• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am interested in hearing about your experience of walking the Way of St. James!

Katharina

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese in April 2016
Hello

My name is Katharina and I am interested in hearing about your experience of walking the Way of St. James!

My colleague Giana and I – we are both academic researchers from the University of London - are currently working on a research project where we explore how pilgrims experience the Way of St. James. To find answers to this question, we will walk the Portuguese route of the Way of St. James in April ourselves. But we are also very interested in talking to a range of people who have just finished the camino.

Therefore we will spend Easter in Santiago de Compostela. If you would like to share your experience with us, it would be great to meet you there. We plan to conduct interviews with pilgrims (it does not take longer than an hour) on 24.03./25.03./26.03./27.03.2016 in Santiago de Compostela.

Please get in touch to arrange an interview appointment. We can meet you near the Cathedral or near your hotel or wherever you prefer. Either contact me here in the forum or directly via email.

Katharina.husemann@royalholloway.ac.uk

Thank you so much and Buen Camino everyone!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello

My name is Katharina and I am interested in hearing about your experience of walking the Way of St. James!

My colleague Giana and I – we are both academic researchers from the University of London - are currently working on a research project where we explore how pilgrims experience the Way of St. James. To find answers to this question, we will walk the Portuguese route of the Way of St. James in April ourselves. But we are also very interested in talking to a range of people who have just finished the camino.

Therefore we will spend Easter in Santiago de Compostela. If you would like to share your experience with us, it would be great to meet you there. We plan to conduct interviews with pilgrims (it does not take longer than an hour) on 24.03./25.03./26.03./27.03.2016 in Santiago de Compostela.

Please get in touch to arrange an interview appointment. We can meet you near the Cathedral or near your hotel or wherever you prefer. Either contact me here in the forum or directly via email.

Katharina.husemann@royalholloway.ac.uk

Thank you so much and Buen Camino everyone!
Hi Katharina,

Good luck with your research project and your Camino. Unfortunately I will be walking the Camino Frances and then to Muxia and Finisterre in May/June so will not be around when you are in Santiago. It will be my third time there.

Buen Camino,

Mike

PS: I am an RHC graduate, one of the Pioneers (first male undergraduates 1965-1968).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Katharina,

Good luck with your research project and your Camino. Unfortunately I will be walking the Camino Frances and then to Muxia and Finisterre in May/June so will not be around when you are in Santiago. It will be my third time there.

Buen Camino,

Mike

PS: I am an RHC graduate, one of the Pioneers (first male undergraduates 1965-1968).

Dear Mike
thanks for wishing me luck. I am really excited about both this project and walking the camino. And you are a Royal Holloway Pioneer, that is is fantastic!! I will also conduct some interviews after I come back from my camino. Would you be interested in sharing some of your stories even though we cannot meet up in Santiago de Compostela?
All the best
Katharina

Interesting - if you hang out in the square in front of the cathedral you will encounter many pilgrims who have literally just arrived ... a good time to hear snapshot responses.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear Mike
thanks for wishing me luck. I am really excited about both this project and walking the camino. And you are a Royal Holloway Pioneer, that is is fantastic!! I will also conduct some interviews after I come back from my camino. Would you be interested in sharing some of your stories even though we cannot meet up in Santiago de Compostela?
All the best
Katharina
I'm happy to share my Camino experiences Katharina if you want to message me when you are back, meanwhile I hope your Camino goes well.

Mike

I'm happy to share my Camino experiences Katharina if you want to message me when you are back, meanwhile I hope your Camino goes well.

Mike

That would be great. I will message you as soon as I am back.
Thank you Mike. Looking forward to this.

Interesting - if you hang out in the square in front of the cathedral you will encounter many pilgrims who have literally just arrived ... a good time to hear snapshot responses.

Buen Camino!

Yes, I think that is a good idea. I will definitely try that.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back