Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I have changed my route almost as many times as I changed my major when in college.

JCarpenter

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, Fr2022
Invierno, here we come. I will be walking some of the France- Pamplona to Logrono, then from Ponferrada on. I wanted to introduce my husband to the Frances- his first camino, then a less crowded,and a beautiful route. Will we find private rooms? That is my first question. And my second, how will the weather compare to the Frances. Any differences? So excited. Packing already. Leaving the last week in June. And thank you in advance for any ideas. This is a great bunch of folks!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A quick look at Gronze shows lots of private rooms.

Will we find private rooms?
I haven't walked the Invierno but am seriously looking at it as an option for May. My impression is that you might find private rooms more often than albergues on the Invierno.
how will the weather compare to the Frances. Any differences?
Looking at Google Earth, I can see that the Invierno and Frances routes are never more than about 30-35 km apart, and the topography/landforms look similar. So, I would expect very similar climates.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have walked the Camino del Norte and the Camino Primitivo, and there are plenty of private accommodations along these routes! You have many choices, and it also depends on what your time frame is. I would imagine you are planning on arriving to Santiago de Compostela?
In June the northern part of the peninsula will have perfect weather for walking, whereas in the Francés it definitely will be warmer.
Here is a link to many of the Caminos with a breadth of information:

Thankbyou! I always forget about Gronze

Thank you, without spelling mistakes.

I haven't walked the Invierno but am seriously looking at it as an option for May. My impression is that you might find private rooms more often than albergues on the Invierno.

Looking at Google Earth, I can see that the Invierno and Frances routes are never more than about 30-35 km apart, and the topography/landforms look similar. So, I would expect very similar climates.
I was hoping this is true, and that one little hill didn't cause a different climate, as seems to be the case on this peninsula called Spain. I will stick to my current packing list.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Will we find private rooms?
My impression is that you might find private rooms more often than albergues on the Invierno.
@C clearly is right. If you prefer private rooms, you are going to have no problem finding places to stay. Our forum guide, which you can see here, has not been updated since 2019, but nearly all of the private accommodation information is still accurate. The main additions to the accommodation since that time have been the albergues, which you can now find in Villavieja, Puente Domingo Flórez, Monforte, Chantada, Rodeiro, and Lalín.

Let us know how it goes, I am a real Invierno cheerleader, but there are many of us on the forum!

@C clearly is right. If you prefer private rooms, you are going to have no problem finding places to stay. Our forum guide, which you can see here, has not been updated since 2019, but nearly all of the private accommodation information is still accurate. The main additions to the accommodation since that time have been the albergues, which you can now find in Villavieja, Puente Domingo Flórez, Monforte, Chantada, Rodeiro, and Lalín.

Let us know how it goes, I am a real Invierno cheerleader, but there are many of us on the forum!
Thankbyoubso much for the link, and the encouragement.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back