A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

I were there (painting)

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
I’ve enjoyed your paintings so much. How wonderful that your paintings are not only beautiful to look at, but they capture the feeling and spirit of the Camino. I can only imagine what it must be like to see them all hanging in your house or studio.
Thank you Cindy! The memories of the Camino will stay with me forever.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
For me, Castrojerez is THE most beautiful town on Camino Francés. Especially the sights when you approach the town.
Yes, those sights coming into town were awesome, especially seeing the big hill with the castle ruins on top in the distance. After settling in at our albergue and dropping off my pack, I had enough energy to hike up the big hill to that castle behind the village. The 360° views were stunning! A memory I will treasure forever.

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
I am sure that many of you remember this beautiful place. Yes, it is Sahagún. I passed there on 6th October but didn’t stop over. View attachment 48911
It's the town where you can obtain the 'half-way' certificate for 3€ from the church/museum not far from the location of this painting. There is also the 'half-way' monument about 3km before this point and before the entrance to the town. There are confusing signs, so head for La Ermita prior to heading directly to town centre. Maybe someone else could give better directions, as I missed it! The museum and church on the hill are worth going to visit, not just to get a certificate. Check opening times.
Great paintings, keep them coming, we love them.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Yes, those sights coming into town were awesome, especially seeing the big hill with the castle ruins on top in the distance. After settling in at our albergue and dropping off my pack, I had enough energy to hike up the big hill to that castle behind the village. The 360° views were stunning! A memory I will treasure forever.
Did you take any photos from the top of the hill. Love to have a look.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Interesting! I didn’t know
It's the town where you can obtain the 'half-way' certificate for 3€ from the church/museum not far from the location of this painting. There is also the 'half-way' monument about 3km before this point and before the entrance to the town. There are confusing signs, so head for La Ermita prior to heading directly to town centre. Maybe someone else could give better directions, as I missed it! The museum and church on the hill are worth going to visit, not just to get a certificate. Check opening times.
Great paintings, keep them coming, we love them.
Interesting, I didn’t know there is a half way monument.

Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17)
Camino Portuguese - April ('19)
I am sure that many of you remember this beautiful place. Yes, it is Sahagún. I passed there on 6th October but didn’t stop over. View attachment 48911
Your shadows, light, and "essence of" of detail are outstanding. Time to get the paints wet again. You are an inspiration! Would love to host you if ever interested in entertaining a watercolor workshop. We'll line up interested painters here in New England.

Camino(s) past & future
camino frances,camino del norte,camino frances
So glad to see Puente de la Reina.Last Year I have to stop in Zubiri as my knee was bad,so never make it
to Puente de la Reina.
Gracias for the beautiful painting

Camino(s) past & future
may-june (2016)
Thanks for sharing. I love your vue. I ll make paper copies for my walls. I will share
them with those being on Camino with me. I lost my hart for these pictures. I love you.
Benny

Damienw

Camino(s) past & future
After the big towns of Leon and Astoria the English Albergue of Rabanal is the perfect oasis for reflection and the realisation that journeys end beckons and the start of longing for home ! The 3 day retreat with Father Fabian (?) and the Dominicans is such a serious temptation to linger but for lack of time ...

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Beautiful, one of the best paintings I've seen of the camino. Would you please send me a copy. I would be happy to pay you. My email is linda2chambers@msn.com.
Hi Linda, unfortunately I don’t have a print for this painting. But I am more thank happy to send you the original photo of this painting so that you can print it out if you wish.

Trude

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais 2013 Finnestere, Muxia 2013, 2017
Norte 2014, Francais, 2015, 2016, VDLP 2017
Love it, you are very talented. Well done.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
@weiho, your paintings are all so beautiful. I know you said in another thread that the camino brings you so much joy (or words to that effect) that you could not think of asking for any remuneration for your work. But your work would make beautiful greeting cards. Wouldn't you think of offering up your work for sale and donating the proceeds to charity? How wonderful it would be to spread the joy around. :)

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
@weiho, your paintings are all so beautiful. I know you said in another thread that the camino brings you so much joy (or words to that effect) that you could not think of asking for any remuneration for your work. But your work would make beautiful greeting cards. Wouldn't you think of offering up your work for sale and donating the proceeds to charity? How wonderful it would be to spread the joy around. :)
Hi, I have been asked my many friends for the prints of my paintings. I am painting more of the Camino now, once I get a few more I will consider to get some prints using proper watercolor paper. Thank you!

