• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Iberia Airlines vs. TAP

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, some advice please! Sorry if I’ve missed anything in previous threads; if so, please point me in the right direction.

I had a flight on Iberia Airlines from Santiago to Madrid for 17 July 2020. I recently received an email offering a change of date, due to covid-19, so I changed it, for no extra charge, to my planned postponed date of May 2021. Happy, happy.

I also have a non-refundable flight booked on TAP from Madrid to Lisbon for 5 July 2020.

Unlike the Iberian flight, it is from one country to another.

I recently received an email to say there was a change of TIME, but they did not give me the offer of a change of DATE.

The border between Spain and Portugal will likely be open by 5 July, but there is no way I am able to get on that flight.

What are my chances of getting a refund or (preferably) a change of date? Any ideas?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My TAP voucher was extended for an additional year with a 20% bonus.

What date was your flight? And when did they give you the voucher?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just yesterday I received my refunds on my credit card from Iberia, booked through Expedia. I had to call 6 times, waiting huge amounts of time on hold since April 16th. They pushed to give me vouchers instead, but perseverance finally paid off.
Now I am waiting on a few less expensive flights within Spain booked directly with Iberia.

What date was your flight? And when did they give you the voucher?
I would have been leaving 21 May and returning 27 June. I got the original voucher early in April and the upgraded 2 year voucher with the 20% bonus late in April.

In my opinion, it will come down to whether or not unrestricted travel is possible. If the airline cancels a flight, you normally could get a refund (if only via voucher). If you, on the other hand cancel the flight, it seem to get a bit murky. I know there are a lot of efforts underway to say if you cancel BECAUSE of virus concerns you should be able to get a refund. I haven't heard whether that has come to fruition. Others may know. If you have a non-refundable ticket and, in the airlines view they could have provided service, I think you're out of luck. Hopefully this will find me wrong. I also had a flight on TAP, that luckily they canceled and I opted for the 120% voucher since I know I'll be on them sooner or later. Best of luck.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I had a TAP “non-refundable” for May 6 - July 18. I received a voucher with the 20% bonus good for two years. I hope I will be able to use it.

If the airline cancels a flight, you normally could get a refund (if only via voucher). If you, on the other hand cancel the flight, it seem to get a bit murky.

I hoped the email from TAP was going to offer me a change of date, so I was disappointed when it said it was a change of time. There is no way I will cancel it. If the flight goes ahead as scheduled, then they will have one empty seat without my bum on it. But I will keep checking up to departure time to see if I can change the date.

I hoped the email from TAP was going to offer me a change of date, so I was disappointed when it said it was a change of time. There is no way I will cancel it. If the flight goes ahead as scheduled, then they will have one empty seat without my bum on it. But I will keep checking up to departure time to see if I can change the date.
If the time change is significant enough you may be eligible for a refund. You might have to push for it though.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would have been leaving 21 May and returning 27 June. I got the original voucher early in April and the upgraded 2 year voucher with the 20% bonus late in April.
What do you mean by 20% bonus? We also have upcoming Iberia flights that we won’t be going on in October

What do you mean by 20% bonus? We also have upcoming Iberia flights that we won’t be going on in October
First they offered me a voucher good for one year, then they came back about a month later and said the voucher would be good for 2 years and they were adding 20% to the value of the voucher.

Update!

I received an email advising that another flight, that my husband was booked on, had been cancelled, and he could “Request a Refund”. So I followed that through.

At the end, there was a link to “New Request”, so I thought, OK, let’s try it, and I put my ticket number in.

The system also processed the “refund request”, and cancelled my ticket. So far so good.

However, both refunds are currently “under review” (for the last few days), and no vouchers actually received yet.

Fingers crossed.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It took a week, but the vouchers have arrived :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back