• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I did it, I did it....I booked my flights.

Tumbleweed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Hello all,

I want to share a wee bit of excitement (just a wee bit) LOL :D

After months and months of looking at airfare, I did it....CONFIRMATION

I can't explain the jubilation that I experienced when I saw that "confirmation" I giggeled like a young school girl. It's so sureal....I'm actually going to walk the Camino.

Praise God and God Bless,
Angela

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I felt the same way when I booked my flights which was this Tuesday!!!! So happy for you and can't wait to see more posts about prep, excitement, hopes and your experience. Congratulations for investing in YOU. I am going in September - maybe our paths will cross. Buen Camino!

paigehamm said:
I felt the same way when I booked my flights which was this Tuesday!!!! So happy for you and can't wait to see more posts about prep, excitement, hopes and your experience. Congratulations for investing in YOU. I am going in September - maybe our paths will cross. Buen Camino!
Hi Paige, thank you, isn't it a thrill? I almost booked on Tuesday, but I held out just a bit longer and saved a whopping .60 cents. LOL :D I am so happy for you too, and how appropriate that you would be the first to reply. You'll never guess where I live, one hint, we are neighbors. I too am going in September, flying into Paris. I shall take my first steps onto the Camino the morning of Sept 4, God willing. My planning has been over a year in the making with many highs and lows, goals met and sacrifices made. How's your planning been?

Buen Camino, :arrow:
Angela

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Oh my gosh! How cool that we live close by! I ummm decided to do this well uh last Tuesday randomly and got my ticket the next Tuesday. My story is http://thepaigeperspective.wordpress.html but seriously no obligation to check it out. I get to Paris August 31st so I bet our paths will cross. How exciting! This whole thing has just felt so meant to be. Can you believe it? This is going to change our lives. I look forward to high fiving (I work with elementary school kids) very soon.

No, Idaho 8)

That is so awesome how you just decided and away you go. Sometimes the long wait has been torture. I've asked God a few times....Can't I just go to Disneyland instead...LOL But seriously, I am soo excited for you and depending on how fast or slow you walk, then yes, we should somehow, someway met up. I will check out your website, thanks for sharing.

I would like to PM you regarding gear and the like, just to get some general ideas and to see if I'm on the right track. Is this okay with you?

Buen Camino :arrow:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Absolutely it is OK to PM me and my email is: paigehamm@gmail.com. The prep process is thrilling and scary too. Well I can say I have been to Boise and we really are close neighbors. I would love to encourage and support you through your journey so keep in touch.

Absolutely, yes, and I have purchased most of my gear and checked of some things from my list so if you have any questions or just want to scream with excitement feel free to get a hold of me....High Five!! I read your blog, very good. I've thought may times about writing my story. Is it easy to start a blog?

Besides you, who's the most happy for you Angela? :arrow: This guy!

Smiling big for you right now.

You are on your Way,
Simeon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
"Can't I just go to Disneyland" very funny. This is more like the never ending roller coaster rides... Turns out, I'm just below both of you. Start my Camino in mid September. Buen

Great news I am dealing with airlines right now hoping to seal a deal soon.

Trevor

Okay Paige and Angela, we have the Pacific Northwest covered. My husband and I are from Seattle/Tacoma area and booked our tickets on Tuesday!!!. We arrive in Paris on August 15th but we walk very slow so you may (probably will) catch up with us.
Lynda and Dale

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Lynda and Dale, How cool! I have actually been a little hermit the last couple of years but the Camino calling has really felt like even before going has brought me this new wonderful Camino family. I do hope our paths cross and am thrilled for you two. I am so impressed by couples who make such a wonderful commitment like this to themselves and each other. :razz: Buren Camino!

Great to hear that your booked, I just booked my flights too. Does anyone know if you can put up a tent if you can't reach a hostel?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
mralisn said:
Besides you, who's the most happy for you Angela? :arrow: This guy!

Smiling big for you right now.

You are on your Way,
Simeon
Simeon, you are so sweet - Thank you for sharing in my joy.
Step by step,
Angela

Lyndale said:
Okay Paige and Angela, we have the Pacific Northwest covered. My husband and I are from Seattle/Tacoma area and booked our tickets on Tuesday!!!. We arrive in Paris on August 15th but we walk very slow so you may (probably will) catch up with us.
Lynda and Dale

Yes, we represent the USA very well, I will look for you along the way. Very excited for the both of you.

Can I ask, how are you getting to St Jean from Paris? I've looked at many options, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a short flight then the train.

Buen Camino,
Angela

trevorcc said:
Great news I am dealing with airlines right now hoping to seal a deal soon.

Trevor
Hey Trevor - From what I've seen, prices won't go down anytime soon. When are you planning on going and what city are you flying into?

Happy for you,
Angela

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Larricka said:
"Can't I just go to Disneyland" very funny. This is more like the never ending roller coaster rides... Turns out, I'm just below both of you. Start my Camino in mid September. Buen
Hi - I'm planning on walking to Finisterre - maybe I'll see you reach Santiago when I get back there after the coast. Keep in touch - Buen Camino :D

I'm just walking from SJPdP to Santiago but my son is continuing on to finisterre. I'll need some time to recoup in Santiago. Flying out of DUB ($400.00 cheaper than CDG) and will give me additional time for exploring. I will miss this great SFO weather.

