• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I went for a walk in the "New" Cathedral today

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow. The lighting and the bright white paint really make those Romanesque arches stand out beautifully. And oh how the gold on the altar glitters. One of the things I heard in a video describing the cathedral renovation was how the errors of prior restoration works had been undone and that going forward maintenance and preservation will be much easier to accomplish. It is really beautiful, Ivar.

It looks like visits to the Pórtico de la Gloria, museum, Palacio del Gemirez, rooftops, etc. are still suspended. Hopefully it won’t be too long. Thanks so much for taking this video for us.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What a proud time for the many restoration artisans that must have been involved in this phenomenal achievement. Thank you so much for giving us a tour, Ivar. It's wonderful to see after arriving almost every year since 2012, looking forward each time to see the progress. Can't wait to return.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you, Ivar. You brightened my Sunday morning. The cathedral seems so bright. Is the statue of St. James Metamoris still on view?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
thankyou for sharing, it looks so beautiful. I so hope to get back to Spain and the Camino one day in the not too distant future.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Ivar! It is so great to see it completed. I am anxious to get back in person.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow!! It’s so brilliant and bright. I’m so emotional right now. I feel the Camino pulling me. I’ve walked three times. 2013, 2016 and 2019. I’ve always seen some sort of scaffolding or coverings on the Cathedral. After a difficult 2019 Camino, I said I am finished. But lately, lately I hear the call and after seeing this, I feel it again. I am scared, I am emotional, I am blessed. Please pray for me that I make it one more time. I have my sights on 2022. Thank you Ivar for sharing. God Bless you.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear Ivan,
Many thanks for your video. The cathedral looks beautiful.
Spain has a wonderful heritage of music, especially from the renaissance and baroque eras. May I suggest the following as more appropriate music to accompany the video (to take just three of the many possibilities -
- David

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you Ivar. I walked in 2019 and so only saw it with scaffolding and plastic. Wistfully determined to do it again one day when it is safe. So want to see the botafumeiro swinging and still cannot believe that I got to walk the Camino just before the pandemic. i am grateful every day for that.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for the video, Ivar. What has happened to the old pews? I copied the design for my shell tattoo from them. :rolleyes:
View media item 5650
I agree! I was surprised and a bit disappointed that those beautiful old pews with the shell were not restored. I'd buy one for my home if I knew one was available :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.