• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I will do a talk about doing the camino, help requested

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
On Tuesday I'll visit my mother in laws church 550 km from home to talk about walking the Camino and show some of my photos.

I think I will bring my backpack and my gear with me.

Any suggestions on what to bring up? What would you as a person who have walked a Camino talk about and what would you who is planning a Camino want to know?

Right now I have written down:
*how did I come up with the idea/what brought me there
*how did I prepare and what to think of during the camino
*where to eat/sleep
*what to bring
*traditions on the Camino
*how it was to walk, my thoughts during the walk
*the route I walked and why did I select the options I did
*the Camino family
*resources for more info
*the "camino bug"/blues/never ending longing back to the camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but I'd like to know about bathrooms along the way.....is it possible to walk that far without ever using the great outdoors? What is the longest stretch between real bathrooms (toilets)? And how do you hide yourself while "taking care of business" with others walking the same pathway? And how about shared bathrooms and showering in the over night places? Is it possible to hold onto any modesty along the way?

I think its a great idea to bring your pack, I would lay out all the items you brought alonside the pack so people will see what you can actualy survive with on the way, then pack it at the end and let people feel the weight. This is the kind of stuff I was interested in before I walked, practical stuff as well as the route and spiritual. I went to a talk before I walked by a journalist who had walked with his daughter but I came away as wise as I went in, it was more about the book than the practicalities of the walk. I hope it all goes well for you Beatrice.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but I'd like to know about bathrooms along the way.....is it possible to walk that far without ever using the great outdoors? What is the longest stretch between real bathrooms (toilets)? And how do you hide yourself while "taking care of business" with others walking the same pathway? And how about shared bathrooms and showering in the over night places? Is it possible to hold onto any modesty along the way?

I think the distance and time one travels between "nature's call" depends on the person. A lot of factors. Physical and hydration level as well. Coffee is a diuretic, so if you drink a lot of it, you have to urinate more. You will find toilets along the way, but they are in the cafe's, restaurants, etc. There are no portable toilets on the walk. I certainly would not allow the prospect of having to "go in the great outdoors" stop me from staying hydrated, and certainly not stop me from having my morning coffee. ;)

Nobody even notices another peregrino "doing their business" outside along the Way. I guess because we all have to do it.

Thanks for asking my question. I'm starting in September as a newbie and I was wondering the same thing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I gave a talk on my return, which went down very well. I included a section about statistics, relating to age, nationality, gender, starting places, mode of transport (ie, by foot, cycle, horseback, wheelchair). I think most people are very interested in the dormitory conditions and how it feels to sleep with snoring strangers. And maybe tell your audience how you changed both physically and mentally during your walk.

I had never given such a presentation before. I put a great deal of effort into it, and ran through it many time before the 'big day'. I was quite nervous but actually enjoyed the experience and it all went very well.

I took my backpack loaded to the weight I carried, my walking poles, credencial, compostellas and the printout of the elevation profile for each stage.

Good luck - preparation is everything.

In addition to your list and many great suggestions I would add:

Fear...

A lot of people seem to have feelings of fear/apprehension, and I think that is understandable.

There are issues of distances between toilet facilities. Distances between albergues, bars, shops restaurants. People question if they are physically able to to do it, whether they will be alone. Is it selfish to undertake such a journey and leaving loved ones behind? My Spanish is non-existent, will I be able to communicate?

I have seen many more questions here in the forum, these are some that spring to mind. Many people I've met had thoughts along these lines before they started walking, and some kept those thoughts at the beginning of their journey. However, they often seem to become less important as people take one step after another.

I would have liked someone to say to me:

"It is ok to be a bit scared, it shows that you have thought about a few things, but - it's great that you do not let the fear of the unknown stop you. There will be hard days, and there will be easy days and they will all be important to you. When you complete your journey those fears from the beginning will seem insignificant and you will have learned that you're much stronger than you thought. Buen Camino"

My daughter and managed to walk from SJPP to Finisterre without ever having to answer the call of nature in the wild. There are many bars along the way that you can use. But I know we are lucky in that we are blessed with robust bladders.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I like all of the above, especially visual information and the practicalities of what you carry and why and what you leave behind and why.

I have been invited to speak in two churches about my first aid mission to pilgrims and the pilgrimage so I am going through a similar process.
I think the trick is to not have any notes - as a pilgrim you already have all the information in your head so order of info is the only thing you need to prepare.

