• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I need some help planning my SLOW CAMINO stages

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
So far I have got eight not-so-able pilgrims signed up to walk the last 100kms from Barbadelo to Santiago in May next year.

I need some help planning the daily stages. I have used the Godesalco print out of each place between Barbadelo and Santiago to plan 16 days walking of between 6 km and 7 km per day.

I would be most grateful if pilgrims walking the route this year could offer to check my stopping places to confirm that our pilgrims can be picked up from those places.
I am going to fly to Spain earlier in May and walk the route myself before we take the SLOW CAMINO group so that I can take photos and check out the really difficult sections.

If anyone is willing to help, please send me your email address and I will send you my planned daily stages.

Muchisimas gracias!!

Sil

http://www.amawalkerscamino.com/slow-ca ... -2013.html

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
sillydoll said:
So far I have got eight not-so-able pilgrims signed up to walk the last 100kms from Barbadelo to Santiago in May next year.....anyone willing to help, please send me your email address and I will send you my planned daily stages.
Con mucho gusto: http://www.fraluchi@yahoo.com

Hola Sil,
Here are the two photos I promised, showing sign in Brea on the Camino track, and O Meson on the main road.

For other readers:- The Camino crosses this side road, so you turn left in Brea at the sign to O Méson. This is a pension and also private 10 bed albergue. Good meals (menu del dia mid-day and early evening meal - about 8pm) also snacks and drinks and all reasonably priced.
Buen Camino

Attachments

• 2974.jpg
    2974.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 2626.jpg
    2626.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,038
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you! I remember this crossing well.
One of our disabled walkers and her father has had to withdraw so we have lost our designated bus driver. The rest of us don't have the required licenses to drive a bus. It looks as though we will have two vehicles - a 9 seater and a 7 seater.
We will drive our group to the start, leave one vehicle at the start and the other will follow the group as far as possible along the route; then pick up the second driver at the end and come back for the first vehicle. The cars will never be more than 7 - 8 km apart so it won't be such a hassle.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
One walker and I arrive in Santiago on Friday afternoon!! She is going to be taken around Pontevedra from Saturday afternoon while I do a reconnaissance walk from Sarria to Santiago on my own.
Then we meet two members of our group in Santiago on the 11th, one in Lugo on the 12th and the last two in Sarria on the 13th. We start our Slow Camino on Tuesday 14th May.
The weather is going to be cold and wet to start but clearing in the middle for a few days. I'm hoping that we don't have too much rain as it will make it very difficult for our lady with the Veloped walker.
Send us 'Caracoles' your prayers and positive thoughts!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back