited again soon. Although this means that I have to carry heavier pack I am grateful that I had lighter pack for the difficulty journey over Pyrenees. I have safely arrived in Roncessvalles.
@AcrossTheWater3008 I will make sure your generous gift will be used to help others who are in need.

Thank you and God Bless

Glad to hear that your pack has been located. Like many of us, your luggage is now broader travelled than yourself.

When you are reunited you will be amazed at the luxuries that it contains...

...and in the meantime you have already experienced the true spirit of the Camino...

Go Well

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Could anyone tell me a good albergue in Pamplona where I could get my pack delivered?

Once arrived at the base of a mountain for a climbing expedition without my gear, lost somewhere between London and Moscow. Two days later, on the day we were meant to begin our expedition, our bags arrived, at dawn, by jeep.

Keep the faith. But then, I know you are.

Buen Camino!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@FrPeter

Wonderful news.....! So glad yr pack is located... yes, please gift the token to children charity or a hospice for terminal care.... many thanks... would be great to know the charity! Do pm me if that's easier... tho I dont exactly know how to?

Meanwhile enjoy your trip and Buen Camino! God bless...

Hey thanks Dominique, I figured that out after I posted that!

Cheers x

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oh does that nightmare sound familiar, sorry for your substandard service. We lost train ticket costs, hotel reservation, Orisson reservations, and costs in Paris for three days. DC to Newark's lousy always under construction airport and then delayed flights to paris. Two days later and all noted airlines could tell us was our bags had not been scanned at Newark. Three days later our bags showed up.

Now my bag goes with me as carry on!

My friend, Mat of Ireland, was in Roncesvalles, day two. Went in for breakfast, returned to find his pack gone. Panicked he looked everywhere. After everyone had left a kind woman drove him to Larasona to search all the albergues and inns. His pack was later found in Zubiri ( a courier company had picked it up by mistake) Mat went back up the hill with the kind woman to begin again . I witnessed a friend always ready to help others. Thank you for these hopeful stories, they are part of the Way. ...... Ultreya....... Willy/Utah/USA

Thank you everyone again for all the love and support.
Finally I got by bag back and donated otherr stuff that I bought to local albergue is Pamplona. Hopefully some one who find themselves in need like I was can be helped.
So here I am in Pamplona heading out to Punente de la Reina In 36 C heat. Please pray for all the pilgrims who are journeying that they maybe safe.

Sorry that you have to start your Camino with the added stress of a missing pack.

Many of us here have strongly advised carrying your pack on board...for this very reason.
If you need to check something because it won't get through security (do you need it?)...just check that and not take a chance on the whole pack. You spend a lot of time and money to get your kit together.

Good luck with getting reunited with the pack. It is easy for us to say not to stress and worry...but I know it is a very tough place to be right now. Blessings....
hola, I have agonized over this possibility, and reading these wonderful tips and experiences from veterans, I had a re-think.. now knowing I can buy and replace a back-pack, hiking poles and toiletries, I re-organized.. all my clothes, few as it is all stuffed in a compact dry-bag along with ultra light sleeping bag, easily packed in a fab tote.. all measurements and weight according to regulations.. this, with my handbag go on board with me and the rest of the kit will go as checked in stuff.. the poles fit the back-pack nicely.. so grateful for the sensible and helpful advice.. buen camino

Finally I got by bag back and donated otherr stuff that I bought to local albergue is Pamplona. Hopefully some one who find themselves in need like I was can be helped.
So here I am in Pamplona heading out to Punente de la Reina In 36 C heat. Please pray for all the pilgrims who are journeying that they maybe safe.
Thanksgiving to Saint James, buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am relieved that Fr. Peter got things sorted out in the end. What is life without some drama? Thanks to all who helped in any way.

Fr, Peter, if not done already, or if I missed this somewhere in the thread above, you should be able to obtain a new Mass kit in Pamplona, Logrono, or certainly Burgos. Simply ask at the first church rectory you come to. One presumes that the resident priest will know where to send you, or be able to refer you to someone else who can help you.

Here is the language in English:

"I am a Catholic priest. My Mass kit was lost in transit. Do you know where I might find a replacement Mass kit to use along the Camino?"

I used Google Translate to come up with this, in Spanish:

"Soy un sacerdote católico. Mi kit de masas se perdió en tránsito. ¿Sabe usted dónde podría encontrar un kit de reemplazo masivo de utilizar a lo largo del Camino?"

I hope this helps.

I think as he has his backpack back he is also reunited with his mass kit ;-) Buen Camino, SY

PS Google translate didn't do a good job on that one ;-) "Mi kit de masas ..." masa - mass like in dough, misa = Mass like in church service, also "un kit de reemplazo masivo" = "a massive replacement kit" ;-)

For people who need this kind of specialized Spanish in future it should be (and I am sure @Castilian will correct me if I get it wrong!)

"Soy sacerdote católico. He perdió mi kit portátil de misa en tránsito. ¿Sabe usted dónde podría encontrar un reemplazo por aquí cerca?"

Last edited:
I think as he has his backpack back he is also reunited with his mass kit ;-) Buen Camino, SY

PS Google translate didn't do a good job on that one ;-) "Mi kit de masas ..." masa - mass like in dough, misa = Mess also "un kit de reemplazo masivo" = "a massive replacement kit" ;-)

For people who need this kind of specialized Spanish in future it should be (and I am sure @Castilian will correct me if I get it wrong!)

"Soy sacerdote católico. He perdió mi kit portátil de misa en tránsito. ¿Sabe usted dónde podría encontrar un reemplazo por aquí cerca?"

