• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I`m [was] Off again!! [now back with some narrative...]

vlebe

Walker Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2001; 2004; 2009; 2013, 2016.....
Hi my dear friends!

I`m flying to Spain this afternoon, ans will be starting the Aragones towards Santiago and Finisterra this next wednesday (nov 16th). As soon as I step on the plane I will be using internet as little as I can ( if possible I wont use it at all).

So, I wish you all a good pilgrimage!! For those who are walking in Spain, and for those walking the Camino de la Vida: Put a smile on your faces, heads up and move forward!!!!

Thanks to all friends who were so nice in answering all my questions and helped me with one more planning and preparation!

I`ll try to write a Post on the Camino Aragones and the Dragonte, but other that that, I want to stay away from internet!!!

Nothing but love to you all!

Buen Camino and Ultreia!

Vagner

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino, Vagner. Have a good one!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lucky you. Vagner! Buen Camino - wishing you a safe and memorable journey.

Wish you nice, sunny and rain/snow free Camino :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Let us know about your experience when you return! Buen Caminio!

Hi my dear friends!

I`m flying to Spain this afternoon, ans will be starting the Aragones towards Santiago and Finisterra this next wednesday (nov 16th). As soon as I step on the plane I will be using internet as little as I can ( if possible I wont use it at all).

So, I wish you all a good pilgrimage!! For those who are walking in Spain, and for those walking the Camino de la Vida: Put a smile on your faces, heads up and move forward!!!!

Thanks to all friends who were so nice in answering all my questions and helped me with one more planning and preparation!

I`ll try to write a Post on the Camino Aragones and the Dragonte, but other that that, I want to stay away from internet!!!

Nothing but love to you all!

Buen Camino and Ultreia!

Vagner
Buen Camino Pelligrino!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This Camino must be very cold in November-December, hope you have a nice time Vagner and good luck !! :);)

Coming late to your thread, but a heartfelt "buen camino" to you anyway, Vagner...
Today you are starting...ultreia!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
All best. If you get this, my best experience was San Juan de la Pena monastery after Jaca and 13kms off route in total with fab hotel in village nearby (have lunch, leave pack in room and head up by foot and find bus times for return).

Loved Sanguesa. Give Ruesta a miss... Eunate church before Puenta la Reina is CLOSED mondays and open mornings till lunchtime.

Ulterior!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi everyone! I'm overwhelmed to think that it's already been 6 months since I have started my last Camino, back in nov 2016.

Most of you might understand that every time we come back, sometimes it takes us a considerable period of time for you to be able to sit down, and really talk about (or write about) your experience.

Since our arrival in Finisterre in december, I`ve been thinking on the many experiences once again lived on the camino( good and bad ones); a mix of “this was the last one, for sure” and “I know the time will show me - down the road - when I`ll need another “fix” of camino energy in my soul… Advance 06 months in time, and here I'm finally willing and (to a certain degree) comfortable to write, at least superficially about my last experience!

I`ll break this down into parts, starting with the start: The Camino Aragones and probably will post a different stage on different days so it will not be just one VERY LONG post!

00- Sao Paulo - Cancfranc Station: 8,749 kms

After 14 hours flying, we got a train in Barcelona towards Cancfranc Station.On our stop in Zaragoza, we were very warm hearted welcomed by one of the forum members, Ildefonso ( @Pingüigrino ) , who - in a deep and real camino spirit - aside of giving me so many good tips on the Aragones, went to the trouble of meeting us in the train station and taking us for a couple of cervezas and bocadillos ( @pilguiringo: I`m still in debt with you for that lovely welcoming! Thank you so much! You made our souls smile with pure Camino spirit that afternoon) .

Me and Claudia arrived in Cancfranc Station in a - VERY - cold evening, after a 24 hour journey to get there. It was her first Camino… My first one walking with “someone else”... We were both very happy to be there!!! I was just….speechless!

Cancranc Station is a lovely little pyrenees-style village, exhausted we found our way to the Albergue Rio Aragon, where we were very well received. All facilities were very good, modern and clean. Everything was deserted as we were in between seasons. There were some spanish mountaineers in our room, which we got to know being climbers and mountaineers ourselves. As a result they offered to give us a ride up to somport the next morning.

01 - Somport-Jaca: 32 km

Going down from Somport all the way to Jaca is just …. Lovely…. We had an AMAZING beautiful day! Sunshine, full moon in the sky (during the day!), it was cold but just perfect!

The challenge started that very first day as we were FULL WITH GEAR on us! That's because , there was a slight chance that we would meet some friends in France for an mixed climb in the pyrenees before starting our Camino. They would send some of our stuff for us to Santiago so we could collect once we were there. Cutting the story short - we could not make it to meet our friends (they would only be able to meet us 01 week later due to work) but, in a stubborn “I can do it” mode, we decided to carry everything with us from Somport (I had the bad idea that it would be a good training for our climbing activities, forgetting that we were there to relax, and have a good time during our well deserved holidays).

It was a long long long endless day - With extra 14 kgs between us, we arrived in Jaca completely exhausted, broken and with hashes on our hips and crying knees from the extra weight.

Some of the highlights of the stage: The beautiful trails from Somport all the way down to Villanua, Big smile on our faces and our hearts, high spirit, the weather, cleanliness, etc. Castillo de Jaca is also a magnificent village worth visiting!

Jaca is a “biggish” town where you can find everything you might need…Unless you need vegetarian food… But that is expected in Spain :)

We had a very hard time to find a vegetarian option over there. The only option suggested by the hospitalero in was closed and also we were just too exhausted and drained to keep searching, so we had to feel happy with cooked potatoes (I still eat meat in occasions such as the camino, but for Claudia it was a challenge eating tortillas and bocadillos only during most of our trip).

Attachments

• 31162095365_061b931a9f_m.jpg
    31162095365_061b931a9f_m.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 31018553302_df7f71e2cc_m.jpg
    31018553302_df7f71e2cc_m.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 31047790591_2a49e187df_m.jpg
    31047790591_2a49e187df_m.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 31047424071_93f2f00ba2_m.jpg
    31047424071_93f2f00ba2_m.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 31047425161_8f2b6bd9fd_m.jpg
    31047425161_8f2b6bd9fd_m.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 31047522881_336309a1cd_m.jpg
    31047522881_336309a1cd_m.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.