• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I Love Pamplona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I MUCH prefer the Portuguese iteration of bullfighting. In their distinct style, the bull is NOT bloodied or killed. The bull is taunted and led about by several fellows.

The "matador" does not carry a sword to harm the bull, instead relying on poise and swift movement to prevent being skewered by horns.

When this performance is done, and the bull demonstrate his prowess, as does the "matador," one or more horse mounted riders (frequently women) and a gang of eight fellows wrestles the bull into submission and out of the ring. The bull, and hopefully the "matador" live to fight another day.

For a much better description off Portuguese style bullfighting, see this URL:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese-style_bullfighting

I hope this helps...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That last post I will leave up but it is not, I repeat, not to be taken as an invitation to break the forum rules.

Rule 2. No discussion on bullfighting...

Last edited:
Not trying to enter in a discussion about bullfight but I just wanted to say that in Portugal we do harm the bull; the bull bleeds during the event and usually gets killed after it.

It's dangerous out there. ;) (39 seconds)

Another way to view the embedded video above is through this link:
I'm posting it this way so you can copy and paste the url to use
elsewhere or maybe so you can view the video in full screen mode.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That last post I will leave up but it is not, I repeat, not to be taken as an invitation to break the forum rules.

Rule 3. No discussion on bullfighting...
Hi Kanga , when I am that last post I will say sorry that I broke forum rule 2.

Wish you well , Peter.

The San Ferminas shenanigans aren't exactly bullfighting, are they? Or does that come later in the day?
Anyway, reminds me of City Slickers. Ah the '90s ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very grateful to have been forewarned of the festival here on the forum. Pamplona which I loved first time round was as we entered town at around noon today a stinking, sticky mess. I'm sure people are having a great time and I'm all for that, but even for me things seemed a little over the top. Will pop into town shortly to see what's going on but happy to be able to escape 3kms out of town to get some sleep afterwards.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The San Ferminas shenanigans aren't exactly bullfighting, are they? Or does that come later in the day?
I've been wondering why the post opening this thread was put up in the first place and why it is tolerated by the moderators in the second place. I've come to the conclusion that it must be a test of the resilience of the humble forum member, ie. their ability to refrain from replying. The words Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi also came to mind - no pun intended :cool:.

I know a tiny bit more and could reply to your question but suggest to have a look at this recent article in El Pais. It's a bit tongue in cheek but also interesting and informative, I think, and it's in English: Spain’s Sanfermines fiestas: don’t believe everything you’ve been told

Pilgrims are highly unlikely to stumble across the event by accident. It takes place at 8:00 in the morning, over a distance of less than 1 km, and it's over in less than 5 minutes. Watch out for pickpockets if you are in Pamplona this week.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back