• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I have two lists of Albergues to stay at.

aname4me

aname4me
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, (2021)
I have two lists (PDF) of Albergues to stay at.

The first... is a list of the Albergues my Wife and I stayed at on our third Camino in Sept-Oct 2017.

If, like us, you are a retired couple who doesn't do well with others Snoring, with public washrooms, with people who insist of talking after lights out, with people who think reading with a light, after lights out, is OK, with morning bag rustlers........ this list is for you. Enjoy.

The second... is a proposed list, of places to stay. I am planning on a 4th Camino, but it will be a Solo-Camino. I have composed a list of (mostly) bunk room style Albergues, and I've tried to include as many Communal-Suppers as possible.

I would greatly appreciate any constructive comment on this second list to help improve it.

Attachments

• 1 2017 Camino Albergue.pdf
    139.7 KB · Views: 799
  • 2 Albergues with a Communal Meal.pdf
    137 KB · Views: 468
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Couldn't go through all on the list 2 but definitely recommend Casa Magica at Villatuerta. Molino Galachos both of those if they have the same people running them as in 2016. However both are fascinating buildings. Santa Irena is a very pleasant, well run, small albergue.

The first... is a list of the Albergues my Wife and I stayed at on our third Camino in Sept-Oct 2017.

If, like us, you are a retired couple who doesn't do well with others Snoring, with public washrooms, with people who insist of talking after lights out, with people who think reading with a light, after lights out, is OK, with morning bag rustlers........ this list is for you. Enjoy.

The second... is a proposed list, of places to stay. I am planning on a 4th Camino, but it will be a Solo-Camino. I have composed a list of (mostly) bunk room style Albergues, and I've tried to include as many Communal-Suppers as possible.

I would greatly appreciate any constructive comment on this second list to help improve it.
This is an amazing resource and thank you for compiling it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hi we are walking the comino in sept some of the prices for the alberges on your first list was that per couple we are trying to work out the finaces it all seems a bit pricey

Hi we are walking the camino in september i have just been looking a two list on here and wondered how the prices work for the albrges do some charge per couple or is it all done on single we aer tryinig to do finaces on accom it all seems very pricey please advise xx

Hi we are walking the camino in september i have just been looking a two list on here and wondered how the prices work for the albrges do some charge per couple or is it all done on single we aer tryinig to do finaces on accom it all seems very pricey please advise xx

A Double Room is a price for both people. So.. €40 is like €20each
The ONLY exception we found was Hotel Real Monasterio San Zoilo in Carrión de los Condes... Avoid.! !

€40 should give you your own room, your own bathroom, clean linen, fresh towels.... and a good sleep.

My suggested budget of a €100/day is for a couple traveling and staying together.... €50each/day

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you getting a bit worried it was going to cost a lot of money just for a bed
We had planed to go for 2 1/2 months i dont want to rush or have to skip on a bus x

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Esto es brillante ! very useful :)

Muchas gracias..

Thanks for sharing, I will check it out.

Two on your List #2 that I think aren't to be missed are "En El Camino" in Boadilla (Eduardo is a great guy) and "Albergue Ultreia" in Castrojerez. At Ultreia, the storytelling and wine cellar underground tour (he says partly Roman built) by the hospitalero are so fun. The host doesn't speak English, but he finds some peregrino to translate as he talks (it was me last time I stayed). He is dramatic and hilarious. It is owned/run by a husband and wife, and she cooks dinner. They also has a nice backyard with a stone foot bath.

At Virgen de Camino, I strongly recommend taking the side route through Oncina de Valdoncina and staying at Albergue El Pajar de Oncina. It's been described elsewhere on the forum. Wonderful folks and atmosphere.

In Lorca, there are two albergues right across from each other on the narrow street you pass through. The one on the right is run by Jose Ramon, and it was his family's house. He's very sweet and dinner together is nice there.

Pictures below are of El Pajar in Oncina and of Jose Ramon at Albergue de Lorca

Attachments

• El pajar.jpg
    El pajar.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 9 Jose Ramon 2017.jpg
    9 Jose Ramon 2017.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Places I've stayed in that are on the lists:

Puenta la Reina – Hostal Jakue. stayed in Hostal section. Very clean and tranquil, great food.

Fromista – Hostal Camino de Santiago – clean and comfortable but that is a public children's playground in front and it can get very noisy as kids get taken there to let off steam before their siesta!

Astorga – why avoid Albergue de Peregrinos San Javier? Charming place, owned by Gaspar who also owns the Gaudi and the Posada in Rabanal and run by his son. If you stay at the Gaudi try for one of the rooms in the front - a little bit noisy but you can stand and watch the Camino walk past!

Rabanal - Hostal El Refugio still run by Antonio’s son Tonio? Clean, cool and tranquil - Hospitaleros from Gaucelmo eat here!

Two on your List #2 that I think aren't to be missed are "En El Camino" in Boadilla
They now have a hotel next to the albergue, run by the same family. Lovely if you want a break from dormitaries. You can still eat with everyone else at the albergue.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back