• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I have decided to do something new: A Camino blog!

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
LOL. I have created my own blog, just for the fun of it, but also to share with my girlfriend whose knees prohibit her from walking. I have had so much fun reading other people's blogs, so I think I will give it a shot. So if you want to join me, I am here:

http://alexwalkercamino.blogspot.no/

Here we go!

Again: LOL

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Blogs are an excellent forum for the first time Camino pilgrims to write and for planning purposes. It becomes a wonderful diary that those of us who precedes you can send notes of suggestions. A blog is the next best thing to walking with a companion who doesn't speak.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Finally a blog that I can keep up with everyday! Love blogs about the Camino and Spain...I've been Rebekah Scott's, but I am still in 2008!

I'll be a month behind you. Like you, planning on a slow start for the first week.

What part of Norway are you from? Spent time in my youth in Hvaler. Love Norway, especially in the summer.

Kris

LOL. I have created my own blog, just for the fun of it, but also to share with my girlfriend whose knees prohibit her from walking. I have had so much fun reading other people's blogs, so I think I will give it a shot. So if you want to join me, I am here:

Here we go!

I'm following your blog and hope to start a few days before you. Tried to comment, not sure if it worked.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Here we go!

Go for it Alex! Blogging is wonderful!

Alex,

Looking forward to following you!!
Welcome to the bloggers club.
Your boots look great!
Savor "the time it takes".

Carpe Diem,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Alex,
Your blog looks great :)
Your boots give me flashbacks to Bardufoss/Rusta, 30 years ago, haha ;)
Thank you for sharing

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi AlexWalker,
I've visited your blog but can't see what I need to do to follow you. What am I missing?
Only a few days left for you.
Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will follow you on your blog as you go Alex. I am looking forward to it. Buen camino "young man!" Thank you for sharing.

I've visited your blog but can't see what I need to do to follow you. What am I missing?
John, I have checked. Am not able to create a "follow" function. Give me time here. May be some template stuff. I am also not sure how to update the blog only via my iPhone (my only electronic gadget on my Way): Advice much appreciated. Maybe I have taken a mouthful here? Do I have to use a PC in albergues to show you updates? With a cord to my iPhone for pictures?...

Hmm: I just realised that I have complicated my life a bit. Should I just kill the blog and walk on happily, in solitude or with Camino friends? See my above concerns.

I am concerned that my blog would obsess my walking efforts, and that I would focus more on it than on simply walking?

Last edited:
Alex,

I have used Flickr ever since 2009. It is easy to open an account and set up your photostream. Since you are shooting with an iphone/smartphone once you open an account you can then make a link to automatically post to your blog and send the photo to your photostream with one click. Try it!

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
John, I have checked. Am not able to create a "follow" function. Give me time here. May be some template stuff. I am also not sure how to update the blog only via my iPhone (my only electronic gadget on my Way): Advice much appreciated. Maybe I have taken a mouthful here? Do I have to use a PC in albergues to show you updates? With a cord to my iPhone for pictures?...

I can't offer advice for I don't know:(

Like you, I'm starting to realise what it means to run a blog during my Camino. :eek:

Anyway, que sera, sera.

Buen Camino

alexwalker, I am looking forward to reading your blog. This may sound strange, but I have always gotten such a friendly feeling from your posts. Excited to follow along with your journey.

Hallo!!! Great blog!!! I will read everything because it will be great help for my planning for my camino that i am planning on doing in July. Yesterday i downloaded this app at my phone so i haven't actually understood how it really works and where do i place my questions. The sure thing is that all this sharing is a great help for new people that are trying to find informations about the camino.how can i become a follower so i can read everything that u post?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back