• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I forgot my boots at Logroño!

Ericvruder

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Asto.-Sant)
Portuguese (Porto-Sant.)
Via de plata (Cace. -Zamo.)
Frances (St. J.-Logr.)
I’ve just done a stage of the Camino Frances, and I finished in Logroño just a few days ago. In my rush to get to the bus in order to catch my plane on time, I forgot my boots at the albergue municipal!
I was wondering if anyone would be passing by Logroño soonish, and would be willing to mail me my boots back?
I haven’t had that much luck trying to communicate with the albergue, I managed to get a hold of them right after I left Logroño, but I haven’t been able to get ahold of them since, that’s why I’m trying this forum :)
I will of course pay anything up front, and I have a picture that really closely resembles my boots.
I really hope someone can help!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I knew someone who left their boots. They used the transport service (Jaco?) to transport them. The albergue tagged the boots, they were picked up and delivered. Easy peasy. Hope you experience the same.

I’ve just done a stage of the Camino Frances, and I finished in Logroño just a few days ago. In my rush to get to the bus in order to catch my plane on time, I forgot my boots at the albergue municipal!
I was wondering if anyone would be passing by Logroño soonish, and would be willing to mail me my boots back?
I haven’t had that much luck trying to communicate with the albergue, I managed to get a hold of them right after I left Logroño, but I haven’t been able to get ahold of them since, that’s why I’m trying this forum :)
I will of course pay anything up front, and I have a picture that really closely resembles my boots.
I really hope someone can help!
All I can think of right now is the name of the person who organises all the hospitaleros, and the office is in Logroño...perhaps if you send her an email, she might be able to track your boots, and even post them on to you. This is just me, thinking aloud. Here is her email address, and you can decide if you want to try that. To the best of my knowledge she speaks English. She certainly understands written English. Sorry for your trouble, and I hope it works out for you.
anahosvol@caminosantiago.org
And her name is Anai

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If in doubt, compose a message in Spanish using an online translator like Microsoft Translate or Google Translate. Be sure to include the English source language below the Spanish text.

Don't forget to offer to pay for shipping, via PayPal, or direct electronic transfer, if you have this capability. Finally, depending on where 'home' is, shipping the boots may cost more than replacing them... just sayin...

Hope this helps.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Several years ago while on the Frances I met a married couple on the Frances and we walked together for a few days and they were to stop their Camino in Burgos and take the train home from there. We stayed at the big municipal albergue there. We exchanged contact information. I stayed an extra day in Burgos and on the afternoon they left they sent me a message that the wife had left her Merrell shoes at the albergue and if I could would I go there and retrieve them and if possible mail them to them. I was staying at a private albergue the second night so I walked to the big municipal in hopes of locating the shoes. I spoke to the hospitalero and told him of the situation and that they were Merrell women's shoes and I had the size and color. I believe they had blue or pink trim on them, so I figured they would be easy to locate. They were not and they were gone. The hospitalero was not surprised. I guess I was not either. I do remember feeling a bit odd poking about so many sets of smelly footwear in those slide out rack things they have there and inspecting individual sets of women's shoes to look at the size and make etc. That was weird for me.
I am only recounting this story not to get the OP discouraged but to perhaps relay the reality of the situation, and that being that the shoes are in all likelihood gone. Still, I wish the best of luck nonetheless.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.