All I would say is to remember that most of the people in front of you may not actually know what the pilgrimage is or why it is, or even exactly where it is, so a brief history could be a good way to start ... the numbers are really interesting I think ... in a supposedly secular age pilgrim numbers have been increasing dramatically each year ... and why did you go? What was it that called you? The wide variety of types of people, from so many countries, and so on. Plus, for certain, intersperse your tale with both funny and sad anecdotes ...
perhaps you could enter kitted out as if you were on Camino?

Oh, and Enjoy!!!

Hi Beatrice -

Great responses everyone. Something else you can do is provide a 'Further Information' sheet that everyone can take home with them. Include the following:
  • A short list of recommended Camino books (eg the Brierley guide and a memoir or two)
  • The movie 'The Way'
  • Your favourite Youtube clips
  • Forum link (guess which one!)
  • Details of one or two particularly good blogs that you've followed.
  • At the bottom of the sheet include your favourite quote and of course, a Buen Camino! This is my favourite quote:
    “20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” - Mark Twain.
When I did a presentation to my yoga group last year (some of whom had never heard of the Camino) I printed out a stack of the information sheets and rolled them up scroll fashion, tied with blue and yellow curling ribbons. The info sheets were a great success.

Good luck with your presentation!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
On Tuesday I'll visit my mother in laws church 550 km from home to talk about walking the Camino and show some of my photos.

I think I will bring my backpack and my gear with me.

Any suggestions on what to bring up? What would you as a person who have walked a Camino talk about and what would you who is planning a Camino want to know?

Right now I have written down:
*how did I come up with the idea/what brought me there
*how did I prepare and what to think of during the camino
*where to eat/sleep
*what to bring
*traditions on the Camino
*how it was to walk, my thoughts during the walk
*the route I walked and why did I select the options I did
*the Camino family
*resources for more info
*the "camino bug"/blues/never ending longing back to the camino

You have some good ideas yourself, Beatrice, and many more great ideas from the people here. As it is a church group, and the camino is originally a spiritual pilgrimage (and still is for many) I would also delve into that aspect. I would mention that for many, they feel it to be a calling that gets answered when 'it is time', rather than when they think it is convenient. I would also point out that as much as we plan, the camino (or God/Spirit) always has its way. When we embark on this journey, it is a walk with God (or Spirit, or whatever way we view the Divine). In that walk we touch something special. We discover our strengths and we see our weaknesses. We come across wonderful people, and we also encounter some horrid ones who reflect something that we need to learn. On the camino people can be selfish and thoughtless, and others can be warm, embracing and we see the beautiful side of human nature. I don't know if this was your type of focus, Beatrice, but you might want to mention it for those in your audience who are spiritually motivated by such journeys. Have a good time sharing!

Thanks to all contributors for all this very useful info.

I start SJDP 27th April, raising funds for charity, and have been asked to do a couple of talks when I get back to help raise money.

I start SJDP 27th April, raising funds for charity, and have been asked to do a couple of talks when I get back to help raise money.

It would be so interesting were you to write a talk now and then read it after your Camino!! :)

Good luck on the 27th, Enjoy. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It would be so interesting were you to write a talk now and then read it after your Camino!! :)

Good luck on the 27th, Enjoy. Buen Camino!

Thanks David, I think you might have a good idea there, a pre-written talk might have less swear words in it. :)

I find I get a good reaction to the history of the camino - how folks walked it as a penance for their sins etc. and also details of the 31 routes leading to SdC .... including the Camino Ingles, which I start in 3 weeks!
List your ten favourite memories of the camino.
They're also fascinated by the pros and cons of albergues, and mixed dormitories ....[aren't we all?!?]
Buen camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here's a thread where I got some help:

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/help-presentation-to-local-school.12081/

Here are the photos I used. Most will be of little use, but the maps might be nice. Feel free to use any of them. The first part is history and background, the second follows biking from Prague to Santiago.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116116...&authkey=Gv1sRgCKu8qIOX977DNg&feat=directlink

Great photos.....thanks for letting us all take a look!

I walked in a hiking skirt (Macabi) and whit a skirt it is easier to hide your private parts :) Going far out in the woods is also a good thing. I had no problem with doing my business outdoors when needed. Had a zip lock bag for my toilet paper.

I'm probably not the right person to talk about having to share bathrooms etc as I'm half Finnish and so used to share common areas naked with others while taking a sauna bath. But most of the albergues had walls and doors separating the showers and if you are shy you can change in solitary.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think its a great idea to bring your pack, I would lay out all the items you brought alonside the pack so people will see what you can actualy survive with on the way, then pack it at the end and let people feel the weight. This is the kind of stuff I was interested in before I walked, practical stuff as well as the route and spiritual. I went to a talk before I walked by a journalist who had walked with his daughter but I came away as wise as I went in, it was more about the book than the practicalities of the walk. I hope it all goes well for you Beatrice.
The talk is advertised as Béatrice is talking about the camino and showing pictures so I'm not sure what they are expecting. I know that at least one in the audience is preparing for a camino starting in August. I'll try to mix both practical info while on the walk as well as my own thoughts. I'll do as you suggested with the things.

