Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

I just did it!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Past OR future Camino
I'm so excited, just got tickets to Porto today and heading off to my Camino first time, in solitude, in May! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!
Hi Cathy
The Camino da Costa was my fourth time on the Camino and my third complete one. it was also my wettest, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route. I am sure you will love it.
Buen Camino
Vince

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Leemac40

Past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago
I'm so excited, just got tickets to Porto today and heading off to my Camino first time, in solitude, in May! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!
So excited for you, it will enlighten your life, I will never forget my popping my Camino cherry! I'm also looking forward to doing that route in May, maybe see you there 👍 (I'll be the one going in the wrong direction!)

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
So excited for you, it will enlighten your life, I will never forget my popping my Camino cherry! I'm also looking forward to doing that route in May, maybe see you there 👍 (I'll be the one going in the wrong direction!)
Thank you, I’m sure you will find the right way 😊 see you there 👍

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Hi Cathy
The Camino da Costa was my fourth time on the Camino and my third complete one. it was also my wettest, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route. I am sure you will love it.
Buen Camino
Vince
Thank you 🙏 Hopefully in May on Costal will be perfect. You too Buen Camino in future!

The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

EMILE M

Past OR future Camino
I WALKED THE ENTIRE CAMINO FRANCES IN FALL 2011, ALSO I WALKED FROM LE PUY EN VELAY TO CAHORS, FRANCE IN MAY, 2013 (About 350 Km) I PLAN TO WALK THE CAMINO DEL NORTE IN MID SEPTEMBER (2015)
I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto, then slightly better after Porto. The Camino da Costa portion was very nice, closer to the beach and cooler. Enjoy 😊

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Loved the Camino Costa. Started in Porto finished in Santiago in September 2019. Recommend crossing Rio Nieve and seeing Baselica Santi Jacobi in Castelo do Neiva.
Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion, looks lovely!

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto, then slightly better after Porto. The Camino da Costa portion was very nice, closer to the beach and cooler. Enjoy 😊
Thank you so much!

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Arniece2022

Past OR future Camino
Future Frances
So happy for you!! :) Isn't this all so exciting? I was originally going to walk Frances for my first, but I think it's going to be very busy - so I'm considering Portugal instead. Plan to begin April 22.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
So happy for you!! :) Isn't this all so exciting? I was originally going to walk Frances for my first, but I think it's going to be very busy - so I'm considering Portugal instead. Plan to begin April 22.
Well done you! It’s months to go and I’m planning already from socks to silencing earbuds :) Buen Camino!

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route
I'm planning to start from Lisbon on April 20th - hope that there's no "biblical" rains then.
I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto,
Or too much heat! 😀

ghanem

May all be blessed, loved & guided 🌱🙂💙☀️
Past OR future Camino
'15 C.F. (SJP), '16 C. Norte, '17 Portugués-Lisboa
Buen Camino @Cathy78 🌻🌸🤠👍👍
Merry Christmas & happy new year to you and to everyone.
May you be blessed, loved and guided all the way & beyond... Happy times!!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

oiram

Past OR future Camino
Voie d'Arles, camino frances, Lisbonne à Santiago
Ici tu seras comme chez toi, j'y étais en juin 2021. Bom caminho !
Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto
+351 220 140 515

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Ici tu seras comme chez toi, j'y étais en juin 2021. Bom caminho !
Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto
+351 220 140 515
Great, thanks 🙏

adventurekq

Ross & Kathleen
Past OR future Camino
2012 Camino Frances
2022 Caminho Portugues
Bom Caminho, Cathy! We're moving to Porto in 30 days (!!!!) and plan to do the Caminho Portugues in October. We did the Camino Frances in 2012 and have been dreaming of another wonderful Camino for 10 years. Ultreia!

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.

Anthony Coyne

Past OR future Camino
Camino Portugal Coastal (2018)
Likewise here. A group of us are cycling the coastal route in May. Flights booked to Porto with bicycles in cargo. Return flights to Dublin also booked from SdC…

TangoBravo

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013, Norte 2016, Muxia/Finisterra 2016, Portuguese 2017
Cathy78,
My wife and I are also going to try and do the coastal route in May. It'll be my 5th and her 2nd. Maybe we'll see you along the Way. Just a suggestion if you're wanting to get to walking. Since Porto airport is so far to the North and most planes from Madrid (if you're going that way) will be landing at around noon or 1pm, it's easy to strap the backpack on at the airport and start walking. You can find the camino within a couple of blocks. Then the split (interior/coastal) happens rather quickly thereafter. We're planning on just walking and make it to the albergue in LaBruge around 3pm or so. Good luck peregrina!

MarcosdeParticuba

Past OR future Camino
Francés (2012), Piémont + Norte (2013), Plata + Mo(2014), Levante, Portugués (2016), Francés (2018)
Having been fortunate to pedal along the Portuguese coast myself, I can’t say enough about the amazing and beautiful March 2019 video Efrén González published in November 2021 on youtube : Hiking 280 km along the Costa Verde | Porto to Santiago. A great preview for Kathy, Kurt, Leamac and other future pilgrims.

Last edited:

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Bom Caminho, Cathy! We're moving to Porto in 30 days (!!!!) and plan to do the Caminho Portugues in October. We did the Camino Frances in 2012 and have been dreaming of another wonderful Camino for 10 years. Ultreia!
Thank you, wow congratulations 🎉 Bom Caminho and have a happy life in Porto!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Cathy78,
My wife and I are also going to try and do the coastal route in May. It'll be my 5th and her 2nd. Maybe we'll see you along the Way. Just a suggestion if you're wanting to get to walking. Since Porto airport is so far to the North and most planes from Madrid (if you're going that way) will be landing at around noon or 1pm, it's easy to strap the backpack on at the airport and start walking. You can find the camino within a couple of blocks. Then the split (interior/coastal) happens rather quickly thereafter. We're planning on just walking and make it to the albergue in LaBruge around 3pm or so. Good luck peregrina!
Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll land in Porto airport and planning to get metro to get closer to the center of city and stay first night in Porto 😊 So I’ll be ready to walk next day 🙌

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Camino Way Markers
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Roland49

Past OR future Camino
CF2019, CP2022?
As far as all will sort out, I'll start on April, 1st. No joke.
I only get vacation on easter-break. Flights not booked yet, prizes and departing airport not fixed (can choose from different options for that day).

I will walk the CP da Costa and try to reach Finisterre.
It's my second Camino after the CF in 2019.

Hope you enjoy your Camino!

Bom Caminho!
Roland

Cathy78

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
As far as all will sort out, I'll start on April, 1st. No joke.
I only get vacation on easter-break. Flights not booked yet, prizes and departing airport not fixed (can choose from different options for that day).

I will walk the CP da Costa and try to reach Finisterre.
It's my second Camino after the CF in 2019.

Hope you enjoy your Camino!

Bom Caminho!
Roland
Enjoy your Camino!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads