• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I bought my ticket!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF: 2001, 02, 04, 14. Ourense to Santiago 2019.
Hello all,

I just purchased my ticket...October 8TH-23RD: next month.

The first two days and last two are travel days leaving me twelve walking days.

I will walk the last 100kms Sarria to Santiago during that time. If I can walk faster then I may attempt walking on to Muxía.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello all,

I will walk the last 100kms Sarria to Santiago during that time. If I can walk faster then I may attempt walking on to Muxía.

I’ve had to mourn the loss of the women who just five years ago averaged 30kms a day, winter camino 2014 SJPP to Fisterra, and same distances on all previous caminos.

With continued chemical remission, dietary, change and exercise she may return. But, for now, I have to work with who I am just now.

Barring a miracle, the autoimmune illness with which I was diagnosed four years ago is not going away, so I’m walking.

I was set on life-saving diagnosis trail a few months after completing camino number four, winter 2014, so I’m walking.

Okay my size 2/3/4 figure gave way to size 16, well 16/18 on a 5’2” frame, via 18 months on steroids.

I used to look like the small shapely Rootbeer bottle, now I resemble the 2L one: short, fat, brown, and round. But, I’m walking.

I have been medically stable for a year and a half, so I’m walking: as a fat woman.

These past six months I’ve dreamed of my perfect next camino Lourdes to SJPP to Muxía, with my perfect figure and so on. In time that will come.

But, for now I will walk what I can and thank Santiago for calling me to him once again.

I decided I would rather use 12 days to walk a 100 kilometers than continue giving buen caminos to others from my bed.
Congratulations on working with what you have! It’s the only option we really have, and your candor and optimism are a guide for us all.
Buen Camino !!
I just finished the Primitivo today, which was wonderful! I wish you all the best

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Buen camino and thank you for your post. I will be finishing my time on CI then Fisterra just as you start so I'll hold back some nice weather for you.

Hello all,

I’ve had to mourn the loss of the women who just five years ago averaged 30kms a day, winter camino 2014 SJPP to Fisterra, and same distances on all previous caminos.

With continued chemical remission, dietary, change and exercise she may return. But, for now, I have to work with who I am just now.

Barring a miracle, the autoimmune illness with which I was diagnosed four years ago is not going away, so I’m walking.

I was set on life-saving diagnosis trail a few months after completing camino number four, winter 2014, so I’m walking.

Okay my size 2/3/4 figure gave way to size 16, well 16/18 on a 5’2” frame, via 18 months on steroids.

I used to look like the small shapely Rootbeer bottle, now I resemble the 2L one: short, fat, brown, and round. But, I’m walking.

I have been medically stable for a year and a half, so I’m walking: as a fat woman.

These past six months I’ve dreamed of my perfect next camino Lourdes to SJPP to Muxía, with my perfect figure and so on. In time that will come.

But, for now I will walk what I can and thank Santiago for calling me to him once again.

I decided I would rather use 12 days to walk a 100 kilometers than continue giving buen caminos to others from my bed.

Bless your heart for courageously dealing with your illness and the changes it has dumped on you. Giving in and simply giving up is sooo tempting and easy to do, but your decision to take control and move forward is inspirational.

Jill and I will be on Camino Ingles during the same time frame, and we will be in SdC on October 22 and 23, so it looks like we will just miss you. I wish our paths would have been able to cross :)

I will look forward to reading about how things went for you. You are in my prayers, as I am sure you are with so many other Forum members.
- - Dave

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dearest NYC,
I am so happy for you to be doing a camino! ANY Camino is a wonderful thing! I am sooo very happy for you, my friend!!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
All the best to you and hope you keep posting while you are away, both here and on the special thread we share as besties on the Not! 😚

Hello all,

I am very happy to read your news, and wish you the very best of caminos. Are you going directly to Spain, or dipping down anywhere before or after? Let me know...

I am very happy to read your news, and wish you the very best of caminos. Are you going directly to Spain, or dipping down anywhere before or after? Let me know...

Straight there and back.

I have too many responsibilities to do otherwise.

Can’t wear out my cousin, my mom’s caretaker, while I am gone.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bless your heart for courageously dealing with your illness and the changes it has dumped on you. Giving in and simply giving up is sooo tempting and easy to do, but your decision to take control and move forward is inspirational.

Jill and I will be on Camino Ingles during the same time frame, and we will be in SdC on October 22 and 23, so it looks like we will just miss you. I wish our paths would have been able to cross :)

I will look forward to reading about how things went for you. You are in my prayers, as I am sure you are with so many other Forum members.
- - Dave

I pray Jill is still bugging you with questions.

Enjoy the way you two.

Buen camino.

Hello all,

All the best

Hello all,

i started typing, deleted three times and don’t really know what to say - other than that your head’s clearly in a good place. I hope you have another great experience. Arriving in Santiago may well mean more to you than most.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Looks are a lot less important than outlook, and yours is radiant. May this be your most rewarding pilgrimage to date!

Hello all,

I hope you get to walk to Muxia. I would like to do it if I have time after my Camino starting at the end of October. My daughter is also going to meet me in Santiago. She goes to graduate school in England. She isn't sure if she wants to walk and she is my angel and whatever my princess wants. It is a dream of mine to one day walk with one of my girls. What could be better than that????

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello all,

Sounds great! I did the Camino Frances in 2014. This year I'm working on the Piemont Pyrénées. Did the first part this spring, and will go to Lourdes to start the very last part to SJPdP from 18th of September.
Buon Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back