Talk about how "social" the Camino can be.
I'll do my best. I was probably not the most social person on the camino as i was walking fast but I tried to be social in the evenings. I found it easier to be social when there was other solo pilgrims, couples and groups tend to stick together and not letting other people in as much as the solo pilgrims.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I gave a talk on my return, which went down very well. I included a section about statistics, relating to age, nationality, gender, starting places, mode of transport (ie, by foot, cycle, horseback, wheelchair). I think most people are very interested in the dormitory conditions and how it feels to sleep with snoring strangers. And maybe tell your audience how you changed both physically and mentally during your walk.

I had never given such a presentation before. I put a great deal of effort into it, and ran through it many time before the 'big day'. I was quite nervous but actually enjoyed the experience and it all went very well.

I took my backpack loaded to the weight I carried, my walking poles, credencial, compostellas and the printout of the elevation profile for each stage.

Good luck - preparation is everything.
I'll show the elevation as well. As I'll have a projector for showing pictures I can show stuff like that in the presentation. But the compostellas (I have 3 and 1 Muxíana and one Finisterra) and the credentials (have 2 one for Francés and one for Inglés) will go with me. I'll also make a picture with a map with the place we are at in the center and a circle showing where they would end up if they started to walk from there and did the length of Camino Francés.

In addition to your list and many great suggestions I would add:

Fear...

A lot of people seem to have feelings of fear/apprehension, and I think that is understandable.

There are issues of distances between toilet facilities. Distances between albergues, bars, shops restaurants. People question if they are physically able to to do it, whether they will be alone. Is it selfish to undertake such a journey and leaving loved ones behind? My Spanish is non-existent, will I be able to communicate?

I have seen many more questions here in the forum, these are some that spring to mind. Many people I've met had thoughts along these lines before they started walking, and some kept those thoughts at the beginning of their journey. However, they often seem to become less important as people take one step after another.

I would have liked someone to say to me:

"It is ok to be a bit scared, it shows that you have thought about a few things, but - it's great that you do not let the fear of the unknown stop you. There will be hard days, and there will be easy days and they will all be important to you. When you complete your journey those fears from the beginning will seem insignificant and you will have learned that you're much stronger than you thought. Buen Camino"
I'll try to give the people who might consider walking some encouragement to take the step, trust in them self. But I would not talk from own experience as I didn't felt any of that my self. I was just curious, I knew that I was strong enough to do it. The only thing I worried about was the flight to and from as I'm terrible afraid of flying.

I like all of the above, especially visual information and the practicalities of what you carry and why and what you leave behind and why.

I have been invited to speak in two churches about my first aid mission to pilgrims and the pilgrimage so I am going through a similar process.
I think the trick is to not have any notes - as a pilgrim you already have all the information in your head so order of info is the only thing you need to prepare.

All I would say is to remember that most of the people in front of you may not actually know what the pilgrimage is or why it is, or even exactly where it is, so a brief history could be a good way to start ... the numbers are really interesting I think ... in a supposedly secular age pilgrim numbers have been increasing dramatically each year ... and why did you go? What was it that called you? The wide variety of types of people, from so many countries, and so on. Plus, for certain, intersperse your tale with both funny and sad anecdotes ...
perhaps you could enter kitted out as if you were on Camino?

Oh, and Enjoy!!!
I will try to get hold of some numbers (I know that someone posted a link here a while ago).
I'll talk in my camino clothes as I can't put them in the backpack as they were never there :)
I'm currently reading through my diary (blog) for some anecdotes. As I'll show a lot of pictures I can use them as triggers for the memory.
I'm not sure if the audience is coming to learn about doing a pilgrimage them self or just listening to pilgrims story so I have to mix both.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Beatrice -

Great responses everyone. Something else you can do is provide a 'Further Information' sheet that everyone can take home with them. Include the following:
  • A short list of recommended Camino books (eg the Brierley guide and a memoir or two)
  • The movie 'The Way'
  • Your favourite Youtube clips
  • Forum link (guess which one!)
  • Details of one or two particularly good blogs that you've followed.
  • At the bottom of the sheet include your favourite quote and of course, a Buen Camino! This is my favourite quote:
    “20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” - Mark Twain.
When I did a presentation to my yoga group last year (some of whom had never heard of the Camino) I printed out a stack of the information sheets and rolled them up scroll fashion, tied with blue and yellow curling ribbons. The info sheets were a great success.