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Your shadows, light, and "essence of" of detail are outstanding. Time to get the paints wet again. You are an inspiration! Would love to host you if ever interested in entertaining a watercolor workshop. We'll line up interested painters here in New England.
Thank you Sally! I don’t think I am that good to give a watercolour workshop. I am doing it purely for fun.

Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17)
Camino Portuguese - April ('19)
Incredible talent! Thank you for sharing.

Maiz

Camino(s) past & future
April 2018
Beautiful. I spent three nights with the monks in Rabanal, recuperating from seriously injured knees. It was one of those grace-filled experiences of the Camino, when I just knew St. James was looking out for me and taking me to exactly where I needed to be. Your painting brings back a flood of wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing.
Hi Bala - So sorry to hear about your injury but great to see you completed the journey in October. Congratulations!
@Maiz

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
I vote for a series of products, greeting cards, a calendar, a collage, etc. If you are not interested in marketing them, here is a constructive suggestion...

Contact Rebekah Scott here on the forum to inquire about a charitable contribution if you are not interested in the possible commercial side of this. My sense is that, properly presented, someone deserving could benefit from your wonderful work. The profit, such as it was, would flow back into the Camino. Wonderful karma...

Rebekah runs a very small not-for-profit organization benefiting the Camino. She is also a published author who would be familiar with bringing your wonderful art to market, and for a good cause.

I recommend you use the Private Conversation function to message her privately and directly. If you search for her name and find a post from her, click on it. One of your options will be to start a conversation. Only you and the people you include in the message will see the message. It does not appear in the general forum.

If, for whatever reason, she is not interested, please let me know (also via Private Conversation) I have other, similar suggestions.

PLEASE, keep painting. Your series of outstanding watercolors has yet to reach its destination...

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
I vote for a series of products, greeting cards, a calendar, a collage, etc. If you are not interested in marketing them, here is a constructive suggestion...

Contact Rebekah Scott here on the forum to inquire about a charitable contribution if you are not interested in the possible commercial side of this. My sense is that, properly presented, someone deserving could benefit from your wonderful work. The profit, such as it was, would flow back into the Camino. Wonderful karma...

Rebekah runs a very small not-for-profit organization benefiting the Camino. She is also a published author who would be familiar with bringing your wonderful art to market, and for a good cause.

I recommend you use the Private Conversation function to message her privately and directly. If you search for her name and find a post from her, click on it. One of your options will be to start a conversation. Only you and the people you include in the message will see the message. It does not appear in the general forum.

If, for whatever reason, she is not interested, please let me know (also via Private Conversation) I have other, similar suggestions.

PLEASE, keep painting. Your series of outstanding watercolors has yet to reach its destination...

Hope this helps.
All very good suggestions @t2andreo. All the same, I would caution @weiho to proceed very slowly and carefully here, and be sure he has someone on his side protecting his interests. I am not saying in any way whatsoever that I doubt Rebekah's capabilities; that is certainly not the case. However, @weiko said he does these paintings for fun and I've seen problems arise when there are these kinds of good intentions and things can turn from fun to not fun very quickly.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept-Oct 2018
You paintings are such a fantastic reminder of the Camino! They are bringing back so many good memories. They are beautiful. Don't stop painting! I'd buy your calendar and I'd buy these for greeting cards!
Love your work.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
You paintings are such a fantastic reminder of the Camino! They are bringing back so many good memories. They are beautiful. Don't stop painting! I'd buy your calendar and I'd buy these for greeting cards!
Love your work.
Thank you!

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Lovely pic! How was the albergue? Did you enjoy your stay? BC SY

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Roncesvalles to Sahagun Oct 2016
Sahagun to SDC April 2017
I’m another who is really appreciating this series - They evoke so much in the mind of our journeys too. Thankyou for sharing them.
Buen camino
Annie
Right on Annie. Each painting instantly puts me back into each of those places. well done Weiho and thank you

Camino(s) past & future
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
Love this spot! See my photo on the left.

