• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I lil off topic

karenfromcali

Time of past OR future Camino
Finalizing my flight for my February camino. I'm not a fan of flying and am usually (heavily) doped up on xanax or I'm not getting on the plane!! (For those who know who I mean, think 'Mr T'). It is slightly inconvenient to get from southern California through the walking/swimming route to the Frances so i guess I have to fly. Anyway, one of the options is the Dreamliner. (Thought is newer plane = safer etc... : / ) so has anyone flown on the Dreamliner? What did you think?
Forgive me for being off topic but I appreciate any input.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Finalizing my flight for my February camino. I'm not a fan of flying and am usually (heavily) doped up on xanax or I'm not getting on the plane!! (For those who know who I mean, think 'Mr T'). It is slightly inconvenient to get from southern California through the walking/swimming route to the Frances so i guess I have to fly. Anyway, one of the options is the Dreamliner. (Thought is newer plane = safer etc... : / ) so has anyone flown on the Dreamliner? What did you think?
Forgive me for being off topic but I appreciate any input.

Going slightly more off topic.... Not flown on the Dreamliner yet, so cannot comment. But I will en route to my Camino in 3 months...

Have you ever thought of 'removing' this fear rather than trying to pick which type of aircraft to fly on?

The only reason I ask is that I have seen some wonderful results from Hypnosis. I gave up smoking via Hypnosis and based on that I have introduced friends to my Hypnotist, and seen them conquer all kinds of fears. Heights, spiders, public speaking. It really does work, for most people. A small minority it does not work for....

Just a thought.

Going slightly more off topic.... Not flown on the Dreamliner yet, so cannot comment. But I will en route to my Camino in 3 months...

Have you ever thought of 'removing' this fear rather than trying to pick which type of aircraft to fly on?

The only reason I ask is that I have seen some wonderful results from Hypnosis. I gave up smoking via Hypnosis and based on that I have introduced friends to my Hypnotist, and seen them conquer all kinds of fears. Heights, spiders, public speaking. It really does work, for most people. A small minority it does not work for....

Just a thought.

Thanks for the imput. I have heard of it being of help and It's encouraging to have someone first hand that this has helped.
Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll take a Boeing Dreamliner over a Scarebus any day.

A scarebus?????
About that hypnotism!!
Maybe I'll throw in a jack Daniels too!!
Ok Dreamliner it is! Lol. :D

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am a big fan of xanax for flying. I love to fly and have done so for 40 years. However, I find flying from west to east overnight so much more manageable if I can sleep enroute. I have a separate anxiety and panic disorder, not related to flying, but having the legally prescribed medication helps.

So, I usually take 0.5 mg before leaving home, another 0.5 once I get airside after TSA security, and a THIRD 0.5 mg just before I board. This means I take 1.5 mg spread over perhaps a 3-hour window. My normal bedtime dose is not more than 0.5 mg. The result is that as soon as the plane leaves the runway, I fall asleep.

Before getting comfortable with my sound attenuating ear plugs and eye shade, I always tell my seatmate to jostle me aware when they come around with coffee and whatever passes for an early morning "nosh." I also give them my blessing in advance to climb all over me during the flight to get out and into the row if I have the aisle seat.

If I am flying into Brussels or Paris, this is usually over Ireland. Typically, flying the 8-hour +/- flight from Washington DC, I sleep for at least six hours. Not too shabby. I highly recommend it. It has worked very well for me over the past 10 years or so.

I do hope this helps someone.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back