• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I think I have the "bug"! I guess I am doing the VdlP again beginning March 18th!

hailows

Time of past OR future Camino
"Here we go again!"
I walked the VdlP in March and had a fabulous time! Recently, I mentioned to my baby brother (Tim) that I was thinking I would like to walk it again but funds were a little tight (as the Canadian dollar has tanked). He said he would fly me on his air miles... so, in no time at all, he booked me on flights to Madrid and home via Porto. I cannot back out now.
I am booked to have 7 weeks in Europe, so I have lots of time. I land on March 16, 2016, and expect to get on the road on March 18th. I hope to meet some of you on the road!
Buen Camino
Slow Walking Stevie Wonder
p.s. I have the best brother ever! What a gift!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
"Here we go again!"
I walked the VdlP in March and had a fabulous time! Recently, I mentioned to my baby brother (Tim) that I was thinking I would like to walk it again but funds were a little tight (as the Canadian dollar has tanked). He said he would fly me on his air miles... so, in no time at all, he booked me on flights to Madrid and home via Porto. I cannot back out now.
I am booked to have 7 weeks in Europe, so I have lots of time. I land on March 16, 2016, and expect to get on the road on March 18th. I hope to meet some of you on the road!
Buen Camino

Buen camino Steve - doubt i will start with you this time

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You are so lucky to have a brother like Tim. My son and I had a great walk in January this year from Sevilla. So much so that I will be back with my wife in December this year from Caceres. 40 days and counting!

Yes Hailows, you have the bug. Welcome to Caminoholics "non anonymous."

There are a lot of us on this Forum enjoying the same addiction.

Maybe you should ask your generous brother to join you for part of your journey?

Buen Camino

Yes Hailows, you have the bug. Welcome to Caminoholics "non anonymous."

There are a lot of us on this Forum enjoying the same addiction.

Maybe you should ask your generous brother to join you for part of your journey?

Buen Camino
Believe me, I have asked him. It is just not the right time for him. Someday I hope!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Best wishes Steve, we enjoyed your videos on the walk this year.

"Here we go again!"
Buen Camino

Hi Guys I just registered on this site.

My wife & I are planning the VDLP in March also to start from Seville around March 19 2016

We did the French Camino in 2013 & really enjoyed it & managed to stay in cheap hotels & pensions & B & B's.

My big question is whether staying in this type of accom is possible throughout the VDLP in March?

I look forward to your reply.

"Here we go again!"
Buen Camino
Hi. I shall be starting around then as well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Steve, We now look like starting on 18 March also & hope we cross paths with you some where. Next question is ..Is the water from village fountains along the way ok to drink??? It was fine on the Main Camino so hope it is the same on the VDLP

Hi Steve, We now look like starting on 18 March also & hope we cross paths with you some where. Next question is ..Is the water from village fountains along the way ok to drink??? It was fine on the Main Camino so hope it is the same on the VDLP

The water was fine, except in summer when I walked there were many fountains that were dry.
In some cases, they were turned off, and if you look, you can find a spigot to turn them back on.
March shouldn't be a problem though and should be lovely.

As a rule, if it's raining so hard the streams are running brown, I do not drink from the fountains.
A local gave me that advice and I've always followed it, whether true or not.
Otherwise, in my opinion, the fountains are quite safe.

HH and HH,
I look forward to meeting you!
Water on the route is not too bad. A couple of times I ran out and was a bit concerned. I didn't really trust the water fountains that were around, with the exception of a few. I will pay more attention to how much I take on a couple of the long treks; there are sometimes walks of 25 without water, so you have to take enough.
It was a marvelous time, great people and beautiful scenery... you will not be disappointed.
To see the videos of my last VDLP look up Stephen Haig on youtube.com
See you on the way!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back