• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am trying to start from Logrono but no train on saturday from Madrid

Roxanne Schreiber

Time of past OR future Camino
Trying to do the Camino in mid to late June of 2014.
Hi amazing forum members, I only have 20 days of walking so am trying to start from Logrono. My flight gets into Madrid on Saturday morning and it does not appear that there are any trains from Madrid to Logrono on that day. Am I missing something? I can find trains to Pamplona and Burgos but not Logrono. Does anyone have suggestions? Also if I start at Pamplona somebody said something about having to bus to Ron... sp? to start. Is that true? Thanks so much.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Renfe is showing the following trains Madrid to Logrono Saturday 31 May

Tren / RecorridoSalidaLlegadaDuraciónPrecio desde*PrestacionesAccesible
flecha_rosa.gif
99434 AVE-LD07.3011.223 h. 52 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
99255 AVE-MD12.3016.354 h. 5 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
99430 AVE-LD15.3019.233 h. 53 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
99997 AVE-MD15.3019.454 h. 15 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
99978 AVE-MD19.3023.123 h. 42 min.
flecha_rosa.gif
Consultar y comprar
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver
flecha_rosa.gif
Ver

Go to http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

Buen Camino

Roxanne,

Last year I took a flight from Madrid to Logrono on Iberia Airlines. If memory serves me correctly, it wasn't expensive at all.

Arlène

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Iberia has flights Madrid to Logroño on Friday, May 30 (125€) and on Sunday, June01 (78€)
Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi amazing forum members, I only have 20 days of walking so am trying to start from Logrono. My flight gets into Madrid on Saturday morning and it does not appear that there are any trains from Madrid to Logrono on that day. Am I missing something? I can find trains to Pamplona and Burgos but not Logrono. Does anyone have suggestions? Also if I start at Pamplona somebody said something about having to bus to Ron... sp? to start. Is that true? Thanks so much.

Ron ... probably refers to Roncesvalles, preferred by many as starting point and located 80 km east of Pamplona. Since you likely don't have time to walk from Pamplona, you definately don't have time to walk from Roncesvalles.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Two years ago, I bought a bus ticket in terminal 4 of Bajaras airport direct to Logrono. Alsa bus, check here http://www.alsa.es/en/

It was a lovely trip and a great way to get over jet lag.

Roxanne:

Five buses on Saturday from Madrid T4 to Logrono. The cost is 18 euro's and takes just under 4 hours.

Ultreya,
Joe

Iberia does offer an 8:55pm flight everyday but Saturday ($98 to $121. one way).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I took a bus to Logrono from Madrid (Avenida Las Americas) and it was cheap, clean, comfortable, and convenient. Even if I had the train option, I would still opt to take the bus. I could had left from Barajas Airport- Terminal 4, but the next departure was sold-out. No biggie, I took a bus from Terminal 4 to the bus station at Avenida Las Americas and got on a bus to Logrono in no time. The bus stop at Logrono is about 10-15 minute walk to the Cathedral.

We are arriving in Madrid Saturday morning as well and going for the bus straight from airport to Logrono departs 10.40 18 euro, but if you don't make that one next one from airport is around 15.00 so won't get to Logrono till 19:00 so go into city and get bus from there.

If you decide to start walking from Pamplona.. you can! I started from there last fall, no trouble at all ;)
And no need to walk back to Roncesvalles either.
Just find the yellow arrows in town (or the outskirts) and off you go... buen camino!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I flew into Pamplona and took the bus to Logrono. Very easy.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back