Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

I miss you Pilgrim

Mónica_Cribe

Mónica
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués 1993,1994 ... 2016
Camino del Norte 2000
Camino a Fisterra 2009
Some time ago I created a campaign to raise funds to be able to continue with the albergue.
These months of pandemic what I managed was to make a decision "if I can continue with the albergue that is upside down because from my heart, although (I love being hospitable and I don't I see nowhere else these years I have gained a series of friends that are forever and with my hard always can stay on the camino. But I’m going to tryyyyyy continue in my albergue with the best parent on the wold my sister!

The community has helped me improve my life and have a kind of "special soul." Although I recognize that this energy that I had has come down the vital need to be in contact with all of you.

Serve me useful and at the same time learn from the people, from the pilgrims, who came to the albergue.

The big question is, how can we feed our soul and compose ourselves when the essential is not around?
People need people!
I MISS YOU PILGRIM , those conversations between strangers and with people with pure feeling, because if something has the camino is sincere union between people, discovery of ourselves and loving values!

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
I can assure you, amiga, that many, many of us pilgrims are missing, thinking about, and worrying about, the well-being of all the helpers on our caminos; albergue people, shopkeepers, bar/cafe people, and all other kinds people who are making the Camino walks possible. We will be back as soon as possible; and now it seems that vaccines will make it possible soon!

Many of us have tried to help with donations to various places as best we could, to make it possible for albergues to survive. Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:

Marbe2

2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Thank you, Monica, for your heartfelt post. I think, in varying degrees, most of us share that sense of isolaion and loss. We, miss those gathered celebrations, toasting someone’s good fortune, or offering a consoling embrace to many who have had loved ones pass. The loss can be overwhelming.

And we miss too those profound but simple hugs of loved ones. The touch of a friends greeting hand and breaking bread with them, or, just having tea with a neighbor. I miss singing at worship and the person next to me vocalizing with great spirit and inspiration.

But I am deeply thankful and truly very hopeful. I and my family are safe, well, and are now vaccinated!

Monica, I do not know you, and probably there are many other pilgrims who do not either?

Can you tell us more about yourself and your albergue in Tui? When did you open it?

We can share on this Forum with each other about our desires and dreams. And we plan again and again for that day...and again....to fly, walk new paths, ride trains, see sites, to visit with friends, meet new owners, hug other pilgrims and sit at a communal meal.

Do continue to let us know how you are doing, Monica?🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

Last edited:

MaineSally

MaineSally
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Monica, Hello!

I believe you are one of the owners of Ideas Peregrinas in Tui! I stayed there for a wonderful night. Your breakfast in the coffee shop/gear shop was a wonderful start to the next day’s trek...and as my trekking poles started clacking on the road I ran back in to get two more sets of rubber tips! You had a little bit of everything that one might need! Great spot and wonderful hospitality!

Pilgrims are every bit as anxious to visit as you are to host them! I hope to be back sooner rather than later!

My very best to you and your sister! Xo

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

CarolamS

I stayed in your beautiful Albergue. I hope I can stay again one day. It was my first ever night in an albergue and was a wonderful experience. Breakfast in your cafe is certainly the best I've ever come across. I heartily recommend Ideas Peregrinas in Tui to everyone.

Thank you for your post @Mónica_Cribe I hope you and your sister stay well and are able to keep ticking along until Pilgrims return.

Chris Taggart

Merrill23
Some time ago I created a campaign to raise funds to be able to continue with the albergue.
These months of pandemic what I managed was to make a decision "if I can continue with the albergue that is upside down because from my heart, although (I love being hospitable and I don't I see nowhere else these years I have gained a series of friends that are forever and with my hard always can stay on the camino. But I’m going to tryyyyyy continue in my albergue with the best parent on the wold my sister!

The community has helped me improve my life and have a kind of "special soul." Although I recognize that this energy that I had has come down the vital need to be in contact with all of you.

Serve me useful and at the same time learn from the people, from the pilgrims, who came to the albergue.

The big question is, how can we feed our soul and compose ourselves when the essential is not around?
People need people!
I MISS YOU PILGRIM , those conversations between strangers and with people with pure feeling, because if something has the camino is sincere union between people, discovery of ourselves and loving values!
Hello from Australia Monica
We had a lovely afternoon at Ideas Perigrinas, enjoying the cafe and the company.
Our hearts are with you, praying that soon we can visit and show our support.
The connections made with people and places on the Camino are indeed special, there is nothing like them in my view.
Take especial care of yourself.