If y'all get this excited over merely booking the plane tickets can't imagine how great your euphoria once you actually set out on the Camino. No need to elevate your expectations but you are going to have the time of your lives. Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I booked my flight today....leaving Aug. 29 to madrid, then I start walking from Burgos. A little scary, but I am looking forward to it! This is actually going to happen!

Angela
Probably should have flown to Madrid. It looks less complicated and less expensive to get to St Jean. We chose Paris as until yesterday all bookings on Iceland Air were partnered with Alaska Air and we will be getting lots of miles. Also, we got the flight with 18 hour layover in Iceland so we have time for a short excursion.
As fior getting to St Jean I have no idea what we are going to do. Ryan Air appears to have cheap flights but from Paris the closest we can get is Santander. They don't appear to go to many cities from Paris. We may do this as the flight was cheap and then maybe a bus or two will get us there.
The other choice was a train but have not got enough info for a final decision.
What airline are you going on and how are you getting to ST Jean?
Lynda

Lyndale said:
As fior getting to St Jean I have no idea what we are going to do. Ryan Air appears to have cheap flights but from Paris the closest we can get is Santander. They don't appear to go to many cities from Paris. We may do this as the flight was cheap and then maybe a bus or two will get us there.
Lynda[/color]

Lynda,

EasyJet has cheap flights from Paris CDG to Biarritz. See this link >> http://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights ... e/Biarritz From Biarritz airport you could then take the bus to Bayonne train station (Gare SNCF) and then take the TER line 62 train to SJPdP..

Another alternative is to take the train directly from Paris. You can see schedules up to 3 months in advance at this SNCF (French Nationl Rail Road ) link. http://www.voyages-sncf.com/.

1. There are trains that go from CDG airport.These are SNCF TGV (Tres Grand Express) from CdG Paris 2 airport to BORDEAUX and which then connect with another TGV to Bayonne and a TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP.

2. The route is generally a TGV train from the Paris Gare Montparnasse to Bayonne and then a regional TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP. Generally there are 4 TGV trains to Bayonne from Paris Montparnasse each day and many TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP.

3. If you wish you could take the regular overnight train from Paris Gare Austerlitz to Bayonne to connect with a morning TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

You NEED a reservation for any TGV train and it is cheaper to book the ticket well in advance; you do NOT need a reservation for the TER line 62. You can buy both tickets on-line at the same time. However you can also book everything with a live clerk at the station the day of departure if you wish.

Happy planning and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Lyndale said:
Angela
Probably should have flown to Madrid. It looks less complicated and less expensive to get to St Jean. We chose Paris as until yesterday all bookings on Iceland Air were partnered with Alaska Air and we will be getting lots of miles. Also, we got the flight with 18 hour layover in Iceland so we have time for a short excursion.
Lynda
Hi Lynda,

Congrats on your flight purchase, how very exciting, you must be thrilled. My roundtrip is with Delta - I fly from Boise to MSP to CDG in 13 hours - I will stay one night in Paris at what looks like a nice Hostel, close to the Metro.(HostelWorld.com) The next morning I fly EasyJet from CDG to Biarritz...bus to Bayonne then train to St Jean where I will stay one night. Then I trust the arrows. :arrow: (Thank you Margaret for posting the train info, I was wondering about that myself.) I took the Paris roundtrip because it was the shortest, I feel I got a decent price and hey, who doesn't love Paris. Also, from what I've read on this forum, getting to St Jean from Madrid requires a train, a bus and or a taxi, and as a personal preference I didn't want to cover ground I would be walking the next day. On the way home I will fly Vueling from Santiago to CDG stay a night or two in Paris then fly from CDG to SLC to Boise in 13.5 hours.

My original plan was always to fly into Paris (I've been before and absolutely love it.) then to fly home from Madrid. What changed my mind about Madrid was how long the flights were. 20 to 25 hours or more with an additional stop and I wouldn't get to Boise until midnight. The roundtrip Paris is perfect for me. I hope that I have offered a little insight. Just remember, it is your Camino and your Camino started the day you decided to go. Please don't second guess what has already been done, all will work out just the way it was designed.

God Bless you and I wish you a very Buen Camino,
Angela

ktchnofdngr said:
I booked my flight today....leaving Aug. 29 to madrid, then I start walking from Burgos. A little scary, but I am looking forward to it! This is actually going to happen!

Hello ktchnofdngr,

Yes, yes, yes, you did it!! Congratulations! It is a little scary but the biggest part is taken care of, no need to think about it anymore. Now to concentrate on training, packing list and getting to the airport on time LOL :D

God Bless and Buen Camino,
Angela

I am also booking today. Will fly in to Paris and out from Barcelona to Australia. Leaving September 13the and having 2 day weekend in Paris first then will train to St Jean.

A

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Awesome for all of us! Maybe we will see each other on the trail!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back