Good luck with your presentation!
Thanks, I'll have a section of recommended info and will try to print it out for them. Unfortunately I'll not be at work before the talk. Hmm I might have to see The Way soon. It was not easy to find here in Sweden. None of the streaming services has it and neither the video stores. I guess I have to buy the movie from another country.

You have some good ideas yourself, Beatrice, and many more great ideas from the people here. As it is a church group, and the camino is originally a spiritual pilgrimage (and still is for many) I would also delve into that aspect. I would mention that for many, they feel it to be a calling that gets answered when 'it is time', rather than when they think it is convenient. I would also point out that as much as we plan, the camino (or God/Spirit) always has its way. When we embark on this journey, it is a walk with God (or Spirit, or whatever way we view the Divine). In that walk we touch something special. We discover our strengths and we see our weaknesses. We come across wonderful people, and we also encounter some horrid ones who reflect something that we need to learn. On the camino people can be selfish and thoughtless, and others can be warm, embracing and we see the beautiful side of human nature. I don't know if this was your type of focus, Beatrice, but you might want to mention it for those in your audience who are spiritually motivated by such journeys. Have a good time sharing!
The spiritual part of it will be included as it was a part of my own pilgrimage.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Lovely to have the camino in front of you and then the oppertunity to relive it while making the talks. Buen Camino!

I find I get a good reaction to the history of the camino - how folks walked it as a penance for their sins etc. and also details of the 31 routes leading to SdC .... including the Camino Ingles, which I start in 3 weeks!
List your ten favourite memories of the camino.
They're also fascinated by the pros and cons of albergues, and mixed dormitories ....[aren't we all?!?]
Buen camino!
I have a map of different routes showing that the camino is not one way. In fact I did first CF and then out to Finisterre and Muxía and back to SdC and went on to Camino Inglés directly after that. Loved the Inglés so you have a really nice camino in front of you. I'll include some history. 10 favorite memories, just then it is sooo hard :) Are there any cons about mixes albergues? Didn't think of that :)

Here's a thread where I got some help:

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/help-presentation-to-local-school.12081/

Here are the photos I used. Most will be of little use, but the maps might be nice. Feel free to use any of them. The first part is history and background, the second follows biking from Prague to Santiago.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116116...&authkey=Gv1sRgCKu8qIOX977DNg&feat=directlink
Thanks I'll check the thread. I have an album with over 700 pictures so that part I have covered and some maps but I'll check if there is something I have missed.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks all, the talk went fine i talked about:
* What is the camino, not only one way and there is no "starting point" just a way and a goal but if you desire a compostela you are required to walk at least 100 Km.
* Some info about the legend about Jacob and how he ended up in Santiago and why the name Santiago de Copostela.
* About the symbols we can see regarding the camino (the diakonissa talked about the 7 symbols of pilgrimage the cloak, hat, staff, satchel etc and their meaning)
* Some numbers, how many did the caminos in 2013, gender, selection of caminos, ways of transportation etc.
* What brought me to the camino, why did I do it. How my views of the camino some what changed on the way.
* How did I prepare, buying stuff, testing stuff, reading, asking questions, what I din't do I tried not to look at to much pictures, I din't see the movie The way.
* What did I have in my backpack, I wore my hiking gear (and showed them ow great the macabi hiking skirt is) and I layed out the rest on the podium and used some as props during my talk.
* Where to eat, sleep and taking care of "needs" (read toilet, washing)
* How much money did I spent on what
* I made a map with the place we were at in the middle and a radius circle, how fare should we reach if we walked the distance I walked from there. To give them some perspective of the length
* Then I showed pictures and talked about the people you meet, the camino family, the lovely view, the change from "look at all the pretty mountains" into "this is a little bit dull lets go inwards and think instead", my talks with "him up there" about wind directions, about the 5-o-clock people, the lovely community dinners, the pure joy that swept over me here and there, the longing for my family that hit me in Foncebadón etc etc.

After the talk i put it all my gear in the backpack and they could feel the weight. I handed out a paper with one of my Buen Camino photos on top with suggestions for further info.

