A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

I were there (painting)

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
I did this painting on 22nd October 2017. One year later to the day, I were there.

Walking the Camino from Saint Jean to Compostela then to Muxía has to be the best experience in my life! Enjoy every minutes of it even with the pain from a gigantic blister in the first few days. After the Camino, I definitely feel more at home here. Nice to be with you guys!

Buen dia!

Attachments

Charles Zammit

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances , St Jean Pied de Port - Finisterra May/ June 2017
Le Puy en Velay - Ales May 2018
Sadly I missed this statue , it remains an excuse for me to walk the Camino De Santiago once more .
Your art work is admirable by the way :)

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Sadly I missed this statue , it remains an excuse for me to walk the Camino De Santiago once more .
Your art work is admirable by the way :)
Yes, you got one more reason to walk the Camino again. The status of two pilgrims is located near Monte do Gozo.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Great painting. Have you considered making prints that could be sold?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte April (2019) possible Primitivo
I missed it too. I don’t know how, but I did. Next time I plan to right that.
TomNorth, As you follow the camino path up out of town you will see the the Pope John Paul memorial then look across the park to your right of the memorial . Follow the path ( the municipal albergue will be to the right ) down the hill,cross the road then go up hill to the statues, you will also see Santiago cathedral in the distance. There is a secondary path along the road which leads you into Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte April (2019) possible Primitivo
Amazing and beautiful thanks for sharing

LGLG

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
Beautiful and evocative, captures the experience so very well.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP-Burgos, 2015)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Sarria, 2018)
Sarria-Santiago (Oct. 2018)
Beautiful. I spent three nights with the monks in Rabanal, recuperating from seriously injured knees. It was one of those grace-filled experiences of the Camino, when I just knew St. James was looking out for me and taking me to exactly where I needed to be. Your painting brings back a flood of wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Hi Leon, thank you for liking my painting. Unfortunately I don’t have a print of my painting but I very much like to send you an original photo of the painting so that you can print it out if you like.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Beautiful. I spent three nights with the monks in Rabanal, recuperating from seriously injured knees. It was one of those grace-filled experiences of the Camino, when I just knew St. James was looking out for me and taking me to exactly where I needed to be. Your painting brings back a flood of wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Bala. It is certainly a very nice place to stay for a while.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino Portugues, 2017
There's something magical about seeing the first rays of the sun hit the tip of the cross, then the light slowly makes its way down the cross and then the wooden pole where it lights the pilgrims gathered at its base.

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
One of my favorite places on the Camino, too. A wonderful piece that you have made, Weiho. Thank you!

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Oh, this is so wonderful! Did you say that you're willing to send the photo so that we might print it? Even better, I would love to buy a print. Please let me know how.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Oh, this is so wonderful! Did you say that you're willing to send the photo so that we might print it? Even better, I would love to buy a print. Please let me know how.
Hi, yes I can email you an original photo of the painting and you can print it as you wish. During my Camino, I got so much help from so many Camino angels, I am painting my Camino experience partially for them and it would be wrong if I made any money from it.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep/Oct 2015
Camino Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Fatima Santiago Sep/Oct 2017
Wow Weiho. This is my memory of the Cruz! My most special experience on my Camino Frances. I too would love to receive a copy but I would like to make a donation to a charity or whatever you suggest. Thank you for sharing

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Wow Weiho. This is my memory of the Cruz! My most special experience on my Camino Frances. I too would love to receive a copy but I would like to make a donation to a charity or whatever you suggest. Thank you for sharing
Hi James, I can email you the original photo so that you can print it out as you wish. I don’t have any copy apart from the original painting that I did a couple of days ago. Let me have your email address if you want it/them.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep/Oct 2015
Camino Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Fatima Santiago Sep/Oct 2017
Hi James, I can email you the original photo so that you can print it out as you wish. I don’t have any copy apart from the original painting that I did a couple of days ago. Let me have your email address if you want it/them.
Thanks you so much.

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Weiho, is there a place/site where you have all of your Camino paintings? I just love your work and would like to see all of it.

Kiernan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés febr/march (2012)
Camino Francés febr/march (2019)
I've been seeing your paintings; just amazing!!
I use to scketch as well.....but yours are another level!

K.

Karl Oz

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
Portuguese
Piamonte
Aragones
Elizabethpfad
Do you sell your work? I have looked for Ateliers and galleries featuring Camino-themed works during multiple trips, and found none.

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Meseta is my favorite section of Camino. I love the big sky, I love the simplicity of the landscape, I love the intensity of the colour and I love the tranquility of the surroundings. View attachment 48899
Love the painting even though the Meseta is my least favourite part of the Camino Frances :)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: St-Jean-PdP - Santiago dC - Muxía - Fisterra (Aug 2017 and March/April 2018)
Lovely picture weiho. It makes me feel very inadequate about my daily watercolour sketches on the Camino Frances earlier this year.
Can I ask please, where did you start from and did you walk to Santiago do Compostella or further?

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Lovely picture weiho. It makes me feel very inadequate about my daily watercolour sketches on the Camino Frances earlier this year.
Can I ask please, where did you start from and did you walk to Santiago do Compostella or further?
Hi Graeme, I start from Saint Jean on 19th September and finished at Muxia on 26th October.

cindyjo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
Camino del Norte /Primitivo (2014)
Chemin la Puy (2016)
Camino Portuguese (2017)
I’ve enjoyed your paintings so much. How wonderful that your paintings are not only beautiful to look at, but they capture the feeling and spirit of the Camino. I can only imagine what it must be like to see them all hanging in your house or studio.

Meggins

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - One complete St.J.P.P to Santiago plus twice more for 500km each time.
Though some people hated or skipped the Meseta, I found it very beautiful (Sept) and zen-like. I loved it and also love your painting!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Truly jealous. During my training as a civil engineer we had to learn to use colour wash. I mastered the technique of keeping a wet edge but wasn't allowed to play because my greens and brown would get transposed :(

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino Portugues, 2017
I could see a published blog of a Camino walk with these paintings to illustrate it. Beautiful.
I second that idea. @weiho states that he paints for fun and that he's never sold any of his work, but he has a talent that is worthy of sharing and the blog idea makes sense. It would a great place to view all of his Camino paintings in one spot. Put me down as an inaugural "follower." I'm sure he's probably got non-Camino-related work that is worthy of sharing as well.

Or as an alternative, a Facebook page dedicated to his paintings such as John Mattingly has done with his artfully treated Camino photography at https://www.facebook.com/CaminoArtbyJohnMattingly/.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
I second that idea. @weiho states that he paints for fun and that he's never sold any of his work, but he has a talent that is worthy of sharing and the blog idea makes sense. It would a great place to view all of his Camino paintings in one spot. Put me down as an inaugural "follower." I'm sure he's probably got non-Camino-related work that is worthy of sharing as well.

Or as an alternative, a Facebook page dedicated to his paintings such as John Mattingly has done with his artfully treated Camino photography at https://www.facebook.com/CaminoArtbyJohnMattingly/.
Hi dear Camino friend. Yes, I indeed have a place where I publish most of my paintings. Here is the link https://www.instagram.com/original_watercolour/

RENSHAW

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks every year on CF reaching Burgos or Leon. Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
You make it look so easy to paint.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%