• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I made it!!

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
this morning, at 920 am, I arrived in Santiago after walking 28 days from Pamplona!! It felt amazing to arrive and a bit more emotional than I had expected. Ok, a lot more. Turns out I really needed this.

The plaza was empty when I arrived but soon began to fill up as the groups arrived.

Popped in to pick up my Compostela at like 1330 and there was no wait. The noon mass was packed and sadly, despite a few rows in the front being reserved, the botafumeiro did not swing.

I did want to thank everyone on this group who provided advice and encouragement when I was planning this journey (and freaking out about my shoes haha). THANKS!PXL_20220802_072909143.NIGHT~2.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
this morning, at 920 am, I arrived in Santiago after walking 28 days from Pamplona!! It felt amazing to arrive and a bit more emotional than I had expected. Ok, a lot more. Turns out I really needed this.

The plaza was empty when I arrived but soon began to fill up as the groups arrived.

Popped in to pick up my Compostela at like 1330 and there was no wait. The noon mass was packed and sadly, despite a few rows in the front being reserved, the botafumeiro did not swing.

I did want to thank everyone on this group who provided advice and encouragement when I was planning this journey (and freaking out about my shoes haha). THANKS!View attachment 130452
Congratulations! And thank you for posting useful information for those who will soon be walking.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I did want to thank everyone on this group who provided advice and encouragement when I was planning this journey (and freaking out about my shoes haha). THANKS!View attachment 130452
Well done, Pilgrim, and congratulations!

Feel free to stop by the Pilgrim House if you want somewhere to collect your thoughts, relax, and/or talk with fellow pilgrims old and new. Enjoy Santiago and safe travels back.

Well done, Pilgrim, and congratulations!

Feel free to stop by the Pilgrim House if you want somewhere to collect your thoughts, relax, and/or talk with fellow pilgrims old and new. Enjoy Santiago and safe travels back.
Thanks! I did make use of the public restroom there which was very much needed!

I know all too well that feeling of arriving and the subsequent emotions that bubble up. Congratulations!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks! I did make use of the public restroom there which was very much needed!
So are those Chacos you're wearing at the end, haha? Sounds like you foreshadowed this before you started. Glad those worked out..

As someone who is more familiar with Chacos more than Keene from awhile back, it just goes to show that one could use really anything on the Camino regardless of what others may say or based on popular opinion. Whatever works!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So are those Chacos you're wearing at the end, haha? Sounds like you foreshadowed this before you started. Glad those worked out..

As someone who is more familiar with Chacos more than Keene from awhile back, it just goes to show that one could use really anything on the Camino regardless of what others may say or based on popular opinion. Whatever works!
Haha yep. I wore Chacos everyday after Estella. Could have saved myself a lot of stress and grief by just choosing them at the start. Once I got used to walking distance in them they were fantastic and I was comfy with the grip etc. I did have to get a bit more careful on loose rock descents.

Congratulations! Well done! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wow, what a photo? Magnificent.
Congratulations Mananath. I have followed your posts from the start especially with your shoe saga. I would check every day to see how you were going. You have a great sense of humor. I knew you could do it especially walking so many miles in that heat.
Enjoy Santiago

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Well done! It's a wonderful feeling to walk into the square, isn't it? As someone told me before I began - and I think it's true - the real Camino starts after you get home, so... "Buen Camino!"

Well done! I'm starting another camino in less than a month. As for the butafumeiro, if you are staying in Compostela for a few days, just attend every Mass, and eventually you will see it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Congratulations, Mananath! I completed my first Camino the first week in June, so I can definitely identify with your emotions at the end of the journey! I, too, had foot issues, so double congrats!!

Congratulations Pilgrim,well done,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Congratulations peregrino. Walked in there three times and after the first, I thought it would be less emotional on subsequent pilgrimages . I was wrong, it's amazing every time. Unfortunately won't experience it this year. All set to go September 13th but it's all off now. Discovered a leaking pipe in roofspace and the walls behind wardrobes are wet and mouldy. Only time builders can come out to do repairs is that very week. Maybe next year. But congrats to all pilgrims on the trail today. Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well done! I'm starting another camino in less than a month. As for the butafumeiro, if you are staying in Compostela for a few days, just attend every Mass, and eventually you will see it.
Have attended 8 now and no luck. Time to leave so hopefully I can come back again!

Congratulations and thanks for the reminder of that day in my life!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back