And yes I did talk to fast ;-)
FA56156A-5055-4A5D-BFC4-851913399ECB.JPG

Congratulations Beatrice! Your talk would have been completely wonderful, with the huge amount of effort and thought that you put into it. Don't be concerned about talking too fast - it's something the majority of us do when we're passionate about something - you just feel that you need to get all the words out and not miss a thing.
Cheers - Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Stephen and David - I think we need to put up a new thread - British Humour On The Forum - none of us would have to wait too long to see who contributes ! :D;)

Today it is time again to have a camino talk. Unfortunately I had lost my old presentation but thankful to my self printing down the headings in this post. But now I also have several other caminos behind me so more experience to talk from. This time I'll make sure to save the presentation in the cloud :) Hardest part was to select photos to go into the presentation have thousands of camino photos and they all bring back memories for me but they also need to say the viewer something if they haven't been on the camino.

€60,-
Camino angels and random acts,of kindness to strangers. In the hope of them being passed on.
Whether that be i bit of food offered or a pair of poles or gloves forgotten ,then picked up and carried by another walker for many miles or days until you meet up with the person in some bar ,albergue, and then the delight on the face of the person reunited with there belongings and the joy in the act.
Id try and explain how the travelling circus that is the Camino encourages this type of behaviour and how we begin to see the best in ourselves and others.

Save time for questions...if you think you have covered it...you haven't..LOL
People have questions, lots of questions. I have gone to and given talks on the camino and people that come usually want information.

For your talk, apply the same rule that you learnt when preparing your backpack: don't try to put too much, unnecesary stuff in a limited space. Less is always better. So, your presentation could be more of a talk than a reading.
Consider first and foremost what may be interesting for your public, not what you personally found endearing (as photos of your Camino friends at dinner). It should be not about you, but about them....
In my experience as a lecturer, 50-60 minutes is the best. After an hour, the public tend to become tired and distracted. If you have a written presentation, estimate 2 1/2 minutes per page, double space (although, actually, 3 minutes is better). And commenting photos also takes time.
Consider your public: are they preparing for the Camino or just generally interested? Trekking fans or not? Families with children, teens, older people? Would they be attracted by the "adventure" aspect or the spiritual side? Could they be interested in the practical things (hydration, bathrooms, safety, etc.) or is it better to let them for the questions?
Include anecdotes (people tend to like them) but not too many. Same for the photos (too many becomes dizzying).
Good talk!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@steve 217 @edandjoan @Felipe
Thank you for your advice. I had already prepared my presentation for that evening when I posted my comment but I will remember those things for my next presentation. Most of the audience was not there because they wanted to walk the camino, they wanted "a good story" and some general inspiration and then there were a few that are planning to walk in a couple of years. i was talking a bit to long. Just showing my own packing took a while (they had especially asked me to bring my things). I talked way to long about different routes. Will cut that part down for next time. I think my original planned talk was about 1 hour but with questions that was doubled. So I agree with how much you ever plan they will ask you about other things :)

I had a powerpoint presentation with most headings (topics) and pictures that gives me something to refer to. Or for them just to look at instead of stare at me the whole time. But for me it is more definitively a talk rather than a reading (being a professional lecturer at the university for several years helps with that).

I'll create a survey to ask the participants what they have as feedback, will ask the organizer to send it out. But i got good feedback form some who stayed and talked to me afterwards.

One questions I never prefers for even though I would have learned by now in "Where you ever scared, felt unsafe" (always asked by a man in the audience. Another drill down by questions was the feeling of arrival and as always talking about seeing the towers for the first time almost bring me to tears.

My topics this time were:
Who am I
Routes I had walked
Why pilgrimage (historical and nowadays)
Why to Santiago de Compostela
Why did I walk the first time - why do I come back
How to prepare
When to walk
Equipment (wore my hiking gear and had the backpack on for the first 10 minutes, when we came to this topic I unpacked everything and gave a short description of my choices and alternatives).
Sleeping arrangements
Food
Cost
Pilgrim passport & the composela - rules
Walk alone or in group
Different Caminos and the characteristics
Questions (also encourages questions along the talk)

Some anecdotes around these topics and pictures showing some of it as well.

I will remember those things for my next presentation.
I have a suggestion if you want to be a little creative with your next presentation - Open with a short story that takes the audience directly to the core of your experience - e.g. The most beautiful morning on the Camino / an encounter with an inspiring person / a "family' meal with fellow pilgrims / a remarkable natural scene that touched your heart. No preamble. You can skip back to "Who am I" and "The routes I walked" after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suggestion if you want to be a little creative with your next presentation - Open with a short story that takes the audience directly to the core of your experience - e.g. The most beautiful morning on the Camino / an encounter with an inspiring person / a "family' meal with fellow pilgrims / a remarkable natural scene that touched your heart. No preamble. You can skip back to "Who am I" and "The routes I walked" after that.
Did that when presenting my photo exhibition. Asked them to close their eyes first. It is a good way to start. I agree. Thanks for reminding me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.