Hey SY...Right on. I use google translate quite a bit and mostly it has worked well for me. Once though (that I know of) it got me in trouble in Melide with the Spanish Senora that ran the Albergue.....Followed by two days of apologies from me even though I had no idea what she thought that I had said.....Thankfully, I did move on,,,,

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fantastic news! Now, with the grace of God, your Camino can continue without incident.

I'm very sorry you don't have your pack, and I'm also sorry you did not check out this forum earlier, I think rule number 42 is don't check in your backpack, well live and learn I hope you rejoined your pack by now, I will make a prayer to Saint Anthony in your behalf.

Zzotte

€60,-
a compact dry-bag along with ultra light sleeping bag, easily packed in a fab tote.. all measurements and weight according to regulations.. this, with my handbag go on board with me and the rest of the kit will go as checked in stuff.. the poles fit the back-pack nicely.
I'm glad you are feeling more confident now! One suggestion, though, is to switch bags - carry on your backpack with the sleeping bag and as many of the essentials as you can, instead of carrying them in a dry bag. Put the other things (mainly poles and sharps) in some sort of disposable bag or box to go as checked luggage. It does not need to be an official suitcase, but it should be well labelled. Your backpack is probably the most difficult/expensive items to replace, after your boots/shoes, which you are of course wearing on the plane.

I'm glad you are feeling more confident now! One suggestion, though, is to switch bags - carry on your backpack with the sleeping bag and as many of the essentials as you can, instead of carrying them in a dry bag. Put the other things (mainly poles and sharps) in some sort of disposable bag or box to go as checked luggage. It does not need to be an official suitcase, but it should be well labelled. Your backpack is probably the most difficult/expensive items to replace, after your boots/shoes, which you are of course wearing on the plane.
thanks C, yes, I could never have imagined just how much I got out of this Forum.. learning from other Pellegrinos, experience is a wonderful thing..

Dang - Peter, look, when we say pack light we don't actually mean throw your pack away to an airline!! Ok, you have it back now - marvellous ... breathe, relax .. all is well .. though ..what an utterly complicated way to get you off the Norte and onto the Frances!! .. so .. this is obviously! where you are supposed to be .. so stroll along, look at the views .. remember that you are the centre to which all of this wonderousness manifests .. and enjoy your pilgrimage!

I was going to suggest that you picked up a cheap backpack and loaded it with some of the stuff abandoned on the Roncesvalles table ... but there you are. equipped and already on your way - Enjoy, Peter, truly, enjoy!!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I have been very fortunate in this regard. Also I plan for delays when making the reservations. And if, after making the reservation months in advance, the flight setups are changed by the airlines in a way that nibbles away the plane changing allowance, I call and bug them to make it work. I point out that their changes make the connections impossible and make them adjust. (I have had some awkward moments on flights where everything was checked and then in mid trip I was stranded over night. Now I carry a toothbrush and some panties...beats sitting in a motel wrapped in a towel waiting for the panties I had worn to dry after my shower!) Are the airlines losing track of more packs these days? And how well does stuffing the backpack into the "carry on sizer" work out? (Remembering Ryanair's rules and reputation here, just as an example.) I don't think my pack could go carry on even in US domestic flights. Too bulky.

Good afternoon,
Same thing happened to me in 2014 on the CF. My return flight already booked so I holed up in Pamplona and did the touristy thing until it showed up three days later.
Coincidentally Pamplona is the end of the third stage so instead of heading to SJPP I just started from Pamplona.
I had to cut off a very beautiful part of the Camino but the tapas and wine and the sights, sounds and people more than made up for it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Things are going well. Spent couple of wonderful and restful days in Burgos and got into hornillos-caminoin in between storms yesterday.
Getting ready for another day.

Buen Camino everyone.

Things are going well. Spent couple of wonderful and restful days in Burgos and got into hornillos-caminoin in between storms yesterday.
Getting ready for another day.

Buen Camino everyone.

Soo glad you are doing well and safe..... hope the rest of your jour journey remains so!

Buen Camino!

In Sahagun, sadly my camino Frances has come to the end. Taking the train to Leon this afternoon and meeting a friend in Oviedo as originally planned and walking the primitivo to Santiago.
I will go meet the Lord in Oviedo and go meet his disciple in Santiago de Compostela.

God Bless!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What has happened? Are you ok? Buen Camino de la Vida, SY

PS Now I re-read your post, you had me frightened for a moment, so your Camino hasn't come to an end, you just switched Caminos - Good to hear!

Sorry for alarming.
Yes just a switch of camino. Looking forward to welcoming my friend to the camino tomorrow... He doesn't know what he is getting in to.. Haha

Hello everyone.
After all that I have arrived, Santiago de Compostela.
Primitivo was hard, but really beautiful and worth the effort that went into it.
Now off to three day walk to Finisterra tomorrow. Then back to Canada on the 8th..
Thank you for all the support you have given me in the difficult times at the beginning. I did find so much comfort and assurance through each one of you.

God Bless you all.
Peter

€46,-
Congratulations! Enjoy Finisterre.

Congratulations and well travelled @FrPeter to have reached your Caminos' destination of Santiago de Compostela... the joy is also in the journey...

A well earned and deserved rest at Finisterra awaits...

€60,-
Hello everyone.
After all that I have arrived, Santiago de Compostela.
Primitivo was hard, but really beautiful and worth the effort that went into it.
Now off to three day walk to Finisterra tomorrow. Then back to Canada on the 8th..
Thank you for all the support you have given me in the difficult times at the beginning. I did find so much comfort and assurance through each one of you.

God Bless you all.
Peter

Hey

Many congratulations and well done! Glad all went well!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back