• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I just did it!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm so excited, just got tickets to Porto today and heading off to my Camino first time, in solitude, in May! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!
Hi Cathy
The Camino da Costa was my fourth time on the Camino and my third complete one. it was also my wettest, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route. I am sure you will love it.
Buen Camino
Vince

I'm so excited, just got tickets to Porto today and heading off to my Camino first time, in solitude, in May! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!
So excited for you, it will enlighten your life, I will never forget my popping my Camino cherry! I'm also looking forward to doing that route in May, maybe see you there 👍 (I'll be the one going in the wrong direction!)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
See you there Camina!

How exciting for you. I also am starting my Camino Portugués from Porto in May. I’ve been waiting for 2 years. Can’t wait.
Happy New Year. 👏
Thank you, you too Happy New Camino Year! I can’t wait no more, no excuses 😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So excited for you, it will enlighten your life, I will never forget my popping my Camino cherry! I'm also looking forward to doing that route in May, maybe see you there 👍 (I'll be the one going in the wrong direction!)
Thank you, I’m sure you will find the right way 😊 see you there 👍

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Cathy
The Camino da Costa was my fourth time on the Camino and my third complete one. it was also my wettest, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route. I am sure you will love it.
Buen Camino
Vince
Thank you 🙏 Hopefully in May on Costal will be perfect. You too Buen Camino in future!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto, then slightly better after Porto. The Camino da Costa portion was very nice, closer to the beach and cooler. Enjoy 😊

Congrats. Bom Caminho

Loved the Camino Costa. Started in Porto finished in Santiago in September 2019. Recommend crossing Rio Nieve and seeing Baselica Santi Jacobi in Castelo do Neiva.
Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion, looks lovely!

I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto, then slightly better after Porto. The Camino da Costa portion was very nice, closer to the beach and cooler. Enjoy 😊
Thank you so much!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So happy for you!! :) Isn't this all so exciting? I was originally going to walk Frances for my first, but I think it's going to be very busy - so I'm considering Portugal instead. Plan to begin April 22.

great! we are also booked to start our camino from porto in May!

So happy for you!! :) Isn't this all so exciting? I was originally going to walk Frances for my first, but I think it's going to be very busy - so I'm considering Portugal instead. Plan to begin April 22.
Well done you! It’s months to go and I’m planning already from socks to silencing earbuds :) Buen Camino!

, I walked it in April having previously walked in June, July, September and October. The storms that come in off the Atlantic can be "biblical" but when the sun shines it is a gorgeous route
I'm planning to start from Lisbon on April 20th - hope that there's no "biblical" rains then.
I did it from Lisbon to Port then to Santiago 4 years ago, also in May. It got very hot on the way to Porto,
Or too much heat! 😀

Buen Camino @Cathy78 🌻🌸🤠👍👍
Merry Christmas & happy new year to you and to everyone.
May you be blessed, loved and guided all the way & beyond... Happy times!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ici tu seras comme chez toi, j'y étais en juin 2021. Bom caminho !
Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto
+351 220 140 515

Ici tu seras comme chez toi, j'y étais en juin 2021. Bom caminho !
Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto
+351 220 140 515
Great, thanks 🙏

Bom Caminho, Cathy! We're moving to Porto in 30 days (!!!!) and plan to do the Caminho Portugues in October. We did the Camino Frances in 2012 and have been dreaming of another wonderful Camino for 10 years. Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Likewise here. A group of us are cycling the coastal route in May. Flights booked to Porto with bicycles in cargo. Return flights to Dublin also booked from SdC…

Cathy78,
My wife and I are also going to try and do the coastal route in May. It'll be my 5th and her 2nd. Maybe we'll see you along the Way. Just a suggestion if you're wanting to get to walking. Since Porto airport is so far to the North and most planes from Madrid (if you're going that way) will be landing at around noon or 1pm, it's easy to strap the backpack on at the airport and start walking. You can find the camino within a couple of blocks. Then the split (interior/coastal) happens rather quickly thereafter. We're planning on just walking and make it to the albergue in LaBruge around 3pm or so. Good luck peregrina!

Having been fortunate to pedal along the Portuguese coast myself, I can’t say enough about the amazing and beautiful March 2019 video Efrén González published in November 2021 on youtube : Hiking 280 km along the Costa Verde | Porto to Santiago. A great preview for Kathy, Kurt, Leamac and other future pilgrims.

Last edited:
Bom Caminho, Cathy! We're moving to Porto in 30 days (!!!!) and plan to do the Caminho Portugues in October. We did the Camino Frances in 2012 and have been dreaming of another wonderful Camino for 10 years. Ultreia!
Thank you, wow congratulations 🎉 Bom Caminho and have a happy life in Porto!

Cathy78,
My wife and I are also going to try and do the coastal route in May. It'll be my 5th and her 2nd. Maybe we'll see you along the Way. Just a suggestion if you're wanting to get to walking. Since Porto airport is so far to the North and most planes from Madrid (if you're going that way) will be landing at around noon or 1pm, it's easy to strap the backpack on at the airport and start walking. You can find the camino within a couple of blocks. Then the split (interior/coastal) happens rather quickly thereafter. We're planning on just walking and make it to the albergue in LaBruge around 3pm or so. Good luck peregrina!
Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll land in Porto airport and planning to get metro to get closer to the center of city and stay first night in Porto 😊 So I’ll be ready to walk next day 🙌

Does anyone know what the weather might be like on the Camino Portuguese Central in May?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As far as all will sort out, I'll start on April, 1st. No joke.
I only get vacation on easter-break. Flights not booked yet, prizes and departing airport not fixed (can choose from different options for that day).

I will walk the CP da Costa and try to reach Finisterre.
It's my second Camino after the CF in 2019.

Hope you enjoy your Camino!

Bom Caminho!
Roland

As far as all will sort out, I'll start on April, 1st. No joke.
I only get vacation on easter-break. Flights not booked yet, prizes and departing airport not fixed (can choose from different options for that day).

I will walk the CP da Costa and try to reach Finisterre.
It's my second Camino after the CF in 2019.

Hope you enjoy your Camino!

Bom Caminho!
Roland
Enjoy your Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back