• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

i am setting up my portuguese camino for sept 2nd.

james walter purdum iv

Time of past OR future Camino
camino francés sept 1, 2015
i want to see lisbon for a day then bus to fatima to attend the candle lit rosary on saurday nite and attend mass on sunday, then bus to porto and walk to santiago and then on to finnesterre and maxi...can it be done in 28 days? i walked the camino frances last september and took me 35 days. any and all help and suggestions would be helpful. i have a friend now heading to porto via lisbon and its been a struggle for him visually and long days. we walked together after meting after our stay in orisson.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
John Brierley's book has Porto >> Santiago in 9 stages, ranging from 18 to 33 km. Rounding out the stages, it's about 225 km Porto > Santiago (via ruta central). Sounds more than do-able with your time line, even if you want to take it slower.

I want to do the Porto - Santiago with a 9 yr old. Is it possible in 10 days? He's actually the one who wants yo do it with me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Depends on the child, but with the day-after-day distances, I'd think it would really be wearing on and difficult for most nine year olds. But you know your own son . . .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
i want to see lisbon for a day then bus to fatima to attend the candle lit rosary on saurday nite and attend mass on sunday, then bus to porto and walk to santiago and then on to finnesterre and maxi...can it be done in 28 days? i walked the camino frances last september and took me 35 days. any and all help and suggestions would be helpful. i have a friend now heading to porto via lisbon and its been a struggle for him visually and long days. we walked together after meting after our stay in orisson.
Coincidently I setup the same day too but this year! 2021. How was the weather? Did you need a poncho? How did u like it?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back