Camino(s) past & future

DsixDsix

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - St Jean to Logrono (June 2018)

Future Plans to complete Camino Frances!
I am very much enjoying your art. You really capture the nuance of the Camino and its spirit so well. Only those who have walked can describe that feeling and these lovely images are beautiful. I felt as though I was back on the path again...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Wanna bet Weiho interprets one or more of these splendid photos in watercolor? Can't wait...
That's what I had hoped too, Tom, but didn't want to officially make a request in case he wasn't interested...so thanks for thinking the same thoughts! ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Oh, my sense is that he will. He REALLY does have a very good eye for composition, and his use of colors is restrained and very realistic. I admire Weiho's talent very much.

I would love to have his paintings. If I could get the .jpg files, I would have them printed on linen and stretched on a frame.

One of our local UPS stores offers this service. It is not unreasonable. You bring the image file to them. They print the image on linen-like 'paper.' The product is suitable for mounting on a wall. But to me, and many others, these paintings are valuable. They ought not simply be given away.

His paintings, together, make a fabulous collage. That is why I recommended he partner with Rebekah to bring his art to market, and in a manner that benefits the Camino. I would buy the product(s). I am certain many of my colleagues here would also do so.

Once a product line is developed, Ivar has an established global distribution method via Casa Ivar, his online tienda. just sayin...

Happy Thanksgiving (manana)...

Camino(s) past & future
Tom, you are always so helpful with good advise and suggestions. For my own use, I personally would like to see them condensed as a collection of prints in a coffee table book.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
I would totally pay real money for a book collecting these when they are done. Just sayin'.
Hi David. I am surprised that so many people like my paintings. Many of them have suggested that I make into prints, calendars, cards etc. I am considering to do this. For now, I am painting more. Also I need to repaint some of the published one, such as Rabanal, that I am not very happy about. If my paintings could bring back the wonderful memories of our Camino, I would be very satisfied.

Camino(s) past & future
There is no pressure to paint one of those photos if you prefer not to....I am enjoying all your others very much!

Camino(s) past & future
I will try. I really like your photos . Thank you. By the way, I couldn’t see the Saint Anton monastery ruins from your photos. Probably it too far.
I checked my other photos, but do not see San Anton in any of them. It must just be too far away. Sorry.

Geoff Shepherd

I’m the big fella on the left.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep-Oct 2018
A magnificent monastery in a tiny village. I stayed there on 29th September 2018.
View attachment 49083
I stayed there on the same night - it was a beautiful sunny day and the evening Pilgrim's Mass was special. The albergue was quite full as I recall. I am enjoying your lovely paintings. Keep them up please. Cooee Shep

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
I stayed there on the same night - it was a beautiful sunny day and the evening Pilgrim's Mass was special. The albergue was quite full as I recall. I am enjoying your lovely paintings. Keep them up please. Cooee Shep
We might have seen each other then. In the dinner, I sat next to two gentlemen, one from Australia and another from New Zealand.

Camino(s) past & future
I remember that place!
Had coffee with an Italian fellow one cold morning in the front patio.
I loved it there.
Love your paintings!
Keep 'em coming!

Camino(s) past & future
They certainly have brought back fond memories for me!
They are wonderful!
2019 calendar please!!

Geoff Shepherd

I’m the big fella on the left.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep-Oct 2018
We might have seen each other then. In the dinner, I sat next to two gentlemen, one from Australia and another from New Zealand.
Maybe we did. I am from Australia - are you Korean? Just a guess from your name - Weiho.

Oh Weiho, your talent is a blessing to us all. I agree wholeheartedly
a calendar would be a comfort to us during our months off the Camino.
Please keep capturing those memories.

You are truly a gift from God.

Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2018
Oh Weiho, your talent is a blessing to us all. I agree wholeheartedly
a calendar would be a comfort to us during our months off the Camino.
Please keep capturing those memories.

You are truly a gift from God.

Buen Camino
Thank you Doug!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Hi David. I am surprised that so many people like my paintings. Many of them have suggested that I make into prints, calendars, cards etc. I am considering to do this. For now, I am painting more. Also I need to repaint some of the published one, such as Rabanal, that I am not very happy about. If my paintings could bring back the wonderful memories of our Camino, I would be very satisfied.
That's why I said "when they are done." ;-) Certainly, painting them has to be the first priority. Afterwards, you can think about what you want to do with them.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%