• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I couldn't resist...no-drone video round-up

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
I was so moved and inspired by the video featured in a recent thread that I felt compelled to make one in the same format. Nowhere near as professional as the video made by SummitXtreme, and with no drone footage, but I think it gives a real feel for all the wonderful sights and experiences over five camino routes covering 5,000 km (and all in under eight minutes!)...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm impressed with the photos, videos and editing. And then I realized that additionally you've done the production in such a short period of time. Now I'm totally impressed.

I run a program on embedded videos every now now then to be able to post an actual link instead of the video itself. Here's the link:

Another way to view the embedded video above is through this link:
I'm posting it this way so you can copy and paste the url to use elsewhere or maybe so you can view the video in full screen mode.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is spectacular and so perfect for a quick overview of the Camino when life becomes too busy to search utube, but need a "Camino fix"! I loved the "themes" and the inspiring music you chose to go along with the video's fast pace. It gave me goosebumps as I watched, and fueled my anticipation and excitement for my return in June to walk the LePuy route! You are artistically gifted and I thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. LOVED IT!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Isn't it funny how feet feature so heavily, something we'd usually never take a photo of, but so important. Love the long shadows too, took me back to early morning on the road. Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm watching this and the drone video whilst having a siesta in Laguardia in the Rioja. What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon! Thank you, Maggie, for a wonderful collection of images. I didn't even know you had made any videos. I must have a go as soon as I can get out of bed.

PS. What is the music?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Margaret. The music is 'run boy run' by Woodkid and 'imagine the fire' by Hans Zimmer.

I hope the camino is being kind to you.

Having the weekend off exploring the Rioja. There are plenty of buses!

The videos were great. I watched two to three each day and looked forward to watching more the next day. I plan on watching them all again before my walk.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm impressed with the photos, videos and editing. And then I realized that additionally you've done the production in such a short period of time. Now I'm totally impressed.

I run a program on embedded videos every now now then to be able to post an actual link instead of the video itself. Here's the link:

Another way to view the embedded video above is through this link:
I'm posting it this way so you can copy and paste the url to use elsewhere or maybe so you can view the video in full screen mode.

Hi @Rick of Rick and Peg. Thanks for your input. Perhaps in future I should embed and post the direct link.
Maggie

Thanks one and all for such positive comments. Makes it all absolutely worthwhile.

Perhaps in future I should embed and post the direct link.
That can be difficult. The forum software automatically edits your posts when you submit them. For example if you enter a URL as regular text, such as http://www.example.com/camino/ , the software will turn the text into a hot link. If your URL is to youtube or vimeo (or possibly other websites) then the software will change your input to output that viewers' browsers will interpret to show an embedded video instead of either text or a hot link. You have to be really tricky to make your input avoid this automatic change. I found a very complicated way to do this and I wrote a program to go to a named forum webpage to grab the URL used with an embedded video and convert it into text that I can then submit to the forum such that the output will be a hot link instead of an embed.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My last comment was a little rushed. SummitXtreme on YouTube has a packing video, 32 videos of him walking the Camino, and a summary video. The videos are professional done and very entertaining. Every day I looked forward to watching at least three of his videos. He was in Miami when the last hurricane struck and it and a side job delayed his 32nd video. He gives you tips and beautiful photography as he walks the Camino. The videos are well done and worth your time to watch.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.