• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am new here

JanskeMarie

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés - September 2019 / Camino de Madrid - September 2020
I am new here ... and I walked my first Camino last year, the very busy Camino Francés (This blogRiannes Camino Francés 2019 can be read here.) Now I have become infected with the well-known Camino virus, and I am also going to walk a Camino this year. It will be the lonely Camino Madrid, and will start in Madrid the second week of September.
I'm still reading, but I'm already enjoying your postings about Camino de Madrid.

I use a translate app, if there is sometimes a strange text

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
[QUOTE = "SabineP, bericht: 822190, lid: 8463"]
Hallo [USER = 93507] @JanskeMarie [/ USER] en welkom hier!

Net door uw blog gescrold. Goed gelezen.
(Net zelfs je blog bekeken. Leuk om te lezen!).
[/CITAAT]
Dank je wel Sabine!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hadn't thought of the heat! Thank you for the suggestion about GPS. Thinking of buying kindle version of Johnny Walker's Guide, perhaps that would help with directions?
Anyone have suggestions for accommodation in Cercedilla? Looking at Gronze the Albergue is only open Mon to Friday and has mixed reviews. I know there is a place near the train station (Hostal Aribel?) but it looks a bit out of town? I know that Nuala and others have opted for Las Dehesas a few km on.

Hadn't thought of the heat! Thank you for the suggestion about GPS. Thinking of buying kindle version of Johnny Walker's Guide, perhaps that would help with directions?
Anyone have suggestions for accommodation in Cercedilla? Looking at Gronze the Albergue is only open Mon to Friday and has mixed reviews. I know there is a place near the train station (Hostal Aribel?) but it looks a bit out of town? I know that Nuala and others have opted for Las Dehesas a few km on.
Hostal la Maya in the center of town. Aribel isn`t that far and is also on the way out of town when you walk to Segovia.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, Cercedilla to Segovia is long and hard, but for me the most beautiful and memorable day of the Camino de Madrid.
For me too. The feeling when you see Segovia in the distance after a lot of walking over the mountain.

Attachments

• Camino de Madrid (228).JPG
    Camino de Madrid (228).JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 29
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Hello. I stayed in the Albergue juvenil just about a kilometer up the road from the train station. I walked in 2016 and probably posted if you want to look them up.

I found the Madrid very well marked and no need for GPS or other tracking apps.

This is an excellent 12-14 day Camino. You get the mountains early, followed by pine forests and finishes with Meseta. After completion in Sahagun you can continue on the Frances, pick up the San Salvador in Leon and connect with the Primitivo or Norte in Oviedo.

Walked in April so heat was not an issue.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Happy for you......and you will not bee lonely.....entering Zahagun it’s full on and you look back happy for the days you’ve had...🙏🏼

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the long hard walk (but beautiful?) from Cercedilla to Segovia, I am thinking of splitting it and stopping in Granja then having a short 12K to Segovia the following day. So I will have the best part of an afternoon doing some sightseeing. I usually have a "tourist" day on my Camino but this time I am having some very short days. For instance the day after Segovia I will have the morning in Segovia and then after lunch, walk 3 K (!) to Zamarramala because I want to stay in the Albergue there which people say it great. So I have my "tourist" day in 2 parts and hopefully a much more enjoyable walk to Segovia??

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
[QUOTE = "nidarosa, post: 823152, lid: 2526"]
Welkom, [USER = 93507] @JanskeMarie [/ USER] en buen camino!
Linda
[/CITAAT]
How nice that I will meet you here Linda. My second name is Janskemarie as you will have noticed.
Greetings from Rianne

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_201324.jpg
    IMG_20190907_201324.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Hi. In Cercedilla there is no municipal shelter, only one reception in the sports center from Monday to Friday, but there are two hostels near Cecedilla (1 and 3 kms on the same road and after Cercedilla): Villa Castora and Las Dehesas. They are youth hostels and belong to the Community of Madrid. You can stay there. If you want, we wait for you at La Encomienda when you arrive at Manzanares el Real. Greetings. www.rayyrosa.com/camino-de-madrid

Hi. In Cercedilla there is no municipal shelter, only one reception in the sports center from Monday to Friday, but there are two hostels near Cecedilla (1 and 3 kms on the same road and after Cercedilla): Villa Castora and Las Dehesas. They are youth hostels and belong to the Community of Madrid. You can stay there. If you want, we wait for you at La Encomienda when you arrive at Manzanares el Real. Greetings. www.rayyrosa.com/camino-de-madrid
Thank you.I am also looking to staying at your Albergue on the 8th in Manzanares.
I believe there could be a fiesta in Ceredilla on the 9th?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you.I am also looking to staying at your Albergue on the 8th in Manzanares.
I believe there could be a fiesta in Ceredilla on the 9th?
I'm sorry we don't know if September 9 is a day holiday in Cercedilla. I think no. Will you come 1 or 2 people?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola,
Is there accommodation specifically for pilgrims in Segovia?
otherwise what albergues do you recommend?
Gracias
Hi gypsy
3 of us walking in early april. 2018 - we had not been able to walk Fuenfria pass due to snow and caught the train for the stage to Segovia. So we had time to look around Segovia in relaxed manner and walk out the 3.2klms to stay in the Albergue in Zamarramala. It’s good and little village has tiendas.

Greetings and look forward to checking out your blog later. I'm walking the Madrid route in September and it'll be my fifth camino in two years. I have a feeling that this will be the best yet. My focus will be on locating a plot of land to build it and IMHO this route will see the biggest growth in 5 years time. Maybe are paths will coss, Ultreia 🤠

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Albergue in Zamarramala ...yes, good.
I think I shall walk on after some sightseeing and stay here. I won't walk the entire Madrid Way as will scoot over from Burgos (the pleasures of mixing up Caminos).
Are you considering building an albergue on this plot of land, Derrybike?
Have a great Way and yes, I will report back!
Buen Camino

Are you considering building an albergue on this plot of land, Derrybike?
I'm lost, often the case what piece of land? I haven't walked it yet but I'm setting my intention to the universe. Can you recommend anywhere? 🤠

I am new here ... and I walked my first Camino last year, the very busy Camino Francés (This blogRiannes Camino Francés 2019 can be read here.) Now I have become infected with the well-known Camino virus, and I am also going to walk a Camino this year. It will be the lonely Camino Madrid, and will start in Madrid the second week of September.
I'm still reading, but I'm already enjoying your postings about Camino de Madrid.

I use a translate app, if there is sometimes a strange text
Welcome, and best of luck on the Madrid Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Greetings and look forward to checking out your blog later. I'm walking the Madrid route in September and it'll be my fifth camino in two years. I have a feeling that this will be the best yet. My focus will be on locating a plot of land to build it and IMHO this route will see the biggest growth in 5 years time. Maybe are paths will coss, Ultreia 🤠

Hello Derrybike
I hope you enjoy reading my Blog. Of course it is written in Dutch, but with a translation app that will be fine. I'm leaving Madrid on September 16 for my Camino ... I hope to meet you.

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back