• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I blame it on the Camino.............

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
This post is not strictly camino related, but it is due to the camino that I find myself in my current situation. On a recent visit to the UK to visit family, I met with two forum members, who incredibly live in the same small town in the south west of England as my daughter. We duly met up for a drink, and had such a wonderful get together that before we knew it, we were being informed by the landlord that we were the last ones standing in the pub and would we please leave, so we dutifully took our drinks outside and continued our conversation in the garden.

I eventually returned home that night on a bit of a high, both spiritually and alcoholically, and whilst in this slightly hazy state logged onto Facebook and responded positively to a plea from a local charity for someone to foster two four week old pups that had been abandoned in a rubbish bin in my home town of Cómpeta in Andalucia, southern Spain. Unfortunately this is not an unusual occurrence as local spanish people in this area generally don't neuter their dogs and for some reason think it is better to abandon the resultant puppies when they are a few weeks old rather than to euthanise them at birth.

I have been feeling guilty about not doing 'my bit' to help these abandoned animals for a long time, so although my dog and cat (and indeed my partner) are none too pleased about the intrusion into their lives, I am just telling them to blame it on the camino.

Incidentally, many dogs get re-homed to Northern Europe from this area, so if anyone is interested in adopting one or both of these delightful male pups, please let me know.

ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1386253629.145449.jpg

Apologies to the moderators for such an off-message post - just hoping to find these pups a home. I quite understand if you decide to remove this thread.

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back